Best Reward / Cash Back Credit Cards

Anyone have the PenFed Pathfinder Visa? If so, does the $100 annual travel credit reset by calendar year or Cardmember year?

Thanks! time to buy another GC.

Dover FCU offers a MasterCard featuring a 2% reward on all purchases.

Dover 2% reward CC has no annual fee

According to Ken:

Membership in Dover Federal Credit Union is open to anyone by joining the Friends of Bombay Hook. Membership is also open to military personnel of the U.S. government with duty location in Delaware, employees of Dover Air Force Base, Bayhealth, Dover Downs and over 400 Business Partners.

Elan / Fidelity 2% rewards Visa is, like a few others, dropping some card benefits:

• Rental car collision damage waiver gone as of April 1
  • Extended warranty protection is gone as of April 1

They’re adding some sort of Norton product, I suppose just so they can say that there is an addition. Norton is not a company with which I care to give my personal info.

Looks like I might look into Alliant, or the Keesler 2% as my replacement.

1 Like

“Receive complimentary access to ID Navigator Powered by NortonLifelock, providing you with the tools to help keep you informed of potential threats to your identity.” So something about identity protection from the company whose CEO shared his SSN in an ad and then promptly had his identity stolen multiple times.

I’ve been out of the loop. Apparently Symantec acquired LifeLock, then sold their enterprise security software to Broadcom and renamed what was left to NortonLifeLock.

1 Like

I’ve got LifeLock. I thought that the adding of NortonLifeLock to company made it safer. True or not?

I’m pretty sure it’s the same service it has always been – identity monitoring and alerting. But now it can also be added to other Norton-branded products (like Norton 360) as an “add-on”. Adding “Norton” to the company name doesn’t make it any safer.

If you’re paying money for it, it’s usually not worth it. Credit monitoring can be had for free from various credit cards, and even identity monitoring, if you really do need it, can be had for cheaper.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I never noticed any difference in the service.

I’m not paying any thing more than usual. But, I did notice that Norton was added to LifeLock name.

This MACU Visa Cash Back CC offers a 1.5% reward across the board:

Earn a 1.5% reward on your MACU Visa Cash Back CC

In addition for a limited time, until the end of this month, MACU will pay you an immediate 3% cash bonus when you transfer your balance from another CC to your MACU Visa Cash Back CC:

MACU paying same day 3% bonus on balance transfers to their CC

Cautionary note:

MACU is warning that the 3% cash bonus is taxable. It will be reported to the IRS on a 1099.

1 Like

“Limit of two transfers from the same external account or financial institution. Members can receive a 3% cash bonus up to the credit limit once per calendar year.”

That’s… not well written, but I think it means if your CL is $10K, you can get $300. I don’t think it means you can get $10K.

1 Like

Agreed

Are they saying this is more than just a one-time opportunity . . . . that you can do one balance transfer per year and earn a 3% same day bonus on that transfer?

I dunno.

Happy Day!

My Citi Double Cash card is sending me a check $568.53. Will arrive in a couple days… Love this bonus.

Your check from Alliant would’ve been $710.66… :wink:

4 Likes

glitch, way back when, I tried to get that Alliant cc. They turned me down.

At that time I paid cash (check) for most expenses. Really didn’t have much of a credit rating. When I had more time to think about all I was missing $$ wise. I got hooked on FatWallet & started to make some changes.

Maybe I could get an Alliant card now… :relaxed:

I don’t think so.

Transfer your high-rate debt to a Mountain America credit card by March 31, 2021, and we’ll give you 3% cash back on the transferred amount

I think they’re saying that if do the above referenced BT and if they make this offer again, you can’t partake until after 2022.

2 Likes

It’s not a bonus, it’s a rebate.

Do they have a balance transfer fee? If so, this could just offset the fee.
If no balance transfer fee, this could be a good deal.
Their calculate the bonus feature on their website seems to have no dollar limit.
If looks like one could do a transfer to them, pay it off, and then do another in the same year, for a second bonus.
Then next year one might do another transfer from a different lender.
Anyone know what limits they give, and how hard it is to become a member?

3% rewards from SF Fire CU Visa for a short period starting March 19th until early May.

These deals come along every year or two and you can extend them by paying ahead on insurance, cellphone, internet, etc.

It’s a no fee card which is normally 1% cash back.

1 Like

REPOST!! REPOST!!

At least I assume this must be a repost. Someone else surely has already posted this deal. And I want fully to credit that other poster . . . . if only I knew who you were. Meanwhile:

Bank of America is offering a $200 bonus on a Visa card I like if you spend a thousand bucks within the first 90 days. This is a quick way to pick up a couple hundred bucks.

$200 B of A online cash rewards bonus

I like this card because I already am operating the Mastercard version of the very same card, from B of A. Today I garnered my first $75 for 2021. OK, you sniff at my $300/year reward based on 3% of $2500 every quarter . . . which is all I ever spend. $300 here and $300 there and . . . well . . . you keep on doing that and it eventually adds up.

I figure if you operate two of these cards, one Visa and one Mastercard, now you have $600/year at that same 3% reward rate. The $200 bonus? Nice, but merely a one shot, one time cash infusion. The larger money is in the rewards . . . year after year after year.

1 Like

Credit Karma now updates the TransUnion credit score and report daily.

Equifax continues weekly.

Most cards report once a month so it’s not a big difference.

You can see the credit card report date in the Credit Card Use section.

1 Like