Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Yes instead of reading older posts, I have done the following. 20k in Evansville CU, 3.3%(Alliant works for the monthly direct deposit, with no amt specified, so I transferred 40.00). Also 20k in Elements. (4% guaranteed for 1 year) Opened Evans. with $1500 via Citi Double cash card. Coded as purchase. Took 13 days to get approved and opened. Email stated they are swamped and everything is done by hand. Had
Had my wife open an Element acct also. I put in an extra 50.00 to cover the req. debits and bill pay. I do very small amounts. As far as using funds for liquidity, I now use Sofi checking for a 300 bonus and the Swagbucks 75.00. It pays 1.25 %.
Also, Presidential bank is at 2.25% up to 25k with 8 bill pays and a 500.00 DD monthly (Alliant also works there). BUT I’M RETIRED!!!. I have a method for keeping track. It’s called the pen and paper method. Every first week of month I take care of my small bill pays on each acct. I MS so I pay small amts to OBC cards and Citi Custom and this Q… 2 Dividend cards at groceries and drug stores.
My Bradley acct still receives my SS and that seems very good as long as long as you do the 100.00 spend on the CC. (fee is 60.00 yearly after first year). have not been screwed by them in almost 2 years. Lots of folks on Doc have complained about all these accts. So far I’m good with them. I also have Citizen and Santander checking accts, free as long as you make 1 deposit per calendar month (Santander) and 1 deposit per statement period (Citizen.) Wife got a 600.00 bonus from Santander last month. Quickly converted acct to the Free checking with the 1 deposit. Also, fake DD from WF worked for Santander.

2 Likes

BTW, Sofi req. a DD which acc to DOC is hard. So I followed some advice from DOC and posters, and I opened a Wise checking acct. I am waiting to send 5010.25 to Sofi this Monday from Wise. Supposedly codes as DD and you write a memo on transfer stating DD. That’s why the oddball amt.
But a word to the "wise’, Wise seems to be international and had to email them how to dd to a US bank acct in US dollars—answered in 2 days. A bit different than domestic banks and a small xfer fee is collected by Wise. 5010 should be around 5.00. But hope the 300. Sofi bonus comes through and the 75.00 Swagbucks.

2 Likes

Ally Bank has once again upped their OSA (online savings account) rate. The new interest rate is 0.75% APY.

ETA

Apparently Marcus just jumped to 0.70% APY. Appears as if Ally is intent on doing them one better.

1 Like

Ally’s 11 month no-penalty CD is now at 0.85%. Waiting for Marcus improving their own no-penalty rate.

2 Likes

Marcus is now 0.85%. Ally your next move?

3 Likes

I don’t do business at Marcus. Not a fan.

I will shift money between Alliant and Ally as the situation unfolds. Right now, for today, am happy camper.

Marcus changed their no-penalty CD rate to 0.90%.

1 Like

Care to elaborate your concerns with Marcus?

Shin is pretty particular about who he does business with - he tends to prefer financial institutions with a brick and mortar location. But he’s missing out on Marcus’ AARP APY boost…

Naaa. Nobody agrees with me on this stuff. I follow my gut.

My best understanding, right or wrong, is that Marcus is connected somehow with Goldman. I’m not a Goldman fanboy. Gut level personal opinion. Nobody has to agree, nobody does agree, and I don’t care.

2 Likes

Not true. I do a lot of business, for example, with PSECU.

It’s not a brick and mortar thing with me. It’s overall size together with association with NYC. But nobody cares what I think or should . . . . except me. :wink:

Somehow? LOL. It’s right on the site: “Marcus by Goldman Sachs® is a brand of Goldman Sachs Bank USA and Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC (“GS&Co.”), which are subsidiaries of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.”

Not a website I ever have visited . . . or ever will. Have no interest in this outfit.

Alliant CU Savings 0.75%.

3 Likes

Barclays: 0.90%

4 Likes

Citi 1%

1 Like

If you don’t live in an area where they have branches you can get 1% apy…branch areas cannot…

2 Likes

Ally is rising its savings and money market rates to 0.90% starting June 10.

3 Likes

Wow. I’m surprised. But I’m happy to take their money! :wink:

Ally NPCD 1.00%

3 Likes