Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Yes, I drained account first. Then call and have account closed. I

I’m going to go for this $700 account soon. I have a couple PSECU CD’s that mature at the end of the month. When I have those funds in hand I’ll open another one. It takes $50K & this is a good place to stash for 90 days.

60 days (+ a few extra just in case to satisfy their timing math).

I know…

But when I invest $50k money, I don’t want to play around for a few extra days. I definitely need to see the bonus $700 in my account along with the $50k.

When I withdraw my full amount of money (60+ days later) I then can close the account with no further concern. :rofl:

“Third, on the 20th Day after you open your account, we will check your “On Deposit” balance in New-to-Citibank Funds which will determine the Maximum Bonus you can try to earn (“Balance”). Your Balance can be held in your Checking Account or between your Checking Account AND a new Citi Savings Account. As long as you maintain at least a $15,000 Balance every day for 60 calendar days starting on the 21st day after your 20th Day (“Maintenance Period”) you will remain eligible for a Bonus …”

Based on that language (which started recently), the money has to be held for 21+60 days.

No, it’s 60 (or perhaps 61) days starting on the 20th day after you’ve opened the account. You have 20 days from account opening to make the deposit before they start counting.

1 Like

I never want to take a chance on language and other details on these large bonus deals.

So @scripta might withdraw his bonus deals 60+1 or 2 days without concern. That’s his prerogative.

For me I always wait a little longer to withdraw and close bonus deals. We probably both manage our financial deals pretty successfully. :blush:

I give it a few (like 5) extra days at both ends as a margin of error, but I’m not gonna keep it there for an extra month, and definitely not gonna keep it until the bonus posts, which according to the T&C can be 90 days after meeting the requirements.

We definitely disagree!

I want to see the bonus $700 posted, right along side of my $50k in the account. No problems then, I can withdraw everything and close account

Don’t you see many posters that complain about having to argue with bank to get bonuses added.

My last Citibank bonus account 60 days 9/18, bonus posted 10/9. Collected all funds at that time. Later closed account.

So there!! All settled and we go away happy. :blush:

1 Like

Yes, that includes me also (and so far this only happened with Citibank). But this has nothing to do with keeping the money in the account for longer than necessary. Their system either posts the bonus automatically or it does not, and keeping the money longer than required is NOT the reason why the bonus posts or doesn’t post. I follow the bonus rules and most of the time get the bonus automatically. Once or twice (out of 5 completed, doing #6 now) I didn’t get the bonus automatically, but it was their fault not mine. Keeping the money longer would not have changed anything.

I’d like to call you a Philadelphia Lawyer but I know you live in California. So you love to argue a point, regardless of the situation. So do I!

I’m not going to go along with your point of view here. I’m right as far as I’m concerned and what else matters?

I’m impressed that you’re on your #6 Citibank bonus deal. I‘l start my new one in a couple days. My funds will be available at the end of the month.

Again I’m Following My Rules… :blush:

1 Like

I’m neither arguing nor disagreeing with you – you can do whatever you want! I have only stated what the Terms & Conditions actually require and described what I have done to meet those terms and conditions. And I’ve done it 5 times with Citi already.

Great news. So I’m only at 3 times with Citi, but really who cares?

Successfully completed bonus deals. Planning to go for the bonus #4 soon. Probably not changing my usual plans as quite successful in the past.

Seems like a a winner. :slight_smile:

Anything better than the HIMMA+ right now for short term? (max one year)?

My HIMMA+ is over and I am getting ready to do another…

The PenFed liquid money account now paying 0.55% APY is:

PenFed Premium Online Savings

This is a new, higher, rate of interest.

Link to PenFed Premium Online Savings Account information

2 Likes

… and, sure enough, my “exposed” account had an unauthorized ach withdrawal of a few hundred dollars this morning. I don’t know if this is a fat fingered mistake, or if this was legitimate fraud… but I have to assume the worst.

Alliant was very good about it, they refunded me within an hour. They changed my membership number as well. That’s a bit annoying to deal with, but no more annoying than dealing with changing credit card numbers.

4 Likes

Connexus Credit Union is offering a jumbo MM deal paying 0.85% APY. Jumbo in this instance means you need a cool $100,000 to participate:

Link to Connexus rate page

If you’re not already a member note that anyone may join Connexus. However, be aware it is likely to cost you five bucks to get in.

If you are a little short and don’t have the big money just now, Connexus will still pay you 0.60% APY for smaller balances of at least twenty grand.

Both of the above deals are uncapped. You may deposit as much money as you wish and still get the rate. Also this is not an RCA. There are no hoops.

2 Likes

If you are able to deal with a capped MM account, consider this:

Affinity Plus FCU offers a MM account paying 1.00% APY. Here are the “gotchas”:

• It costs $25 to get into Affinity Plus FCU

• You need a $500 (minimum) direct deposit every month

• The account turns into a pumpkin once the balance exceeds twenty-five grand. You don’t want to do that. Your first twenty-five grand will be OK and garner the 1%. But your excess over that amount earns only a very small rate of interest.

Still, maybe this would work for some people. Here is a link:

Affinity Plus FCU MM rates

Yes shinobi, that’s a pretty decent deal. I’m giving it some consideration for placement of my funds.

However I’m still contemplating Kessler FCU. Even though 1.05% interest is actually the best available they’re offering. That’s using Kasasa Cash Savings.

I believe its an offer that would work.

While I’m writing about Conexus CU offer, I think you might have another even better one.

Keep on coming with these deals shinobi. :blush: