I just signed up. It was easy.

2 Likes

Marcus now 3.75% APY

5 Likes

State Exchange Bank Savings(via SaveBetter) was 4.20% now 4.35%
Discover AAII Savings was 3.35% now 3.45%
Discover Savings was 3.30% now 3.40%

5 Likes

My Primis statement cycled last night (presumably for everyone?) It was nice to see what 5% interest looks like again, even if it was only for a half-month.

2 Likes

It’s strange they pay in the middle of the month. I have a CD with Alliant that also paid on 2-14.

I deposited $83.70 in Primis on the 10th and got .06 interest. although they withdrew the funds from the wrong account.

When linking to Alliant, Primis gives a choice of Checking, Savings, or Supplemental Savings. I checked Supplemental but it made the withdrawal from regular savings.

This is why I started with a small amount, to make sure it functions properly.

I have never spoken to anyone at Primis nor received replies to calls, emails, or messages. It’s working, but I need certainty about which account they withdraw from.

Bread Financial(Comenity Capital Bank) Savings was 4.00% now 4.25%
Prime Alliance Bank Savings was 3.65% now 4.05%

Primis Bank Checking and Saving Accounts both dropped from 5.03% to 4.35% - did not last long!

7 Likes

That was a quick bait-and-switch. Hope y’all didn’t get a whiplash :wink:

4.35 is still near the top, so it could have been worse. Nothing beats T-Bills right now though.

6 Likes

Unbelievable!! And I have been feeling like a dope for not joining Primus @ 5% savings.

So my Northern Bank is still paying 4.35% Savings. I’m Feeling :relieved: good…

1 Like

Looks like anyone who already opened with the 5.03% rate will keep it…at least for time being.

[10:27:32pm] Helen:
Thank you for chatting with Primis, my name is Helen. How may I help you today?
[10:28:19pm] You
Hi Helen. I saw the rate for the checking account dropped from 5.03% to 4.35%. Is this for existing customers as well as new customers?
[10:28:25pm] Helen:
No
[10:28:51pm] You
So existing customers will continue to earn 5.03%?
[10:28:55pm] Helen:
Yes

5 Likes

They better be paying Helen well… the Doctor of Credit folks all seem to be ready with pitchforks and torches and Helen seems to be getting a workout on the chat line.

Rolling 4-week t-bills is the smart move right now, I agree.

4 Likes

Primis now has the distinction of being the only bank to lower their interest rate recently. I might leave my $83.70 there, though. Any banks that are reliably paying 4.35%?

2 Likes

Primis only has the account info you give them. It’s on Alliant to decide what account that info matches with.

The only thing to do is what you did - try it. Once you’ve seen the results, you can be fairly certain that will be the result every subsequent time.

4.35% is right in the middle of the leaderboard. No bank is any more reliable than any other as far as maintaining that rate.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, my account details do still list 5.03% as the APY. But as well all know, often that number is the ‘as of the last statement’ rate, not the current real-time rate.

Edit: Emails have gone out stating that existing accounts remain at the 5% rate. The decrease is only for new accounts, at least for now.

4 Likes

With a holiday this Monday, there’s an opportunity to earn double interest for 4 days over the weekend.

With Primis’s $30k per day transaction cap the benefit is minimal, but if you were going to deposit more money anyways, today is a good day to do it.

4 Likes

From Primis:

"You were one of the first - and you deserve the best.

Thanks for being one of the first customers to take advantage of our Primis Savings. You’re earning the top-notch annual percentage yield (APY) of 5.03% and we’re glad you’re here.

Soon, you may see on our website that our APY is changing to 4.35%. This will not apply to you. As an early adopter of our digital platform, you will continue to earn 5.03% APY. While our rates are always subject to change, we want to currently hold your rate at the highest level possible.

Congratulations on being a banking trailblazer. Our goal is to continue to impress you and create a long-standing relationship.

Thank you,
Your Primis Team"

7 Likes

I pulled $50k into Primis today without issue.

1 Like

wow Great CS. Wonder how long they’ll keep this up? Unless they’re betting 5% fed rate soon

2 Likes

got the same… Applied 2/2/23. Still checking whether to give me an acct!!!

CFG Bank MM was 4.45% now 4.55%
SFGI Direct Savings was 3.51% now 3.81%

5 Likes