1 oz Gold Bar PAMP Suisse Lady Fortuna Veriscan (New In Assay) $1,929.99 shipped at costco.com

No tax (except possibly for NJ, VT, ME, TN, KY, WI, MS, NM & HI residents), free shipping, and additional 2% back with executive membership. $40 under spot.

Features:

24kt Gold
Item is Non-Refundable
Limit 2 Per Membership

Link

2 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

Wow. Never expected to see something like this on Costco.com. Apparently it has been there for at least a month based on the dates in review comments.

1 Like

Noob question here - what’s the best way to liquidate this? I assume the friendly neighborhood “cash for gold” dealer is not the best option?

I’d be all over this to manufacture some spending if it was easy enough to get the cash for it.

Why is this a good buy?

It could be the best option if your neighborhood dealer happens to be one of the biggest dealers and offers the best prices. Most of them aren’t. You could sell to big online dealers like apmex, but then you’d have to ship it with insurance, which eats into profits. Could still work out with this deal.

This is likely the lowest cost if you can resell for profit or were already looking to buy.

1 Like

Interesting. The local coin dealer that advertises all over the place has a live pricing page which lists:

“1 oz Pamp Suisse Gold Bar” for $2022. I assume that is what this is. Not a bad deal if that’s the actual cash you get.

1 Like

That’s the sale price, right? Not the price he would purchase it for?

2 Likes

I have no idea… never done anything like this before. Not sure if “live pricing” is what they will sell it for, or if that’s what they buy for.

You can sell to Apmex, Provident, or JMB. Insured shipping is a pain, though. Either slow usps registered mail or use the dealers own insurance and shipping label for $50.

I don’t know that I would try to MS this straight up, but it would be ideal for meeting a sign up bonus on a new card.

2 Likes
1 Like

Saw something similar on CNBC: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/27/costco-is-selling-gold-bars-and-they-are-selling-out-within-a-few-hours.html

The prescriptive is interesting:

Rose noted that the company seems to have accelerated its offerings of dried foods and other survivalist goods at a time when worries about the future are running high. For example, the company markets a 150-serving emergency food preparedness kit that could come in handy, you know, just in case. Gold meshes with that type of product.

And here I thought they catered to bulk purchases and quite a few luxury items like this $350k ring: https://www.costco.com/radiant-cut-1.54-ct-center-vvs1-clarity%2C-fancy-pink-diamond-platinum-halo-ring.product.100782615.html

And they got in a dig:

The hoarding of gold bars is a hot topic lately after U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey was indicted on federal bribery charges and 81.5 ounces in bullion were seized from his home.