Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Yes spouse, 2 accounts & my son open 1 also.

I presume you opened/funded one earlier than another, or removed some cash from one before another. If they were both approved, opened and funded on the exact same days and in the exact same ways, I think you’ve got a bone to pick with Citi.

Yes maybe, but to much trouble for $1.31.

My motto…Don’t rock the boat, or take the $700 & run. :relaxed:

When all is said & done & I pay my income tax. Wonder what I made off the whole deal?

2 Likes

SFGI: 0.56%
Discover: 0.45%
Barclays: 0.40%

3 Likes

I have a few CDs maturing this and next month, thinking of doing the Citi deal. Patty, do you have any pointers that I should take be careful of to make this deal a smooth process? Thank you!

It’s been a while.

Open the account & deposit the funds. You will need both the bonus account + a checking account. (use free checking)
I used my Alliant CU to ACH transfer $50,010. Reason is $50k for bonus & I put $10 in savings acct.

Be sure to wait for full time + a little extra before you think of closing. Citi will deposit the $700 bonus without any headache. Good luck…

3 Likes

sorry, it’s checking not savings. I used checking, maybe savings works also. But you’ll need 2 accts.

Thanks, Patty!
There isnt any good CD rate to park my rainy funds right now so maybe Citi is a good way to go. Will decide when the the CDs mature.
Thanks again!

In my Citi DoubleCash account, I see the Citi offer with up to $1500 bonus ($200K deposit), along with 25% higher credit card rebate (2.5% instead of 2%) for a year.

1 Like

citi generic link $1500 bonus?

I’m only seeing

Earn 2.5%

Total cash back for 12 months

DOUBLE CASH CREDIT CARD BOOST

1.5% cash back on purchases
1.0% cash back as you pay for purchases
as long as your checking account remains open

plus symbol

Earn 0.50%superscript1

Annual Percentage Yield as of Wed Feb 03 2021 on

CITI® ACCELERATE SAVINGSSUPERSCRIPT2

when you open both a savings and

CHECKING

as part of the Citi Priority Package

[See Offer Terms & Conditions Below](javascript:void(0):wink:

DISCOVER THE BENEFITS AND RECOGNITION THAT CITI PRIORITY CLIENTS ENJOY.

24/7 access to Citi Priority customer service representative

Fee-Free access to cash at over 65,000 ATMs across the U.S.superscript3

Maintain a $50,000 combined average monthly balance across your checking, savings and retirement accounts to waive your $30.00 Monthly Service Fee.

*You must apply directly from this page to get this offer. Citi rates and promotional offers may vary by state.

Not Interested?

Apply Now

PERSONAL INFORMATION

EMPLOYMENT & INCOME

DEBIT PIN & SECURITY

AGREEMENT & DISCLOSURES

TRANSFER FUNDS

<

Scroll for information and disclosures

Secure Application

Terms and Conditions

Citi Priority Package Offer
(Targeted Only)

1 Like

I’m not aware of any generic link for that offer. I clicked on the offer in my account but did not proceed to the application. Now I don’t see it anymore.

1 Like

yes I love these large bonus offers given our “high yield” .5% environment :frowning:

Citibank Priority Acct $1500 bonus, but big hang up is keeping $200k for the time period.

I like the $700 bonus & keep $50k locked in for time.
My problem is I must wait 180 days, before I can go for it again.

1 Like

In terms of the bonus/deposit ratio, $1500/$200K is the worst ratio of the 4 tiers. However, unless you can use the $200K to open four $50K accounts, it still gives you the highest bonus in dollars.

The offer link in my DoubleCash account is still gone. Too bad. I don’t really care about the 2.5% rebate part because I have the BofA card, but it would be nice to have as a backup.

Yes, my thoughts also… I managed to milk it as best as I could the first time. I opened 3 accts. My spouse, son & myself. I still see the offer listed on my Double Cash page.

1 Like

The “Plus” package from M1 Finance is offering a 1% APY checking account:

Caveats:
o There is a $125 annual fee for the “Plus” package but there is currently a one-year free trial.
o It has FDIC insurance, but as with all Fintechs, I would check and understand how the insurance work when coupled with a Fintech.
o It does not appear to require any special activity (e.g. debit card usage, direct deposits, etc.) to get the 1% APY.

2 Likes

After a couple of years, I think I can again open a Chase checking account to get their bonus. I see they require DD. Does anybody know what is the ball-park minimum qualifying DD these days with Chase?
TIA for any info.

You may want to double check the DD. When I did it ~8 months ago, all I needed to do was have 15k on deposit (this was for both bonuses).

1 Like

Click on “Waive fees” link under the account you want

2 Likes

Chase is pretty liberal when it comes to direct deposits…when i had a Chase Total Checking account i found that any ach push in during the month would waive the fee…

4 Likes