Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Reward Checking accounts have been mentioned in this thread, including using Amazon gift card balance reloads to meet the monthly requirements.

Has anyone else been having issues with Amazon GC transactions since the start of the new year? I cant tell if it’s an Amazon thing, or new fraud prevention from the card issuer side of the equation, or Amazon messing with me specifically. After a couple transactions with one card, things slow down with verification codes from the card issuer and apparent failed attempts (although selecting the same card as a “different” card then goes through). It’s been a pain in the ass.

E*Trade Premium Savings was 3.25% now 3.50% APY

5 Likes

I have a couple reward checking accounts and only one of them routinely trips fraud protection if I buy too many GCs in a row. If I forget and leave my VPN on it will cause issues too.

2 Likes

4-week T-Bill 4.170% → 4.446% APR (4.538% APY)

This is from Thursday, as auction results are announced every Thursday. I was AFK.

Edited to fix typo in APR (4.460 should be 4.446).

4 Likes

Marcus has a $100 bonus for $10000 deposit offer. Need to hold for 90 days.

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/osa-savingsbonus?prd=os&chl=em&schl=emd&cid=Learn_More

7 Likes

4-week T-Bill 4.446% → 4.558% APR (4.655% APY)

And:

4 Likes

This sounds like a good deal. Has or is anyone doing this? I suppose the $100 is not credited until after the 90 days, which looks like 100 days (because it says 90 days after 10 day funding period).

Amex Savings is at 3.30% with no minimum, no maximum on withdrawals, no limit on withdrawals. Alas, no bonus offer at this time although there was one recently.

You can keep it closer to 90 days than 100 days by funding it near the end of the 10-day funding period. For example, you can sign up this 1/22 Sun, but fund it only on 1/30 Mon. Then keep the money there for 90 days (start counting from 2/1).

3 Likes

Thanks. Does Marcus have a savings account withdrawal limit?

You mean the 6-withdrawal per month limit? No, they removed it.

1 Like

You are correct & I missed that as I assumed it was the same as the 1-2022 offer but I was wrong

RE:"…maintain at least $10,000 of those new funds, plus your existing balance as of 12 am ET on the day you enrolled, in your account for 90 consecutive days after the 10-day Funding Period. Enroll by 2/15/23."

I have this from the 1-2022 offer
Must deposit within 10 calendar days of enrollment, and maintain at least $10,000 of those newfunds, plus your existing balance as of 12 am ET on the day you enrolled, in your account for 90funds, 90consecutive days. Enroll by 2/16/22.

1 Like

The Marcus offer is very clear on what you need to do :laughing:

3 Likes

Vio Cornerstone MM was 4.01% now 4.17%
Brilliant Bank Savings was 4.01% now 4.30%

3 Likes

re: Marcus… The 3.3 % they pay now and you get the 100.00 for 90 days. To me the 100.00/90-day thing is 33.00 per month which equals 4% PLUS the 3.3 % for the 90 days =7.3%. ? Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Yes, 7.3% is in the ballpark for the $10k for 90 days at Marcus.

2 Likes

so with Fido they’re like Core. the return 4+% is awesome for liquid. surprised it’s not making the news more. Is it b/c there is SOME risk? or maybe expense of .3%?

Did you read the article :smile:?

The only real risk I can think of is that the yield is not guaranteed and changes all the time, so you just have to keep an eye on it. In theory it should stay close to the short-term treasury yields, and those don’t move too quickly.

3 Likes

TLDR, but will do! .3% seems fair, esp when it was yield was .01 not too long ago.
I guess I can watch the Fed rate news too.

But again great use of cash position in brokerage accts. and rates would be in tandem with savings if they drop too

very cool. I wish other banks did this tracker. USbank does for CC’s

New rate leader:

Republic Bank MM was 4.28% now 4.37%

5 Likes