Alliant Credit Union

Hi Craig. Welcome! Not much happening here. Maybe you can add some activity.

Thanks shinobi and pattyb53…I know agryll is around here too…feels almost like old times on fatwallet again… :slightly_smiling_face:

Over at the phatwallet site, i know someone who has an inside contact at Alliant…the revamped Online Banking will be coming to Alliant CU this year…hopefully during the first quarter, but not definite…There will likely be an improved Bill Pay service as well with e bill options added…When i e-mail them, they just say they aren’t sure when but it is coming…

Figured i get active on using Alliant again as i wait for the big change :wink:

1 Like

Not much activity on the other site?

I would say the level of activity is probably pretty similiar on phatwallet as it is here…However, there isn’t an Alliant CU thread and i had noticed that not only was there one here, but it seemed to have a lot of the same people that were on the fatwallet Alliant thread…So, figured i might as well join and say hello to old friends… :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, i just got pretty active using my Alliant CU banking again after a long time of relative inactivity, trying different online banks, etc…

It’s a problem with PWF vs FD. PWF is more hot deals and FD is more finance. But welcome back, craig10x.

Was keeping some money in Alliant savings until now. Today’s PurePoint 1.6% announcement ended that pronto.

Alliant had better do something next week, when the first of the month rolls around.

1 Like

I hear you, shinobi…i’m getting 1.55% apy over at IB (Incredible Bank)

Thanks shinobi. As usual you hear about these rate upgrades first.

It has to be quite a long time when we were first introduced to PurePoint. I can’t remember what % rate, but this 1.6% is another tops. So I’ll be checking to see from where I can move funds.

Aside from my Incredible Bank account getting 1.55% apy, I also have AMEX High Yield Savings and that just went up to 1.45% apy as of today…So, now the big question is: will Alliant CU raise their rate by Feb 1st???

@craig10x have you looked at PurePoint - 1.6%

Purepoint is very good (had them for a while) But they only have savings and cds…What i like with IB (Incredible Bank) is that they also have a Checking Account with very good bill pay and unlimited atm rebates on the debit card…

Up to recently, you had to wait 2 months to get interbank ach transfers but they just dropped that requirement…the other thing was low ach limits but that is also changing as of Feb 1: $75,000 Incoming or Outgoing per day with 1 day transfers… :slightly_smiling_face:

@craig10x What rate do they pay on Checking? Can’t seem to find that info. Higher than Alliant?

No Interest on the Checking Account…just the perks (excellent bill pay, unlimited atm rebates debit card)…The high rate on the Savings Account on the 2nd tier ($25,000 and up) at 1.55% apy makes up for the small amount of interest i lose on the checking side…

Their Mobile App is also quite excellent…and has no limits on how large a check you deposit through it! And the first $5000 gets no hold at all…

Figure if you average $5000 to $6000 a month in the checking with no interest as compared to getting, say 1% interest on it each month, means a yearly loss of maybe $40 after taxes…

It would be helpful if this Alliant CU thread focuses on Alliant, and discussion of other companies goes in the High APY Liquid Accounts thread or their own threads.

5 Likes

@craig10x so wouldn’t it make more sense to keep your savings at PurePoint at 1.6% and keep money in checking at Alliant at 0.65% with Alliant 1 day transfers between Alliant and PurePoint? I’m not seeing the benefit to Incredible with the lack of interest on checking?

More convenient to have both with IB…You can make instant immediate transfers from the savings side when you need money in the Checking side…

Actually, with Alliant’s 0.65% on the checking, you would only lose maybe $25 a year from not getting the checking interest…look at it that way…Also IB’s Bill Pay is MUCH better than Alliant’s…many more electronic payees…and even e bill options…

Also IB has really excellent and personal customer service…i’ve been pretty impressed with it!

Makes sense but not for me. I’m not open to a $25 yearly fee for better Billpay.

No problem…just a suggestion…everyone has different priorities, i suppose…
To me, I’d rather get $2 less per month and have the convenience of both accounts together as well as a better bill pay service…:wink:

Incredible Bank? You trust Incredible Bank??? Good golly!! Don’t you know the definition of “incredible”?

Incredible has been around since 2009…they are actually one of the oldest “internet banks” and they are part of River Valley Bank which is a 14 branch bank in Wisconsin which has been around since 1967…so yeah, i would think i could trust them…

Actually, they are pretty incredible! (lol)…