Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Thanks slappycakes for posting the AdelFi links.

Wish I was more competent on this machine. Yes I could take classes but who has the time? So I’m muddling along and manage.

Actually I think this is a pretty decent deal for today’s market. Liquid accounts that pay 1% with a year’s guarantee are not available often.

The footnotes on the promo page support this - it turns into a pumpkin for sure after 12 months, but it could happen sooner. And the $100k cap could also change.

That said, at 1% I think it would take a massive change in FED rate expectations for them to drop the rate prematurely. As you say, buyer beware - it’s not an account you can make a deposit then ignore it for a year.

1 Like

allow any card funding?

Thanks glitch. I appreciate your comments.

Seems like a person has to read into everything that is posted. Dive down deeply and I’m sure you can find a possible way to get caught.

Sure enough, I’m going to watch this account a little closer than usual. I’m still happy with this 1% HYMM liquid account. (likely good for 12 months). :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if you can use a card for funding.

I used my TIAA Bank savings. The small deposits were in TIAA this morning. I posted immediately in AdelFi and probably will see the money in my online account tomorrow.

Now that the lift-off in the Feds fund rate has occurred, any guess which major online savings account rate will be the first to adjust?

Ally, Alliant, Marcus, or … ?

I dont know that liquid rates will be affected much by this first increase, they arent going to go up point-for-point. But now that they (The Fed) have actually taken the first step, I expect a bunch of short- and mid-term CD promos to try to lock in customer money before rates continue to increase.

3 Likes

I’m feeling good today. My AdelFi online account is opened and account is funded.

I can see my HYMM account online. First deposit shows up and Details & Settings are clear.
Interest Rate 1.01%.

As expected, everything @craig10x stated is correct. So far, Sofi banking is looking pretty good.

That was a favorite saying of my maternal grandmother … when she was in her mid-eighties. :smile:

I’m curious as to why you went with this instead of the 1.15 rate that @shinbone posted earlier. I’m not trying to find fault, but think I may have missed something in your reasoning.

For less than a quarter-point difference, I can understand sticking with simple (especially knowing Patty’s persona). That CD is rather complex, and not really anything any of us are familiar with.

2 Likes

Not hard to understand. Shinobi was interested in a CD (maybe), I liked this one because its liquid funds. Possibly/probably %rate good for 12 months. :blush:

Actually the two offers are close, money wise. Both involved opening new accounts. Yes, I liked mine better., I can transfer any amount of $$’s anytime, whereas the other limits transfers to only one. (other catches involved)

To each his own!

2 Likes

For the record, I agree with pattyb53 on this.

For a liquid account where there will be a lot of ins and outs, a standard MM account is better, even at a slightly lower rate of interest.

I personally happen to have need for a liquid money account where there are not many ins and outs at all. For that Smart Move works well for me.

I also think Smart Move is worthy of consideration as a place to hold core CD funds in this time of rising rates. This because there is a bump, and because Smart Move will allow you to get your dough out nearly penalty free in future should CD rates rise.

2 Likes

Just received a notice today that CIBC has raised rates to 0.57%, up from 0.52%, effective immediately.

There may be hope for Alliant just yet.

3 Likes

Redneck bank just raised the rate to .55%

3 Likes

Synchrony Bank is now up to .60. No limits or hoops.

2 Likes

DD requirement remains for the best rate with Sofi.

They are now 1.25% with NO limit (max).

2 Likes

Yup - they are king right now. 1.25%, no max, no stupid debit card requirements, just need a direct deposit of any amount.

I already have an account and am going to be transferring liquid savings over there. That’s a significant hike over their competitors.

2 Likes

Dang. I just closed my Sofi account a few weeks ago.

any referral credits? Large enough for me to jump from Ally, GS . Unless hikes are imminent there

1 Like