Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

If it’s available to you, looks like a great account but it’s not nationally available unfortunately.

Sometime the rate listed for an account doesn’t update until a statement cycles.

1 Like

Are you talking about the zip code pop up thing? I believe that is not working correctly. It said my zip (and any zip I knew in any state) was not allowed. Then I just filled out the application and it worked fine.

Give them a call if you really want the account. I’m sure you will be fine.

1 Like

Barclays: 1.80%

4 Likes

NASB has closed it’s 2.53% account to new accounts.

1 Like

Yes, NASB nice rate is gone. I’m another prospect that found out first thing this morning.

So I’m still hanging on with BASK Bank savings account which is still pretty much #1. Keeping a goodly amount of funds in a liquid savings 2+% is necessary in today’s changing market. IMO.

I’m happy to stand by watching and waiting for 4+%
CD’s or even liquid accounts to hit 3+%.

Remembering those days when we were seeing 6%, 7%, and even 9% money rates. :blush:

3 Likes

That is OK, pattyb53. I, too, remember those high interest rate days of yore.

But please bear in mind that back then our nation’s debt was miniscule compared with what it is today. Interest rates such as those you mention would drive us much, much faster today into greater depths of the bankruptcy we already are confronting. This is because our debt is now so huge and the debt service on such behemoth debt would be “ginormous” at those higher interest rates.

1 Like

But…higher interest rates make treasuries more attractive to investors, meaning we can sell more bonds to fund the increased debt servicing costs.

1 Like

And consequently, short of common sense and responsibility entering congress, higher interest rates further increase debt servicing costs, and for the short term, increase the value of the USD.

Recent updates:

Valley Direct Savings was 2.10% now 2.20%
Liberty Savings Bank Savings was 1.85% now 2.50%
Quontic Savings was 1.85% now 2.05%
All America Bank Checking was 1.75% now 2.25%
Redneck Bank Checking was 1.75% now 2.25%
Barclays Savings was 1.65% now 1.80%
Synchrony Savings was 1.65% now 1.80%
Discover AAII Savings was 1.65% now 1.75%
Discover Savings was 1.60% now 1.70%
Rising Bank Savings was 1.60% now 2.10%
Popular Direct Savings was 1.55% now 1.75%
SFGI Direct Savings was 1.51% now 1.81%
American Express Savings was 1.50% now 1.65%

10 Likes

CFG at 2.55% is back

**Online account openings have resumed. Please note, you may experience a delay in the processing of your account application, but we will work to process your application as quickly as possible. Rates are subject to change.

1 Like

Only Northern Bank Direct Premier MM gets 1.50% interest rate. The old Northern Bank Direct MM still gets 0.45%. I have to message the bank to convert my existing MM to this new Premier MM to get the new interest rate.

2 Likes

Ally Bank OSA now up to 1.85% APY.

2 Likes

That’s pretty lame.

2 Likes

Ally Bank Savings was 1.75% now 1.85%
Sallie Mae MM was 1.75% now 1.85%
Capital One 360 Savings was 1.70% now 1.75%
FNBO Savings was 1.41% now 1.65%
CIT Bank MM was 1.30% now 1.40%
CIT Bank Savings Builder was 0.80% now 0.85%

8 Likes

I dont know if we’re specifically excluding such accounts, but Redneck/All American bank also bumped their rewards checking rate all the way up to 2.6%. Sure, it has the 10 debit card purchase requirement, but still…

2 Likes

We’ve discussed reward checking accounts in the past but they’re becoming less and less attractive as rates go up. I believe Redneck/All America has a max limit of 10k that they will pay the advertised rate on. I’ve been using ETFCU which is 3.3% on up to 20k so still a small incentive to do it. No incentive really on the Redneck/All America accounts as you can get 2.60% with no debit card transaction requirement at Total Bank or 2.55% with no debit card transaction requirement at CFG Bank. There is no limit to the amount they will pay the rate on like 10k or 20k on the rewards checking accounts mentioned.

1 Like

True. I have already withdrawn most of my money from Elements (@ 2%).

1 Like

CIT Savings Connect is at 2.10%, and according to DoC:

(Update 8/29/22: Reader Emporio tells us that the CIT Bank deal is tracking the Swagbucks when signing up for the high yield savings account. No need to sign up for the money market account to get the $67-$89 profit, can sign up for the useful high yield savings account instead.)

4 Likes

American Express Savings was 1.65% now 1.75%

5 Likes