Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Not sure if sarcasm?!?!

You can go ahead and update the wiki. Everyone could do it on FWF, it’s not any more difficult here.

2 Likes

You’re covered.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting DollarSavingsDirect regarding the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) and interest rate for the Dollar Savings account. We truly appreciate this opportunity to assist you.

As stated in the Interest and Interest Rate Related Information section within the Account Disclosure: ? The Bank, at its sole discretion, may change the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) and interest rate on the Account at any time.

All savings accounts are affected by a rate change. Effective January 3, 2018, the Dollar Savings account is earning an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 1.60% with an interest rate of 1.59%.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-866-395-8693. We are here to assist our customers seven days a week from 8:00 AM to 11:30 PM ET.

Once again, thank you for contacting DollarSavingsDirect.

1 Like

No sarcasm, if the site needs moderators, I would be happy to help. Trying to force contributors to update tables is probably not going help - fyi there is a thread about how this site is already dying…

The wiki is something that anyone can update, it isn’t something that needs to be done by moderators. Moderators exist to moderate, and I think there are only 3 of them right now.

4 Likes

Barclays and Cap1 are up to 1.4%.

Excuse the mess in the last column. I pinged the admin asking why the details tag stopped working inside tables.

Thanks for this thread. Just transfer monies to DollarSavingsAccount.

The Digital Credit Union 5.12% savings is not listed here. Is that because it has a cap of $1000?

I think it is a good place for someone that wants to park $1000 and still keep it liquid.

I think it was more a matter of no one knew about it till you mentioned it. It seems like a whole lot of work to setup a new account at a bank that you can only put $1000 in. I guess you could use it like a “christmas fund” or something similar where you deposit x every paycheck or month to it. I think people would rather jump through the hoops to have a “rewards checking” that requires x debit card transactions etc although I personally HATE those since I pay for everything I can with cashback credit cards.

3 Likes

Yeah I don’t do rewards checking accounts either. I don’t mind a $1,000 limit @5% as long as there is no HP. Always looking for new CUs anyway.

DCU does do a hard pull.

1 Like

Just got an e-mail that Ally bumped up their rates to 1.35%. Wiki updated.

1 Like

Incredible Bank High Yield Savings 1.55% tier actually starts at $25,000.00 (1.20% below that)…And there is no maximum…you might want to adjust that in the original information on them…

1 Like

It’s listed under the detail that it’s 1.21% for less than 25K. While there is technically “no limit” the FDIC will only insure up to 250K so many entries have that as the “max”.

I may have accidentally changed the min from 25K to 2500. Fixed now - thanks.

Tha “max” column has nothing to do with the FDIC limit, it only refers to the maximum amount that will earn the advertised “high” rate.

I stand corrected.

Yes, the rate will be paid as long as you have over $25,000 (on the entire balance)…And there are ways you can increase FDIC coverage at one bank to a lot more than $250,000…do a little online research ( am talking legit of course)…and you are very welcome, scripta!

UFB Direct just bumped up to 1.60%. But if you already have an account with them, it appears you may have to open a new account or at least call to ask for the new rate (That is what they did in the last bump up… Last time, “new money” was not a requirement either.)

EDIT: A simple phone call was needed to increase my rate to 1.6%. I didn’t need to open a new account or add new money. I guess they don’t want to increase accounts that are “asleep”. :grinning:

Upped UFB (per above) and PurePoint (per shinobi’s post) to 1.6, Barclays to 1.5, Discover to 1.4, Self-Help CU to 1.33, and SallieMae to 1.45

@BigTR FYI, on Jan1 you copied the entry for Amex HYS and updated the rate, but forgot to delete the original entry. I just noticed this and fixed it.

American Express High Yield Savings went up to 1.45% apy as of today (i saw the announcement when i logged into my account there)…