Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Cookies probably. Try clearing cookies (or another browser, another profile, private mode, another device) and see if it triggers 2FA.

1 Like

Wondering if anybody here has opened an account with Fifth Third Bank? If so, did you have a positive experience?
I’m considering opening a checking account with them for the apparently easy bonus.
–TIA

I’ve opened 3 (self, wife, joint). All were opened at the same time. Two of the three bonuses were accurate and timely. The third required a phone call, and a one day wait for the amount to be corrected. I actually like them, although I’m not currently actively using them. If Discover flops in some way, I’ll start using Fifth Third. They call about once a quarter to, I suspect, try to sell me something. They’re polite and take the first no without being pushy.

So, from my experience, go for it. Just take pictures of the bonus offer in case they have a lapse. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks so much, Honkinggoose.

I tried but out of their area. I have read good things about it.

2 Likes

I signed up for a new High-Yield Money Market account. New members only. 1.01% APY on balances up to $100k, guaranteed for 12 months.

AdelFi offers Rate-Leading Promotional Money Market for new members. The listing is showing at Ken’s site.

Looks good to me! Easy online membership.

I applied 3/11 and approved today 3/15. Have account number now and should receive small bank deposits tomorrow.

Just another holding place for liquid $$’s until %rates improve. Guaranteed 12 months…

1 Like

@pattyb53 did you have to prove religious affiliation as part of the application process?

No proof, in fact no real interest in religion.

Be careful. According to Ken’s writeup:

The promotion page makes it sound like the rate and cap have a 12-month guarantee, but that is not the case. I confirmed this with an AdelFi official.

Caveat Emptor

3 Likes

Thanks slappycakes for posting the AdelFi links.

Wish I was more competent on this machine. Yes I could take classes but who has the time? So I’m muddling along and manage.

Actually I think this is a pretty decent deal for today’s market. Liquid accounts that pay 1% with a year’s guarantee are not available often.

The footnotes on the promo page support this - it turns into a pumpkin for sure after 12 months, but it could happen sooner. And the $100k cap could also change.

That said, at 1% I think it would take a massive change in FED rate expectations for them to drop the rate prematurely. As you say, buyer beware - it’s not an account you can make a deposit then ignore it for a year.

1 Like

allow any card funding?

Thanks glitch. I appreciate your comments.

Seems like a person has to read into everything that is posted. Dive down deeply and I’m sure you can find a possible way to get caught.

Sure enough, I’m going to watch this account a little closer than usual. I’m still happy with this 1% HYMM liquid account. (likely good for 12 months). :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you can use a card for funding.

I used my TIAA Bank savings. The small deposits were in TIAA this morning. I posted immediately in AdelFi and probably will see the money in my online account tomorrow.

Now that the lift-off in the Feds fund rate has occurred, any guess which major online savings account rate will be the first to adjust?

Ally, Alliant, Marcus, or … ?

I dont know that liquid rates will be affected much by this first increase, they arent going to go up point-for-point. But now that they (The Fed) have actually taken the first step, I expect a bunch of short- and mid-term CD promos to try to lock in customer money before rates continue to increase.

3 Likes

I’m feeling good today. My AdelFi online account is opened and account is funded.

I can see my HYMM account online. First deposit shows up and Details & Settings are clear.
Interest Rate 1.01%.

As expected, everything @craig10x stated is correct. So far, Sofi banking is looking pretty good.

That was a favorite saying of my maternal grandmother … when she was in her mid-eighties. :smile:

I’m curious as to why you went with this instead of the 1.15 rate that @shinbone posted earlier. I’m not trying to find fault, but think I may have missed something in your reasoning.

For less than a quarter-point difference, I can understand sticking with simple (especially knowing Patty’s persona). That CD is rather complex, and not really anything any of us are familiar with.

2 Likes