Alliant Credit Union

There is no place for promo code for supplemental savings, so I can forget that unless they let you do it over the phone. I will probably open a certificate because there is a space for the promo code.

Did your second CD qualify for the $100 promo? Being an old Alliant member we don’t qualify for the full offer.

The Agent I spoke with yesterday was going to ask her supervisor if I could open more than one bonus CD. Since no supervisor was available at that time I got no answer. Today being Saturday I talked with a different Agent and she said I must wait for the original Agent for answers. Online offer doesn’t work for me. So that’s where I stand today. :((

1 Like

I believe I would only qualify for the CD and the $10k deposit, for a total of $200. But for me, I want to the CD anyway, so the bonus is just icing on the cake if I get it. However, if I were opening for the bonus, I would be upset if I don’t get the bonus.

2 Likes

Existing members qualify only for one new certificate and the bonus for a $10K deposit. Depositing $10K would get the $100 bonus for a new certificate plus the $100 bonus for depositing $10K by 3-31-23 and leaving it through 4-30-23. This is the only way for existing members to get multiple bonuses. The bonus arrives 4-6 weeks after requirements have been met on 4-30-23. Adding the $200 bonus with the interest from $10K works out to a 6.6% 12 month CD.

$5K would get just the $100 bonus and would also work out to 6.6%.

2 Likes

Was 2.7%, now 2.95%.

5 Likes

Here is a fun one.

One of the reasons I continue to maintain an Alliant account is the ability to deposit cash at Co-op ATMs. My office has an ATM next to the cafeteria that I use for this.

Let’s just say lady luck treated me very well this Super Bowl weekend and so I had some cash to deposit. Sadly, the co-op ATM I deposited at barfed right after taking the cash, going to a Windows 10-style “Restaring…” page before entering a continuous reboot loop.

I called the financial institution that owned the ATM, and they could do little for me other than to apologize for the issue. They told me to call Alliant. I did so, and filed a dispute for the cash. They said to expect a provisional credit the next business day.

I will be curious to see how this plays out, and how long it takes to do so, given the multiple financial institutions involved. Apparently lady luck stopped smiling at me sometime between last night and this morning, as I’ve never had an issue depositing cash at an ATM, until today.

An old USBank ATM miscounted my bills. I tried to cancel and it gave me back fewer bills than I tried to deposit. Such a thing is not supposed to happen by design, but it did. Thankfully I was made whole after a few calls, but now I steer away from old-looking ATMs (and USBank).

3 Likes

barfed??

Anyone else unable to log into online banking (web site) this morning?

The app has been working fine all morning. Haven’t tried on a computer today.

Thanks. Web site did load eventually. It was really slow but worked fine. Earlier in the morning, it did not seem to load at all (after login attempt).

Update - Alliant deposited a provisional credit yesterday afternoon. They asked me to conduct a balance inquiry at the ATM, I guess so they could get information about the ATM’s owner. I did that, and they replied, indicating that they will pursue a claim on my behalf against First Tech.

Hopefully that will settle everything and all will be taken care of.

I haven’t been able to get the website all day. Gets stuck loading after the login.

1 Like

Seems like my problem is a browser issue related to my extensions or other security hardening. It works with a clean profile.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. If I use a different browser it loads, but not on my main.

1 Like

Are you all using any adblock software? I have ublock origin installed and I have to whitelist Alliant’s online banking from it or it doesn’t work.

I do have it, it has never been a problem and I did not have to whitelist Alliant. Now it doesn’t work even if I disable uBlock completely.

The logon page works. Clearing cookies would take me to the security question and device registration page, which also seem to work. But after that it gets stuck loading the dashboard.

I’m in the same boat. Interestingly it works on my work machine, but not on my personal machine. I use Firefox on both.

I haven’t gone through all the extensions yet, but I suspect one of them (uBlock origin, Privacy Badger, etc) is the cause.

ETA (Shin style): Disabling uBlock Origin did the trick.

1 Like

Yeah, disabling uBlock did the trick. Never had a problem with it in years prior.

Disabling the extension entirely or white-listing alliant? I tried both and it didn’t work. Getting stuck on https://www.alliantcreditunion.com/onlinebanking/callback