Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Then you have a great many other participants here with whom you are at odds. Many people here delete posts should doing so become necessary. Ability to do so is a feature of the forum for goodness sake.

Somehow I’m not feeling much love. You should have deleted your entire post because it was inappropriate to have posted like that in the first place.

Your inability to show remorse, to admit your error, or to demonstrate REAL courtesy is duly noted. However, I am unsurprised. You have met my expectations of you.

How old are you again? Your behavior over in the Alternatives to Cd’s thread was as bad if not worse than anything you are describing and amounted to “I’m not going to leave and you can’t make me.” along with various rants.

Please stop acting as if you are the well behaved martyr being picked on unfairly.

4 Likes

He didn’t attack you. His action was unnecessary, but not uncivil.

It is rare, but it happened before. We have at least one user who has a habit of deleting their posts (it’s not you), and those posts have been revived and preserved a few times. But it is rare and usually unnecessary.

Anyway, let us all please get back to the topic at hand. Outstanding grievances could be resolved by private messages.

2 Likes

We all (should) know how the forum works by now. Edits can be viewed. Deletions can be viewed for at least 24 hours. Anything you post online can exist indefinitely.

1 Like

My behavior was wrong. But you conveniently failed to mention that you received my personal and sincere apology at that time. I do err upon occasion. It is a human failing. But when I do so I admit my error and apologize. I do that because it is the right thing to do and the proper way to handle such situations.

In the present instance I yesterday followed scripta’s admonition and deleted a portion of my post, bringing it into line with his counsel and thinking. As for you, famewolf, I don’t know what else I can do. You obviously have not accepted my apology. I regret that. But the original error was mine and you are under no obligation to do so. All I can do is try to improve going forward.

I’m kinda interested in doing this but wondering where did you see the 6 month requirement? I saw that you couldn’t do this deal if you had a citi checking within the last 180 days but to me it read like if the bonus would be paid within 90 days after you meet requirements (in my experience they pay those sooner than that). One of the requirement is to have the minimum funds - $50k or more - to be in one or both account combined for 60 days. So the way I read the terms, once your money is in, wait 60 days to qualify then wait for the bonus up to 90 days. At worst, that should be 150 days, no?

Or is there on the specific accounts some bonus clawback if you close the account before 6 months mark? I could not find this anywhere in the terms. Any other gotchas to watch for?

I will admit you gave what appeared to be a sincere apology but it appeared only after I was asking the mods/forum owner to remove you from the thread.

Acting as devil’s advocate as a member of several forums I recall multiple instances where I’ve opened a box to compose a reply to someone and had them significantly edit their post after that time but before I could finish posting. I am not a mind reader and have no way of knowing the post has been edited. Additionally the version sent to our email is the original and not any modifications.

You demanded he remove his post and he obliged but he is not required to grovel which is what your behavior appears to be wanting. You are very fond of saying things like THIS: “Your inability to show remorse, to admit your error, or to demonstrate REAL courtesy is duly noted. However, I am unsurprised. You have met my expectations of you.” as is apparent if anyone takes the time to browse your posting history.

Historically the “old west” was known for two things. Being rowdy at times but overall excessively POLITE. It was also known that everyone carried handguns with the potential to be called out for their behavior to either apologize in public or “step outside” to let the guns decide. Coincidence? Doubtful. The same behavior is apparent in texas which also has a rather open handgun carrying policy/law. The internet has worn away some of that polite facade in everyday behavior as evidenced by the sheer number of trolls on the internet. Whether or not I accept it I respect the fact you gave a sincere apology without prompting. Show that same moral fiber and walk away. An apology is not an apology if you have to demand it.

Why should anyone have to say more?

I originally came on to Fragile Deal to pick up various ideas on making more money. I also enjoy political debate. I have never edited or blocked anyone’s posting. I occasionally get angry with a post that vainly opposes me, :rage: But don’t we all?

AND now back to our regularly scheduled programming…more bad news…

Dollar Savings Direct Savings was 1.20% now 1.10%
American Express Online Savings was 1.15% now 1.00%
Discover AAII Online Savings was 1.10% now 1.06%
Brio Direct High Yield Savings was 1.10% now 0.95%
Discover Online Savings was 1.05% now 1.01%

6 Likes

I guess it’s a good thing to see Discover clawing to stay above the 1% threshold. :roll_eyes:

Today’s drops:

Prime Alliance Bank Personal Savings was 1.35% now 1.01%
Comenity Direct High Yield Savings was 1.35% now 1.10%
Western Bank High Yield Money Market was 1.35% now 1.10%

2 Likes

Today’s drops:

UFB Direct Premium Money Market was 1.35% now 1.00%
UFB Direct High Yield Savings was 1.35% now 1.00%

In the past two or three months, we have seen Alliant as the rate trend leader. Whenever it made a rate cut on the 1st of the month, all the other major OSAs (e.g. Cap1, CIT, Marcus) followed to within 0.1x% by the end of the month

On 5/1, Alliant cut to 1.2%.
In the month of May, Cap1 cut from 1.5% to 1.3%, Marcus cut from 1.55% to 1.3%.

On 6/1, Alliant cut to 0.9%
In the month of June, Cap1 cut from 1.3% to 1.0%, Marcus cut from 1.3% to 1.05%.

My eyes will be on Alliant on 7/1 to see what they do. I am hoping that we have reached the lower bound on the OSA rates.

Mine, too. And I’m anticipating another rate cut there.

But my greater concern is what could happen at NBD. They have been holding at 1.25% APY for a while. I do not anticipate such a high rate surviving the month of June.

Sure hope I’m full of prunes on that one!

So in a couple days we should see what our % rate will be. I believe I signed up 6/8/20 rate 2.26%, so accordingly, my rate would drop to 1.75% (maybe lower). Probably off the floor. :woozy_face:

I have an Ag Fed CD 3.16% that matures middle of July. Sure hate to see that one end, so will be searching for placement for those funds.

I realize, and I acknowledge, there are many “big money” people here. Well, this won’t help such folks very much. But I’m gonna post this anyway:

One of the best interest rates out there on liquid money today is at Digital FCU, in Massachusetts. DFCU continues to pay 6% APY on the first $1000 in your savings account with them. I just checked to be certain. Yes, that 6% lollipop is holding as I write this, and even as interest rates elsewhere are tumbling.

Now, here is the thing about the cap:

I learned only a couple of years ago, when my hustle was doing a lot more than it is today, that small money investments at higher interest can nevertheless be interesting. Consider:

$1000 at 6% will give you as much income as $2000 invested at 3% or $4000 invested at only 1.5%. But 1.5% on liquid money today is increasingly difficult to find. So how about $6000 invested at 1%, which remains obtainable today, at least until Wednesday, when July arrives and sinks us all. :wink:

And if you have a “spouse in the house” there is even more that can be done to take advantage of DFCU’s largesse.

Am I in?

You bet I am, and I have been taking advantage of this for many years. OK, it’s not big money and I realize the “big bux” folks are unimpressed. But the returns just keep on accumulating year after year. 6% APY is today tantamount to finding free money in the street. And I never have turned down free money.

Sounds like your time is cheap. $60/yr in taxable interest income isn’t really worth my time to open and then keep track of the account (to make sure the interest rate remains, the max amount remains, they don’t add some other requirements to keep it free, etc).

Well, you made me check this one out. Oh yes I have it also, $1169. just sitting there. Think I will open one for my husband tomorrow. Don’t know why I didn’t think of it sooner.

Forgot about DFCU, as I’ve had it for years. Now help me out with my CD that’s maturing soon. :wink:

Well, yaah. But what the heck… It just sits there & I never really think about it. Tax time I just throw it in with the others & on with business of the day… :relaxed:

1 Like

I just took a look at DFCU. They also offer a savings secured loan @ 3.5%.

How about this: put $1000 into savings and then withdraw that $1000 by taking a savings secured loan. That way, you profit without even locking up your money. :laughing:

PS. Unfortunately, this will not work well if you are in a high tax bracket because taxes are levied on the entire 6.17% APY you earn from savings, not just the remaining yield at 6.17 - 3.5 = 2.67%.

PS2. Don’t try this at home. This is just a theoretical experiment. :laughing:

1 Like