Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Premium Savings Account from Morgan Stanley Private Bank (previously E*TRADE Bank) just increased to 1.40% APY

3 Likes

I have an investment account with Etrade, so this account is interesting. I wonder if they enforce the 6-withdrawal limit for this savings account? Didn’t see any mention of this online.

Edit: the 6-withdrawal is mentioned in one of the disclosures:

“If transaction limitations are exceeded, we may close the account, or convert it to a Checking account or remove the account’s transfer and draft capacity.”

1 Like

Was just about to mention the free Fidelity wires.

They also have a $100 bonus if you don’t already have a cash management account. No time like the present to open one: Fidelity $100 Bonus with Cash Management or Investing Account (No Requirements Other Than $50 Deposit) - Doctor Of Credit

2 Likes

I want to apologize to my fellow posters here, and to the OP, @scripta, as well.

I intended no harm when I brought up MBOI. Was only trying to be constructive and helpful.

Have now learned MBOI has a $15 INCOMING wire fee!

Do whatever you wish. I smell a rat. And I’m out.

3 Likes

Include me with outside ACH transfers. But I’m using Bask Bank savings 1.5% for my liquid funds.

Bask Bank is so easy to open, probably 20 minutes. I’m very happy with this bank Now. I’ve been with them a couple months. My problem at first was the hold on deposits for seems like a couple weeks. Actually probably 5 days but with weekends it seemed longer.

You might like Bask Bank… :blush:

1 Like

I agree, an $15 incoming wire wouldn’t work. But I think they waive it for initial funding, provided you call in and arrange with them first. That is the hassle part.

1 Like

I’m still out.

I currently have a NPCD with Bellco paying 1.40% APY and they cannot lower my interest rate . . . . . like Connexus just did on some of their CDs.

Can see how, with some of these liquid account high flyers, everybody pours money in, financial institution suddenly discovers they have too much dough, and they lower the rate.

I shall remain locked in at 1.4% APY at Bellco and sleep well tonight.

NPCD = No Penalty CD

1 Like

New rate leader - First Foundation Bank 1.65%.

3 Likes

There are some interesting posts over on Ken’s site regarding people not being able to find a savings account option at First Foundation Bank when signing up. I guess they can only initially sign up for checking, and that a savings account should be an option once you complete initial sign-up.

There are other reports of accounts just “disappearing” from online banking, requiring manual intervention on their part to fit it.

For my part, I am going to stick with the bigger players as everyone has been rushing to raise rates given the current environment. Right now most of my money is sitting at CIBC or Alliant.

1 Like

Wealthfront Cash Account is now 1.40%

3 Likes

You disappoint me, Wealthfront. Should’ve been 1.6%.

Anyone know how to force Wealthfront to do manual account link? If it recognizes the bank, it requires the online username and password for linking, and I’m not down with that. Based on my reading this online linking is not like SoFi’s online linking, which just grabs the account information and establishes a link for transfers. Here they say “If you change your login information at any time, you’ll need to re-link your account.” Ridiculous.

1 Like

You can’t do it on the app, only online. Online, below the list of banks there is a link to “don’t see you bank listed”.

I don’t even have the app. Once I input the ABA # of a bank they recognize, it prompts for that bank’s online login info without any way to supply the account number for the ACH link.

1 Like

Double ridiculous Insane. As I read your post, I initially thought that it was no big deal, and we all know how to deal with that issue. Then your last statement registered and I thought, no way, Hosea -_- Get your Wealthfront and rear together.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear. This is very strange. I was linking it to Affirm which they don;t recognize, so they let me do the deposits for the link.

That’s what I said – they let you do the manual link for the banks they DON’T recognize. For the ones they DO recognize, they ask for online login.

No waya, Hosea?
or
No way, José?

1 Like

Colorado Savings Bank High Yield Savings was 0.90% now 1.00%

Wealthfront Cash was 0.85% now 1.40%

Popular Direct High Yield Savings was 0.85% now 1.05%

Bank 7 High-Rate Online Savings was 0.75% now 0.90%

American Express High Yield Savings was 0.75% now 0.90%

Vio Bank High Yield Online Savings was 0.50% now 0.60%

iGo Banking Money Market was 0.50% now 1.30%

4 Likes

Marcus Online Savings was 0.85% now 1.00%

3 Likes

I’m seeing 1.6% listed when I login to my Bask Bank account. The public website is still showing 1.5%.

Edit: new APY 1.61%.

3 Likes