Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

You live in America and don’t have USPS service to your address??

What!! Never heard of country living? Nothing wrong with picking up mail at PO.

Usually when filling out application, along with physical address first, followed by mailing address if different. Not the case with HMBradley.

3 Likes

Presidential Bank gives 2.25% on up to 25K, you need a $500/mo DD and 7 electronic withdrawals per month are required (electronic withdrawals include: atm, pos, ach and bill payments). Don’t have to mess with debit cards. https://presidential.com/Personal-Banking/Checking-Savings/Checking#advantage-checking

1 Like

I know people that live in the country but still have a mail box on the road out front of their house…

Looks like the credit card has an annual fee of $60 but you’d more than make up for that with the extra 0.5% paid in interest assuming you have a decent amount of money there.

BTW you do not have to spend any of it . I do not. Only req. is a DD and you get the 3%. Plus i forgot the CC has the annual fee of 60…, but more then makes up for the 3.5% rate. But you need to spend 100/monthly. if i spend 110 monthly in grocery cat, I get back about 40… @ 3% for that cat. But the 1/2 % extra interest more then covers it!!

I put in street address still same error. This might be their way of restricting access?

Email them?

No, I think this one will go on “the back burner”. As shin says, “we have other fish to fry”.

My house is a long way from the road. Beautiful home, but it doesn’t have a mail slot in the door. :relaxed:

2 Likes

My hometown had rural delivery, but most everyone living in town had mail delivered to a PO Box.

There’s a reason virtually every post office has at least one wall full of PO Boxes…

1 Like

Main reason!
Theft of mail in the country as well as the city. I have a friend that lives in town, where all the community mailboxes were robbed.

I would consider relocating - sounds like a high crime area if mail is getting stolen. I’ve never heard of that, other than sometimes porch pirates with packages, but not actual mail - WOW!

It’s actually a pretty big problem here - I’m in an unincorporated area east of Seattle. Our small street got together and got a locked cluster mailbox, but others have these tanks instead.

There are a lot of small, private roads like ours where mailboxes are along the main road rather than in front of our houses, making theft a bigger problem. It’s one of the only crime “problems” we have out here.

2 Likes

We’re in a low crime area, but lots of seniors. Although most have dd, there is still occasionally a few mailboxes that get popped. It used to be that not having public transit was a good security feature. Now, criminals come in groups in vans.

Also, in the go-go 80s, banks were sending pre-approved credit cards with an application. Thus, if you simply filled out the application, you could use the card. Apartments in higher rent zip codes would have the rear (postal use) door pulled open to allow access to all of the boxes. Our mailman explained that they were looking for credit cards. It didn’t seem like a high value proposition to me, but the mailman said that there were lots of cards delivered every month.

2 Likes

I’m in the suburbs of capital city on the east coast. Metro area is small, half a million people. But it’s not unusual for the top story on the local news to be a barn fire. The city itself has crime but not so much in the suburbs. I have never heard of anyone having their mail stolen out of their mailbox. Now packages stolen off of a stoop, I hear about that happening every so often around the holidays(can’t remember if it’s on the national or local news though) but never anything about mail. I get the informed delivery email each morning from the Usps. Everything that’s supposed to be there is there everyday when I get home from work. I also sell trade lines as a side hustle so get a lot of credit cards in the mail. Hard to imagine living somewhere where one has to worry about their mail being stolen right out their box!

2 Likes

I’m now reading where you are located. East coast, Metro area. zzz, you can read right here how several of our poster’s replied to your response to problems. Relocation?

Personally I love where I live, I cope with situations like getting my mail stolen. Friend in town have community mail pickup & delivery of mail. Site got robbed also. They are turning to lock boxes or getting a PO box. We can’t just relocate to a new town.

Robbery, Stealing & computer Spam, everywhere. :woozy_face:

1 Like

A lot of places there is still a stigma specifically against mail tampering. The Post Office cops are viewed a lot like the IRS (or any Fed, actually) in that even common criminals know you avoid attracting their attention, while it’s fine to take your chances with the local cops. Plenty of places it is typical to have your car or home broken into, while the mailbox next to it is left untouched. Other places, that distinction is fading.

3 Likes

HMBradley sent me an e-mail today.
It’s a video about “a new financial future “.
Ready to open your account?
Remember that they turned me down a few days ago.
Jesse, did you get the same email message?

1 Like

no but I might apply under wife too. Maybe try your SO?

Also they wouldn’t ans. why denial but they don’t do hard/soft pull. I wonder if they use cell # verification somehow (have a family acct.)

Please help… :blush:
Last month a couple of you folks helped me get started using my debit card for those small purchases of Amazon gift cards. I would appreciate you posting the Amazon site again. I’m ready to try using those pesty debit cards again.
Thanks in advance.