Amex Offers Thread

I’ve only downgraded once, after hearing your story of the downgrade and bonus to upgrade. I downgraged in July, and am still awaiting any offer to upgrade. I plan on doing it again if they will ever offer me an upgrade bonus. :smile:

I downgraded my BCP because I already maxed out the $360 cap, so might as well get the partial annual fee back. Now I have two BCEs waiting for upgrade bonus.

2 Likes

So you’ve done this several times?

If I remember correctly, I have upgraded only once and downgraded twice.

Card #1: BCE signup bonus -> BCP upgrade bonus -> BCE
Card #2: BCP signup bonus -> BCE

2 Likes

Buried in the latest BCE -> BCP offer I received to earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases

Annual Membership Fee: When you upgrade, your new Card will have a promotional annual fee of $0 for one year.

Previously, in my experience, they always charge the annual fee immediately, this is makes it a no-brainer to upgrade.
This seems new also, but no reason not keep for the full year if there is no annual fee.

if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit $150 statement credit to, we may freeze $150 credit credited to, or we may take away $150 statement credit from your account.

2 Likes

Email, postal mail, or in your Amex account?

In my online account under Amex Offers. For reference, I have two BCEs, but only shows on one of the accounts.

2 Likes

I guess I now have a reason to log into by amex acct. There offers have become so irrelevant for me that I rarely look. Thanks for the heads up.

The hotel offers are pretty strong, especially since they stack on top of whatever low rate you have. But Covid…

1 Like

I think i will have 6 or 7 Hilton night certificates (good on weekdays now too). Where to use?

I think a couple might expire midyear 2021, which is a little early.

They did announce extending them. I try to hold out for NY London or Tokyo on those, but I’m not above a staycation at a lowish redemption value rather than losing the cert.

For card #2, I just got the upgrade offer – same as loper’s.

3 Likes

New dining offers on my Hilton cards, $5 and $20 back/month for the rest of 2021 on Honors and Aspire cards respectively.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s their 2021 covid concession. All/most Amex cards.

Honors, Aspire, Delta Platinum here. ($20, $5, $10).

Not sure if I’ll find two of the cards by the end of month to use. Also I thought they seemed to be recklessly denying “round” charges. My first charge for the aspire at $20 triggered the first email for using the Amex offer but then no credit showed up…
It just finally did yesterday, after 2 weeks of the charge posting. That’s weird, I haven’t seen that long of a delay in the past.

2 Likes

I have a $25 back for $500 purchases (up to 10x) on my SimplyCash Biz card, that the last 2 credits took nerly two weeks to post as well.

2 Likes

slower posting here too.

1 Like

You don’t have the numbers written down anywhere? I keep all of mine organized in my password manager.

1 Like

You already hit the $6K limit AFTER the downgrade?

They did last year after I downgraded one of my cards.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter what the CSR says. That’s how the system is programmed.

I have 2 cards, which I alternate upgrading/downgrading.

I already hit the 1% rate before I downgraded, so I already reached the $6K limit with Preferred. After the downgraded, I earned 3%.

However, 3% grocery is not that interesting, since there are other cards with the same or higher rate.

1 Like