Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

So correct me if I’m wrong - you get 3% until you hit $100k. Above that you get nothing. And if you withdraw money to get your balance below $100k, you get 0% on the entire balance for a quarter.

HMBradley – APYs

You don’t get any interest for anything above $100k.

Your interest doesn’t change for the current quarter. If you don’t save 20% of your deposits (above your you existing balance at the beginning of the quarter) you don’t get your 3%, and if you don’t save 5% you will get nothing, but that is next quarter. So if you need to pull any real money out you will want to pull most of you money out for the next quarter, then make sure you keep 20% of your deposits, then move back the money for next, next quarter.

I look as something as a liquid CD where if you break it you need to redo the set up without penalty. Seems ideal for emergency funds for me but this account does have its learning curve and oddities.

(For owners of Keesler HIMMA Plus liquid accounts only)

OOPS! They did it again!

Many, many years ago my boss told me I was allowed to make a mistake only one time. But if I made the same mistake twice . . . well . . . don’t look for mercy. But this is Keesler so perhaps we need to be more forgiving.

First, the requisite heading credit acknowledgement:

OOPS!

Now down to business:

Keesler has made the same mistake two months in a row, assigning the wrong rate of interest to my HIMMA Plus interest calculation for April. Perhaps they did the same to you?

Last month it took them a couple of weeks to issue the correction. Wonder how quickly they will get around to it this time.

Did you mean to paste the Alliant link into your Keesler comment? :thinking:

No, that was my error. Have fixed the link. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Much appreciated.

No my interest is good 1.40%.

But My OOPS is that my HIMMA+ is on it’s last days again. My 7 months is ending.5/1. So today I transferred my balance into savings. Monday I’ll ACH transfer those funds out. Hopefully by Friday I will have moved those funds back into Keesler Savings, then call & have the Rep open a new HIMMA+.

If your thinking this just happened a couple months ago. Yes it did, but I opened a second HIMMA+ at that time. Gotta have a spot for these maturing CD’s. Unlucky me, I didn’t take out those 5 yr CD’s, mine where more like 2-3 yr CD’s

DOC mentions a “real direct deposit” is required, but the post is almost a year old. Does anyone have any success in ach transfers or other ideas for qualifying fot ths HMBradley offer without payroll or govt dd? Pm me if u prefer

Personally, I saw the warnings and only do a true employer DD (which is split, most of my pay goes elsewhere).

I made an inquiry today at Keesler FCU.

I closed my HIMMA+ by transferring the balance to the Savings. Shortly I ACH transferred the balance into my Alliant Trust. Monday 5/3, I ACH $25k back into Keesler savings. Same thing Tues 5/4, $25k. So at $25k per day I figured on Mon 5/10 I would have the $100k to open the HIMMA+ 1.40% rate.

I got to thinking (some of you already know), why do I have to wait until I have the full $100k to get the 1.40%? If I had the Rep open the HIMMA+ today with the $25k & draw 1.30%, would the rate change to 1.40% when it reached $100k. So I called & was told “sure open HIMMA+ today @1.30% & when the balance hits $100k the rate will change to 1.40%”.

What a dope! I was thinking about a CD rate that doesn’t change after it’s opened. Anyone else here that thinks like me? :thinking: (probably not)

Be cautious. That is not my understanding of how HIMMA Plus works. Course I could be wrong. But so could just a single Keesler rep.

On their rate page, for HIMMA Plus, Keesler has the words:

Opening Balance

This, to me, indicates your rate is set at the moment the account is opened.

Again, that might be wrong. But I would be cautious to take the word of just a single rep.

Third option - they consider all deposits within the first “X” days to be part of the opening deposit.

So I just spoke to a second Rep, same info, the rate will change from 1.30% to 1.40%. when the balance hits $100k.
I had a good reason to be phoning Keesler because I had that second $25k to transfer from savings to HIMMA+.

1 Like

Ken this morning featuring an attractive liquid money alternative, especially but not solely for persons who have no access to Keesler. This is a somewhat complex deal. Ken has done his customary fine job of explanation. So I will simply post this link to Ken’s very worthwhile writeup:

Ken explains the Workers Credit Union liquid money deal

1 Like

Any idea why T-Mobilemoney is still doing the 1% deal?

I really can’t see why they want in on this business at a clear expense to themselves.

1 Like

Does anyone have experience with Kabbage:
https://www.kabbage.com/

It is an Amex account run by Green Dot Bank.

They have 1.1% interest. No guarantee for how long they will keep it.

1 Like

Read about…it’s a BUSINESS checking account by the way…

1 Like

I saw that, is there any reason an individual shouldn’t open one?

How quickly time passes when you’re having fun!

I can scarcely believe it is time, once again, for me to renew my HIMMA Plus account, my last renewal having taken place back early in January. I surely hope I can pull this off “one more time”. I know pattyb53 accomplished the deed since I did. There is a lot of moving money around and I need to get it all right and not mess up or violate this or that Keesler rule. These sorts of maneuvers do not become easier as we become older; quite the opposite.

But time grows short and I need to act or risk losing the best liquid money account out there today. If I can finagle another six months on the gravy train it’ll be a good day.

1 Like

Did you open one as an individual or get any info about it?

I was also thinking about this account. Sounds like a checking account only. I was wondering about just putting the full $100K @1.10%. Leave the funds alone, not making any checking acct payments.

Wonder if that would work? Keep it like a savings, but it is listed Checking… :wink: