Tesla Model 3: Pre-order to Ownership Discussion

Oh, I don’t doubt for a second they will be happy with it but that has nothing to do with the article.

Assuming they survive, the build quality will get better. It’s not very well known that even in the same model # there can be quite a lot of changes.

-I spend 4 years in an auto-assemble plant but I’m no expert.

2 Likes

You are right. You are not expert on EV. But doesn’t matter. I will be smiling when I drive my Model 3 and you will continue your pessimistic view on Tesla.

Which doesnt matter, because the teardown praised the EV and electronics part. It was the other stuff they said doesn’t measure up.

1 Like

Right…all GM cars are perfectly assembled. Go to Tesla showroom or find Model 3 at a local parking lot. Fit looks fine. Can’t tell difference from my current 2016 BMW

Gez… can you take off your fanboy hat for a second, not every legit criticism of Tesla means I think they are doing everything wrong. It just makes you look petty and uniformed.

5 Likes

Remember that analogy about you could afford all the Apple devices you wanted if you put the purchase price of a new iPhone / iMac / etc into AAPL stock for a few years instead of buying their product?

http://abstrusegoose.com/264

How many shares of TSLA do you need to short to be able to buy their car with the profits? They’re gonna need a few $B by the end of the year one way or the other, and usually the way that happens isn’t good for the stock price.

Cautionary stock discussion here, for longs or unsecured creditors, er, depositors.

I think you are in the wrong forum if you are here to bash Tesla. It’s about “pre-order to ownership discussion”. If you are here to post every negative news (real or fake), please start your own forum. Would prefer that this forum focus on pre-order and ownership. You are just trolling and trying to sour our Model 3 experience and ownership.

You realize you directed that to a guy with the username of TeslaModel3… ?

2 Likes

That’s why I started Tesla Model 3 discussion. Fanboy or not, it’s about sharing Model 3 experience of pre-order and ownership. Clearly ZenNuts have no interest of owning one.

Here’s the thing Tes, there are 200+ car models on sale in the US. They don’t all deserve their own thread on this forum, and if anyone attempts to start a thread about a particular car model, they should expect to take the good with the bad.

Your request that people not come into this thread and talk negatively about the Tesla Model 3 or the car maker in general, especially considering it’s history, is about as fair as me making a suggestion that you don’t post here about your Tesla reservation and go to testlamotorsclub.com or model3ownersclub.com to talk about it instead.

Hey Meed, maybe you didn’t understand when i mentioned earlier that this forum is about discussing Model 3 pre-order and ownership experience. If some people who nevered owned Tesla want to talk about something not related to ordering Model 3, then they can start their own Tesla forum. If it’s not related to Tesla Model 3 pre-order or ownerahip, it doesnt belong in this forum. This forum was created to share the journey of ordering Model 3 and sharing new discovery…please let the new owners enjoy sharimg Model 3 experience. Hope you can understand and respect this forum’s topic.

There are literally 2 people on this board with Tesla Model 3 pre-orders. Sorry to break it to you, but there would be about 10 posts in this thread if it stayed on topic. I understand you created this thread and gave it a particular title, but it is now 246 posts long with most of the posts being about something other than what you wanted it to be about. Sorry if that bugs you, but this is a Deal forum with a finance subforum. If you are going to complain that the members of fragile deal shouldn’t be posting in this thread because they don’t have Tesla Model 3 pre-orders or aren’t owners, I will continue to respectfully suggest you go to a Tesla specific forum to talk about your preferred topics. You have 246 posts to see what people on this board are saying about Teslas. It’s not going to change all of a sudden just because your car is about to be delivered.

Umm…you are forgetting that I created this topic so that I can discuss pre-order experience with other people who wants to pre-order or have already pre-ordered one. Obviously you are here to troll. Are you that bored with your life? Go test drive Model S. I guarantee that you will change your mind about Tesla and will want to own one. Don’t hate something you haven’t experience yet. You are being prejudice to something that you haven’t even personally experience it yourself. Have an open mind and I bet you will have a better outlook in life rather than wasting your energy being a pessimistic person.

Back to Model 3 Discussion

Here is the reason why I ordered 19" wheels. Anyone else ordered 19" wheels?

19" Wheels Test Link

For people who have not been to Tesla showroom to view Model 3:

Edmunds Review

What give you the idea that I’m here to bash Tesla?

I often discuss the very obvious success of what they accomplished with my peers. This doesn’t mean they are prefect and there are a lot of issue for them overcome. What I posted was absolutely pertinent to a thread about model 3 ownership. It’s a car, ok, not your baby.

This reminds me of FW stock discussion thread… what ever happened to RG3?

2 Likes

Let’s take a last two posts. You recently post a link about a small Detroit firm claiming that Tesla don’t know how to build their car. You also posted that AutoPilot is dangerous. But have you actually used AutoPilot features on Tesla car to make a such claim? Do you honestly think a small firm in Detroit knows better than Tesla on building cars? Your opinions are strictly based on reading…not based on your personal experience.

I can tell you from using AutoPilot on Model S that it makes driving more safe. It’s still at Level 2; therefore, your hands need to be on the steering wheels as a safe measurement. It’s people who are driving without their hands on the steering wheel that are on the news.

If you actually drove Tesla car with AutoPilot, you will not make a uninformed judgement on Autopilot.

OMG! AutoPilot is dangerous!

1 Like

I was actually done trolling your Tesla thread and stopped posting up until you started giving other users guff for their posts which weren’t anywhere near my level of trolliness. Even then, I kept out of it until you argued that they shouldn’t be posting in YOUR thread. That’s when I realized that it doesn’t matter the level of criticism or who it comes from, you literally can’t handle anyone saying anything about your future car that isn’t glowing praise. So I am back and I will continue to post my opinion about Tesla.

As for liking Tesla’s cars, I probably would. It seems like they make pretty awesome cars. Is it worth the money and the waiting list? That’s where you and I disagree. Maybe if I had a few more zeros in my bank account, I’d consider buying one. But I’d rather let Tesla and the other car makers work out the EV bugs on early adopters like you. I’ll buy an EV in a couple decades if/when they are a better value.

Also, it’s difficult for me to separate Tesla and Musk as a company and entrepreneur from the vehicles. If I didn’t fundamentally disagree with the way investors value the stock and the way that Musk is using EV credits to keep his company afloat, then I might be a little more fair. I recognize my bias. I have from the beginning. You, on the other hand, refuse to recognize yours.

I havnt experienced using meth, but I’m pretty sure that’s bad. Of course by your logic I’m not allowed to speak about meth, not being a meth-head.