Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

dangit. was stuck on external account verification at primis. i guess the account is not open until the actual transfer is done. might not open it then

Primis Savings
Annual Percentage Yield (APY): 4.35%|$1 Minimum Deposit
No service fees|Free incoming wires|Monthly statement

All reports have indicated your application only needed to be in progress for it to retain the 5% rate.

2 Likes

Thanks finally got through today by phone and they did mention it was by the date of application rather than account opening.

I never received that grandfathered email though.

Now when I login it doesn’t let me initiate a transfer anymore. It just “under review”.

Primis Savings: Under Review

Our review process can take up to 2 business days. You will receive an email when the process is complete.

Not sure what’s going on.

2 Likes

UFB Direct MM was 4.21% now 4.55%(account renamed to Preferred Money Market)
UFB Direct Saings was 4.21% now 4.55%(account renamed to Preferred Savings)
Great Lakes CU MM(via SaveBetter) was 4.20% now 4.40%

3 Likes

Valley Direct Savings was 4.00% now 4.20%
Sallie Mae Bank MM was 3.60% now 3.75%
Sallie Mae Bank Savings was 3.50% now 3.65%
Rising Bank Savings was 3.50% now 3.75%
Discover Bank AAII Savings was 3.45% now 3.55%
Discover Bank Savings was 3.40% now 3.50%
Ally Bank MM was 3.40% now 3.50%

5 Likes

I save up on Primus. I have 2 high-interest accts now. UFB Direct MM @ 4.55% and mysavingsdirect @4.35 (from Emigrant bank) CFG has me on hold until I get an email on my trial deposits. Dont need them now. Same rate as UFB.

1 Like

Citizens’s Bank Access Savings was 3.75% now 4.00%

4 Likes

same here I think given Fed rate is headed to 6%, we’ll see 5% becoming more common

Republic Bank Digital MM was 4.53% now 4.60%
Vio Bank Cornerstone MM was 4.20% now 4.30%
Lemmata Savings Bank MM(via SaveBetter) was 3.95% now 4.25%
Smarty Pig by Sallie Mae Bank Savings was 3.40% now 3.50%

4 Likes

Alliant 3.10%.

8 Likes

Adda Bank Savings(via SaveBetter) was 4.45% now no longer available
CFG Bank MM was 4.55% now 4.45%
Patriot Bank MM(via SaveBetter) was not available now 4.30%
BankPurely Index MM was 3.90% now 4.12%
iGo Banking Index MM was 3.90% now 4.12%
TIAA Basic Savings was 3.60% now 3.70%
First Internet Bank Savings was 3.45% now 3.56%
TIAA MM was 3.45% now 3.55%
Alliant CU Savings was 2.95% now 3.10%
Self Help CU MM was 2.35% now 2.44%

6 Likes

PurePoint Financial sent out emails that they are closing down. At one time, they were rate leaders, but have been really low for years. In the good old days, they’d send out birthday gifts.

On another note, does anyone else find Northern Bank Direct to be really high maintenance? They sent me an email that they didn’t get my signature card (they did), that they didn’t receive my initial deposit (they did), that I checked the box for backup withholding (I doubt it) and today I’m completely unable to log in to my account. While I’m new to the Direct account, I’ve had a regular Northern Bank account for years and don’t remember them being so annoying.

3 Likes

I have Northern Bank and they did call about returning the signature card. I couldn’t remember if I had returned the card. Yesterday I received the duplicate package of items that needed to be signed. I will return signed documents today.

I’m having no problems signing into account. I recently opened a large CD and end of February interest is showing on account.

No complaints with Northern Bank from me.

3 Likes

Still waiting on Primis. I’m assuming they are slammed with applications with manual verifications.

Ivy Bank’s Indexed Savings Account is back and available for application for new customers again. 4.75% Nationally available except CA

4 Likes

Idabel National Bank MM(viaSaveBetter) was 4.15% now 4.35%
Synchrony Bank Savings was 3.75% now 3.99%

4 Likes

Merrill Edge has a money market fund that yield now over 4%. It requires $100,000 to open, but once open funds can be withdrawn at will, and additional deposits made in thousand dollar increments. You can get a Preferred customer status if you have over $100,000 with BOA plus them, and that gets you a 75% bonus on their credit card rewards, which can be very valuable (2.625% rebate with their Travel rewards card). I had moved an IRA over for a nice bonus, which easily met the requirement years ago.My required minimum withdrawal was well over the hundred thousand limit, and they drew my attention to the idea of putting $100,000 in this money market fund and then drawing it down as needed for living expenses. I believe yoiu have to go through a representative to open the money market account.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting. I see on their Bank Deposits available through Merrill Accounts website a notice that these accounts “Are Not FDIC Insured”. Any clues?

Money market funds are never insured against investment losses.

1 Like

Blue FCU MM (via SaveBetter) was 4.25% now 4.42%

2 Likes