Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Thanks for the extra detail! Any minimum on DD amount? I assume they expect it monthly too.

Yep…Sofi expects it monthly…the amount on the direct deposit can be any amount according to their faqs that i read…but it does have to be a real direct deposit…i tried an ach push in but it didn’t work…

The nice part is when you do the upgrade, they give you a complimentary 30 days on the 1% apy to give you a chance to move your direct deposit over…

Without the direct deposit…the yield would be the old .25% apy…

1 Like

Craig, isn’t the dd for the 4% checking max $3000? Otherwise 1% on the checking/savings accounts without dd.

Hopefully I’m correct. Someone mentioned that they only go for the 1% and forget about $3k 4% + did.

To get the 4% apy on the first $3,000 in the T-Mobile Money account requires that you have to be a T-Mobile phone customer and also do i think like 10 debit card purchases each month to get it…

That’s why most people mention about forgetting about the 3k 4% and just get 1% on all balances which is what everyone gets without doing anything…

T-Mobile Money has no direct deposit requirements…

2 Likes

Ken this morning featuring an NPCD yielding 0.70% APY. This account is, of course, FDIC insured. Ken does not mention a cap. There is the customary 7 day hold and you need $500 to play:

Link to Ken’s NPCD deal

Natch after seven days your funds become liquid. Ken does suggest you have a checking account to facilitate smooth withdrawals.

1 Like

NPCD is not a common acronym. No Penalty Certificate of Deposit

3 Likes

Anyone get Citi email that they signed up for paperless? Worried that my citi account was hacked. It’s one of the few that doesn’t do dual authentication too:)

https://online.citi.com/US/ag/paperless/

Don’t click on any links in the email if you can’t be sure it’s legit. Login to your account (without clicking on any links in the email) and double check. It could have been a glitch, but consider changing your password just in case.

2 Likes

I’m wondering about this… I also have Citibank but I didn’t get any such email. Looks legitimate, but a little strange.

When you opened up email and these 2 kids playing in the sprinkler water. Right away it’s asking for your I’d and password.

Could be you got spammed. :frowning:

changed pwd just in case. Funny thing is they always send me a txt for Citi Virtual CC use but not deposit acct?

1 Like

It’s the second least you can do. :smile:

Cookies probably. Try clearing cookies (or another browser, another profile, private mode, another device) and see if it triggers 2FA.

1 Like

Wondering if anybody here has opened an account with Fifth Third Bank? If so, did you have a positive experience?
I’m considering opening a checking account with them for the apparently easy bonus.
–TIA

I’ve opened 3 (self, wife, joint). All were opened at the same time. Two of the three bonuses were accurate and timely. The third required a phone call, and a one day wait for the amount to be corrected. I actually like them, although I’m not currently actively using them. If Discover flops in some way, I’ll start using Fifth Third. They call about once a quarter to, I suspect, try to sell me something. They’re polite and take the first no without being pushy.

So, from my experience, go for it. Just take pictures of the bonus offer in case they have a lapse. :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks so much, Honkinggoose.

I tried but out of their area. I have read good things about it.

2 Likes

I signed up for a new High-Yield Money Market account. New members only. 1.01% APY on balances up to $100k, guaranteed for 12 months.

AdelFi offers Rate-Leading Promotional Money Market for new members. The listing is showing at Ken’s site.

Looks good to me! Easy online membership.

I applied 3/11 and approved today 3/15. Have account number now and should receive small bank deposits tomorrow.

Just another holding place for liquid $$’s until %rates improve. Guaranteed 12 months…

1 Like

@pattyb53 did you have to prove religious affiliation as part of the application process?

No proof, in fact no real interest in religion.

Be careful. According to Ken’s writeup:

The promotion page makes it sound like the rate and cap have a 12-month guarantee, but that is not the case. I confirmed this with an AdelFi official.

Caveat Emptor

3 Likes