Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

DCU, in Massachusetts, continues despite everything to pay 6.17% APY on the first $1000 of your savings account money. This is a liquid account. You must deposit at least $5 to start things off. Here is a link to the deal:

Link to DCU 6.17% liquid money deal

Q: Shin, are you in?

Contrary to popular belief, I’m not crazy so . . . yes you idiot of course I’m in and have been for a number of years!!!

Who am I to turn down free money. :grinning:

SFGI and Brio are still higher for liquid at 2.27% and 2.20% respectively:

http://www.sfgidirect.com/Default.aspx

1 Like

No, it doesn’t say. Here’s the email:

Alliant Credit Union160x23

you're the first to know, a new online banking is coming this year600x236

You asked, and we listened.

Alliant’s new online banking will have some terrific enhancements to make managing your money even easier.

checkbox18x18 Use online banking on all your devices

checkbox18x18 Access account information quickly with a more intuitive dashboard

checkbox18x18 Pay multiple bills at once and more easily make transfers

checkbox18x18 Move money whenever, wherever

All you will need to do is log in like you usually do!

We’ll let you know when the changes are live. And if you have questions after you see the new Alliant online banking in action, we’ll have a complete help section and FAQs available in the platform to guide you.

Thanks for posting! Sounds very interesting…hopefully, i will get the e-mail soon also…I was starting to think they were never going to do it…

I know!! I remember they told you this year but I just assumed also that they hadn’t gotten it done but looks like they’re going to squeak it in with weeks or maybe just days to spare.

You’ll know when their website looks decent on your phone, but like crap in looks and performance on your pc. :smirk:

ETA – Shinobi may be in the first wave of using the new site …https://www.fragiledeal.com/t/alliant-credit-union/484/715?u=honkinggoose

1 Like

They are doing maintainance today…you can get in but at times certain things aren’t working too good…maybe they are preparing for the BIG SWITCH (lol) :wink:

I sent Alliant CU a secure e-mail in the online banking…They told me that that e-mail is being sent out in batches, so i should be receiving it soon…
In terms of when the new online banking will be released… she said in December…so just a few weeks away! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“this year” = December
“in December” likely means Dec. 31st

1 Like

LOL…knowing them, you are probably right…

1 Like

FNBO Direct Online Savings dropped to 1.80% APY

If you signed up at northpointe for their 2.55% savings account a while back (not to be confused with the 2.50% mma that could be locked in for a year) they recently dropped the rate by 1/2 a percent without any sort of notification. Now they of course have the right to change it but you’d think they could send out a heads up email. They appear to have paid out october as normal so it was a recent change.

2 Likes

CFG Bank High Yield Money Market

Online CFG High Yield Money Market $1,000 $1,000.00 - $24,999.99 May Add Deposits at Anytime, No Check Writing Privileges, New Funds Only 2.13% 2.15%
Online CFG High Yield Money Market $1,000 $25,000.00+ May Add Deposits at Anytime, No Check Writing Privileges, New Funds Only 2.27% 2.30%
1 Like

The All America family of accounts (Redneck, Evantage, etc) is already stating that their MMA accounts will drop to 1.75% on Dec 21st. Rewards checking rate is also dropping to 2.25%.

This surprises me some, I thought their 2%/2.5% rates would stick for longer than this.

The liquid rate guarantee Customer’s Bank is offering through June 2020 at 2.25% is looking better and better each passing day…

I just updated and reordered the wiki with current rates for all the savings and money market accounts that were already in the wiki. I did not add any other recently mentioned accounts. Feel free to do so, or I’ll do it when I get a chance.

9 Likes

I got a chance.

Updated: Capital One 360 MMA -> Performance Savings.
Added: Elements Financial Helium Savings, First Foundation Bank OSA, BrioDirect.

I’m excluding CFG Bank MMA because it says “new funds only”. Sounds like existing accounts don’t get bumped, which is BS that nobody should have to tolerate, especially since it’s trivial to make anything “new money”.

I only looked at the last few months of posts. Let me know if I missed anything.

2 Likes

You could look at in comparison to:

Yea, we could just replace our wiki with links to other sites and let them do the hard work?

Ally Online Savings dropping to 1.60% APY effective 12/20/19

1 Like