Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

That doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Grrrr … It made sense in my head. Why yes, Senator, I would like to restate my remarks … When the fed raises rates, I wonder if they will send an email titled “Why your savings rate is not changing?”

Liquid money fans might find this illuminating; it relates to interest rates going forward:

President Trump and Secretary Mnuchin met earlier today with Fed Chair Powell in the White House residence, not in the Oval Office. They discussed a wide ranging set of topics, including “negative interest”.

I dunno about you, but I would be happier had that subject not even come up! There is a full exposition of the meeting in the following ZeroHedge article:

Trump Says Discussed “Negative Rates” In Unscheduled Monday Meeting With Chair Powell

Look, I’m not a Trump supporter or fan, but I do venomously oppose much of the criticisms of him and attacks on him.

Yet I ask this in near disbelief - You’re actually basing your reaction on a Tweet from Trump??? I know that was one of his more professional social media postings, but still… Really?

There are literally hundreds of possible contexts for “negative interest” to have been part of this little meeting, 99% of which would have zero effect on what your savings account earns over the next few years.

Trump has been pushing for negative interests rates since BEFORE he was president, not least because he could refinance several of his business loans at a better rate.

These are all from back in september:

More here: trump negative interest at DuckDuckGo

2 Likes

I actually happen to be a Trump supporter. But my post was not about that, and I realize it could be viewed as criticism of Trump.

Honestly, I was only wanting to raise awareness of the recent meeting and of what happened. I agree there is not enough information in the article to know what was discussed regarding negative rates. But for me, as one who cares a lot about interest rates, just the discussion itself of this topic is a concern.

In my opinion, for liquid account holders, negative interest rates would be a very bad outcome.

2 Likes

Interest rates went to 0% during the great recession. Economy was clearly bad, stocks were tanking, etc…

Are we in that bad a shape now that there’d be any ground for going into negative territory? Outside of manufacturing which has clearly slowed down, last quarter real GDP was still near 2% growth so what’s the rush about going to negative interest rates?

He wants to refinance all his debt before he goes to jail.

2 Likes

He wants to keep unemployment to a minimum prior to next year’s elections. It’s a political, not an economic move.
I think we can agree that unemployment sux, but arbitrarily implementing lower and lower interest rates for the sake of historically low unemployment figures makes no economic sense.

2 Likes

The Shinobi ninja got you guys again! Take all of your political comments to the Trump thread

1 Like

Where is @craig10x??? Just got an email from Alliant re New online banking coming this year. They really did wait until the very end of the year, LOL

1 Like

Really? Didn’t get the e-mail yet…Do they mention when?

Virtual Bank’s eMoney Market account is offering an APY of 2.01%:

Link to Virtual Bank deal

You need $100 to " git ‘er goin’ ", and you must keep $100 on deposit at all times. If your balance falls below that you will encounter a monthly fee.

DCU, in Massachusetts, continues despite everything to pay 6.17% APY on the first $1000 of your savings account money. This is a liquid account. You must deposit at least $5 to start things off. Here is a link to the deal:

Link to DCU 6.17% liquid money deal

Q: Shin, are you in?

Contrary to popular belief, I’m not crazy so . . . yes you idiot of course I’m in and have been for a number of years!!!

Who am I to turn down free money. :grinning:

SFGI and Brio are still higher for liquid at 2.27% and 2.20% respectively:

http://www.sfgidirect.com/Default.aspx

1 Like

No, it doesn’t say. Here’s the email:

Alliant Credit Union160x23

you're the first to know, a new online banking is coming this year600x236

You asked, and we listened.

Alliant’s new online banking will have some terrific enhancements to make managing your money even easier.

checkbox18x18 Use online banking on all your devices

checkbox18x18 Access account information quickly with a more intuitive dashboard

checkbox18x18 Pay multiple bills at once and more easily make transfers

checkbox18x18 Move money whenever, wherever

All you will need to do is log in like you usually do!

We’ll let you know when the changes are live. And if you have questions after you see the new Alliant online banking in action, we’ll have a complete help section and FAQs available in the platform to guide you.

Thanks for posting! Sounds very interesting…hopefully, i will get the e-mail soon also…I was starting to think they were never going to do it…

I know!! I remember they told you this year but I just assumed also that they hadn’t gotten it done but looks like they’re going to squeak it in with weeks or maybe just days to spare.

You’ll know when their website looks decent on your phone, but like crap in looks and performance on your pc. :smirk:

ETA – Shinobi may be in the first wave of using the new site …https://www.fragiledeal.com/t/alliant-credit-union/484/715?u=honkinggoose

1 Like

They are doing maintainance today…you can get in but at times certain things aren’t working too good…maybe they are preparing for the BIG SWITCH (lol) :wink: