Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

[AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, MA, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, PA, UT, VT, or WA] Keybank $200 Checking Bonus - Doctor Of Credit

DoC website has a list of all nationally available and regionally available bank account bonuses with nice write-ups with specific information for each one.

2 Likes

Is this good or just a ploy? Im not sure. I have my DD of SS deposited in their monthl, and am at Tier S 3.50 % on over 70k. Lasted for 8 months so far. BUT I do not have a DD of 2500 starting 8/1. My SS is 2100. So according to new terms I will drop to 3%. But still great. I get a pension from NYPD but their system for DD is from 1970’s. Can not change banks online and not worth the trip in person to pension bureau from my abode in upstate NY.

My email from HMB doesn’t say anything about the size of the required direct deposit changing on 8/1.

Can you post a quote from what you see?

it was an email about 2 months ago. If you have the Bradley CC and make 100.00 monthly charge, you got 3.5% in your regular acct Tier S. as long as you have a DD. But beginning 8/1 your DD has to be 2500.00 or you go back to Tier 1 at 3.0%. Can not find the email but you can call.

OK - thanks. I do see that. So that confirms my decision to not bother with the credit card.

When scripta started this thread he was smart about the manner in which he chose to title it. He uses the words “liquid accounts” and I agree. He does not limit us solely to money market accounts or to savings accounts or even to checking accounts. Instead the thread is wide open to accounts that are liquid.

So now today along comes Ken with what appeared to me at first as a rather pathetic liquid account offering. Here is the link to Ken’s write up:

Competitive Jumbo Money Market Account at State Bank of Texas

Course as you read through that Ken lists, toward the end, interest rates of other competing offerings. And we see the SBT product is, as advertised, indeed competitive.

But what a sad state of affairs. :cry:

So is there perhaps a better liquid account available which is, instead, for example a savings account? Ken does not give us that information and I dunno.

1 Like

Towards the end of the year, as I remember, several of us will have CD’s maturing. So I’m going to start looking at liquid accounts.

I know we all have our Keesler HIMMA Plus accounts, but I feel uncomfortable going over the security level.

I looked at the Texas offering or even the Connexus. The % percentage rate is not appealing. But I think most of the people here would qualify for membership if needed.

Also those nice CD rates we picked up a couple years ago will be maturing early 2022. Problems are suddenly closing in on me.

A problem that many people would enjoy having. :wink:

Not a bank question but am hoping someone will answer. I reloaded my amazon gc balance with 0.50 with 1 of multiple cc’s I have on amazon on 8-6-21, Today 8-17-21, the amazon reload balance page has an entirely different interface. Is this old news? Has anyone used this new interface?

How do I choose which credit card? Is it going to automatically charge the cc that is set for purchases?

3 Likes

I hate that new interface. Yes, you need to change the card being used with each load (unless you change the default card).

This showed up one day a few months ago, but I was able to navigate to the old page and edit my bookmark. But this time I’m not finding the old page. We may be stuck with this.

5 Likes

Oh WTF. The old one was too perfect, they had no choice but to F it up.

5 Likes

Disclaimer: I am not an Advancial member. I found this on Ken’s website.

Advancial has lowered the interest rate on their money market account

retroactively!

What next?

Be careful out there. Things might not be as they appear at first to be:

Linky

Discover Bank has once again re-upped their OSA bonus deal. You must be a new customer to cash in on this, and you need a sizeable amount of money, too, at least for openers. Your bonus will be either $150 or $200.

Ken is featuring this OSA deal on his page dated today. He has all the many details:

Link to Ken’s latest, 10/15, Discover Bank OSA bonus deal writeup

1 Like

Thanks for the data point, Pattyb53.
My $700 bonus was deposited after some messaging. Did you find a requirement as to how much longer to keep the account opened to avoid a claw back?

Seeing your post has made me start to think about renewing this old bonus bag. It’s probably still available.

From reading @harish7631, looks like you’re getting the $700 bonus as we speak. Right! :rofl:

Anyone else working on the Citi Bonus or any other bonus? I’m all ears…

Yes, it’s available. One question… how long did you wait to close the accounts to avoid the claw back?

Here is a link…

Looking back, I see the 90 days ending 10/8/20. I actually closed the account 11/20/20.

Long time ago.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, Pattyb53.

How do you get the $400 offer? I see $300 for that tier

Citi changes offers over time. Right now they have $400, $700 and $1500. The $400 offer isn’t available at this time, for what I can see.

One last question, Pattyb53… Did you close the accounts by draining them to $0 and then requesting Citi to close them? Or did you call them and asked them to call the accounts?
–TIA