Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Well that was quick. I guess for just $50k the $700 works out to 1.4% (spread over a year) or 2.8% (spread over the required 6 months). Or combine with 1.2 and spread over $250k is 1.5% spread over a year.

If you have $200k on hand, why not do the citigold package which has $1500 bonus?

1 Like

I didn’t see that offer, I’ll have to look for it. $500k actually sitting at 1% between Cit and Marcus.

Don’t have $200k on hand myself (well actually with the absurd stock market valuations I may soon… But in tax sheltered accounts).

It’s on the same page when you look at terms and conditions, it shows a table with citigold bonus. I haven’t double checked it but here’s a direct link I found to the Citigold Offer

1 Like

Today’s drops:

Dollar Savings Direct Savings was 1.30% now 1.20%
CIT Money Market was 1.20% now 1.06%
CIT Savings Builder was 1.15% now 1.01%
CIT High Yield Savings was 1.00% now 0.75%

2 Likes

zzz, Please break down & give some good news… :relaxed:

Wish I knew of some to report!!

1 Like

This is stolen from Ken’s website. Please do not shoot the messenger:

1.00% APY 13-month Penalty Free CD ($500 min) - CFG Bank

Ken offers a long list of such accounts, the above being the best deal of the bunch.

This is also stolen from Ken’s write up yesterday. I’m posting because I happen to be a CommunityWide member and I’ve enjoyed a good relationship with them over the years.

I have no clue whatsoever why anyone at all would want an account like this. But I learned years ago I don’t have all the answers or insights. So here goes. If this somehow works for you, God bless you:

CommunityWide Federal Credit Union holds second place with its High Rate Quarterly Funds Account that earns 1.50% APY. Like the Affinity Plus account, this isn’t a typical savings account. Free withdrawals are limited. Penalty-free withdrawals are only allowed for the first five days of each calendar quarter.

ETA

Ya say ya want a link? Seriously? Oh, all right:

Link to CommunityWide deal

Scroll down a bit to see the deal.

What’s essentially a perpetual 3-month 1.5% CD? Yeah, I cant imagine why anyone would be interested…

This product is not so bad in the current environment. At worst it’s like a 3mo CD that pays 1.5% APY. If you withdraw at any other time (outside of the first 5 days of a quarter), the EWP is 30 days. It also looks like partial withdrawals are allowed.

BUT, the rate was last set on 4/1. So it a new rate will most likely be posted 7/1, in a few days. It’s anyone’s guess what the new rate will be.

4 Likes

Interesting. That feature would enhance and value and utility of the account slightly.

That’s exactly what you can do with a 3 month CD…

It’s just queued up to the calendar quarter, instead of variable based on your account opening date.

Which is precisely what I realized long before you posted, and which is the reason I withdrew my post . . . which you decided to fish out of the trash on a dumpster dive. Give me a break!

Come on, man, you could have ended your above post after the first sentence. It was clear to me (and I’m sure to others) that you deleted it because you realized your mistake.

3 Likes

Me? Insecure? :rofl:

Actually it was a test of glitch99’s mettle. Decent thing for him to do would have been to delete his ridiculous post . . . at which point I would have withdrawn my own as well. No harm no foul.

But glitch99 is not one to admit when he errs. So I stand resolutely by what I wrote and I suggest you mind your own business, lest I come after you next. :stuck_out_tongue:

No backsies!

Let me remind you that this is MY THREAD, so in that sense I am minding my own business by keeping the thread civil.

IMO threads do not “belong” to anyone and the original poster should have no special rights or privileges. I’m only writing this because you’ve done the same in “your” threads (and I think this excuse is as valid as your excuses).

Also you’ve come after me plenty, and your threat is unnecessary and unproductive. You still owe me an explanation in the other thread where you claimed I was wrong and declined to elaborate.

So pulling someone else’s deleted post out of the garbage and reposting it, just so you can criticize it, exemplifies civility here on your thread? Got it.

Gotta be honest with you: I cannot recall anyone here ever having done anything like that in the past. I didn’t like it one bit. And I would not do something like that to you or to any other participant of this forum.

I’m not going to claim anything or try to make excuses. But I will just point out that with 4 kids running around at lunchtime, sometime a reply is interrupted and not posted right away.

Yes, I’m opposed to anyone deleting any posts. Edit, update, clarify, apologize, whatever, but don’t delete. I removed the quote of yours as a courtesy. Despite your rather amusing attack being completely unwarranted.