Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

When did you know Jan 17th we could pull out? Your fantastic record keeping probably informed you. :wink:

It was was pure accident that I noticed the $500 in my account on Feb 8th.

Wish I had better bookkeeping…

1 Like

The terms required keeping the money through Jan 15, which was a Sunday, and 16th was a bank holiday.

I would expect you to have decent bookkeeping, considering with how many banks you have existing relationships. I wouldn’t be able to remember if it wasn’t listed on a spreadsheet.

Yes, I need someone to teach me spreadsheets!

I’m still using paper and pencil bookkeeping. :))

It’s basically the same, except it’s easier to update – no eraser required.

I’m sure the internet is full of tutorials. If you have Microsoft Office, then the spreadsheets program is called Excel. If you don’t have it, there’s a free one that’s compatible and very similar called LibreOffice Calc (download it for your operating system at https://www.libreoffice.org/).

4 Likes

Thanks scripta… I’m going to give it a try when I’m free. Busy busy…

Spreadsheets are so unrefined. Go with a flashy finance program like MS Money 98, like I use! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

In fact, you might even be lucky enough to be on a forum with a developer that works on that “xl” thing that could help you out if you have any issues.

Just saying :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Are there any fees for Primis Checking like check fees?

One free set of 40 checks are included…you have to ask them to order it…debit card sent automatically…

2 Likes

First order of checks is free. Agent ordered them for me over the phone after account opening. When I follow the check reorder link from online banking, it takes me to Harland Clarke and reordering checks costs $18.32. $1 minimum to open and no ongoing minimum balance required. They reimburse ATM fees, provide free cashier checks, free stop payments, and free incoming wires.

3 Likes

Here’s the truth in saving disclosure:

Primis-Premium-TIS-Disclosure.pdf (primisbank.com)

1 Like

Thanks. Just opened a savings account. I have a fair amount of savings and just opened the Alliant bonus certificate with $4K and the NFCU 5% CD with a few hundred. I’m thinking of canceling them, but might hold the NFCU CD because it’s an add-on and could be useful if Primis drops the rate suddenly. Is there a limit on transfers in or out?

1 Like

From what I’ve read the limit on transfers out is 30k a day, 100k a month. I’m not sure about limits on transfers in - it appears some have been able to transfer in 100k+.

1 Like

That limit is when using the Primis transfer system (and appears to be in/out combined), but there’s no limit to push in/pull out money using an external bank’s ACH system.

And those limits do not apply to the opening deposit.

4 Likes

You haven’t seen mine, they’re pretty perfect :smile:

Also I remember MS Money, I even tried it back in the day. I think my spreadsheets have more functionality than Money ever did.

4 Likes

I’m sure they do. But Money does what I need it to do, and I didn’t have to build it from scratch. Although I remain worried (nay, I just wonder) if I’m going to eventually hit a transaction or account maximum.

1 Like

I’m thinking :thinking: I sure missed out on the Primus Savings. But the idea of going through another sign up process was daunting. But looking back, probably should have. :((

No reason you still can’t sign up now.

1 Like

If that ever happens I think Money allows you to save or export all data into an Excel file :smile:

1 Like

I wish I didn’t do a Ally CD. Oh well I think the rates will be there in Oct.