Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

I sent Alliant CU a secure e-mail in the online banking…They told me that that e-mail is being sent out in batches, so i should be receiving it soon…
In terms of when the new online banking will be released… she said in December…so just a few weeks away! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

“this year” = December
“in December” likely means Dec. 31st

1 Like

LOL…knowing them, you are probably right…

1 Like

FNBO Direct Online Savings dropped to 1.80% APY

If you signed up at northpointe for their 2.55% savings account a while back (not to be confused with the 2.50% mma that could be locked in for a year) they recently dropped the rate by 1/2 a percent without any sort of notification. Now they of course have the right to change it but you’d think they could send out a heads up email. They appear to have paid out october as normal so it was a recent change.

2 Likes

CFG Bank High Yield Money Market

Online CFG High Yield Money Market $1,000 $1,000.00 - $24,999.99 May Add Deposits at Anytime, No Check Writing Privileges, New Funds Only 2.13% 2.15%
Online CFG High Yield Money Market $1,000 $25,000.00+ May Add Deposits at Anytime, No Check Writing Privileges, New Funds Only 2.27% 2.30%
1 Like

The All America family of accounts (Redneck, Evantage, etc) is already stating that their MMA accounts will drop to 1.75% on Dec 21st. Rewards checking rate is also dropping to 2.25%.

This surprises me some, I thought their 2%/2.5% rates would stick for longer than this.

The liquid rate guarantee Customer’s Bank is offering through June 2020 at 2.25% is looking better and better each passing day…

I just updated and reordered the wiki with current rates for all the savings and money market accounts that were already in the wiki. I did not add any other recently mentioned accounts. Feel free to do so, or I’ll do it when I get a chance.

9 Likes

I got a chance.

Updated: Capital One 360 MMA -> Performance Savings.
Added: Elements Financial Helium Savings, First Foundation Bank OSA, BrioDirect.

I’m excluding CFG Bank MMA because it says “new funds only”. Sounds like existing accounts don’t get bumped, which is BS that nobody should have to tolerate, especially since it’s trivial to make anything “new money”.

I only looked at the last few months of posts. Let me know if I missed anything.

2 Likes

You could look at in comparison to:

Yea, we could just replace our wiki with links to other sites and let them do the hard work?

Ally Online Savings dropping to 1.60% APY effective 12/20/19

1 Like

Ken today featuring an attractive new liquid funds deal available to all:

Link to Ken’s new liquid money deal

ETA

I was wrong. This is not a good deal. You have to open the account in person in a branch. Hence the deal is, effectively, not available to all.

Must open certificate in branch. Great for anyone who has a branch near them!

2 Likes

Yeah, I apologize. I posted without reading more than “easy membership”.

If you have to open in branch, and you do, that is not easy membership.

Shinobi, because I live in CA, I decided to fill out the online application.

Lo & behold there is a UNIFY FCU right here in my hometown. I didn’t realize it until I had the app filled out & started to find out some of their locations. Tomorrow I’m going to go over to check this offer out at the local location.

No-Penalty 19-Mo CD 2.25% with add-on features. Kind of looks like a pretty good deal. :blush:

1 Like

Happy this worked out for you, pattyb53. Good for you!

But I live perhaps 3000 miles away from that branch. So this is not a helpful deal for me . . . or for many other participants here . . . because of the requirement one must apply in person.

Wish that I could participate. All of the branches that I had hoped to visit are either limited access (at a Northrup / Toyota / etc) plant, or require too many miles over unlimited access roadways. I could have really used the unlimited add-ons feature, although the rate is nothing to whinny about.

FNBO Direct Online Savings Account dropped to 1.75% APY

1 Like