Biggest Abortion Case in 29 Years at the Supreme Court

I might be done with the twitter takes on this folks. Not sure if you can top this:

3 Likes

This. They have to very publicly name and fire the leaker(s), who shouldn’t be allowed to practice law again. I’m assuming the leaker is one of their clerks, though that is just a guess.

3 Likes

A less serious take on the topic

1 Like

No worries, mate. I’m fine with that. :slightly_smiling_face:

It is possible the Depends reference is before your time. It’s not original with me, though I like it. It’s a Rush Limbaugh reference to Senator Leahy, whom Rush labelled (on numerous occasions) “Senator Depends”. I borrowed the reference from Rush without permission; suspect he will not mind. :wink:

Stay tuned. The situation might arise when I use it again. :grinning:

1 Like

And the leaker is … Amit Jain Sotomayor clerk

Matt Wolking

@MattWolking

A person called Amit Jain clerks for Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. As a Yale student, Jain blasted Yale for supporting Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination. Jain was quoted in a 2017 Politico piece by Josh Gerstein. Today, Gerstein published the draft SCOTUS opinion on Roe.

2 Likes

'nuff said

1 Like

'nuff said

I am genuinely curious how you intend this comment to be taken.

3 Likes

Comment

“Timing is everything” and six months is an eternity in politics. This leak has materialized that long in front of the election. The American public has the attention span of a gnat. By early November this will all have faded away.

Granted, there will be another kerfuffle end of June when the final decision is handed down. But with so much air escaping from the balloon here early in May, that reaction will be more muted than otherwise would have been the case.

Yes, timing is everything. The leak happened too far in advance of the election to precipitate the desired impact.

2 Likes

Happy to provide you an executive summary:

“One picture is worth a thousand words”

:wink:

2 Likes

CNN facilitates boycott by publishing company list.

Here are the pro-death companies undeserving of our business:

• Amazon

• Citigroup

• Bumble

• Levi Strauss

• Lyft & Uber

• Match Group

• Salesforce

• Yelp

1 Like
3 Likes

Happy to provide you an executive summary:

“One picture is worth a thousand words”

Please elaborate, so that I know I’m taking away the message you intend.

He’s young, with that “Ima gonna save the world by telling everyone else what they need to do!” kind of smile. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah, that “know it all” smile is a Yale University specialty.

Never knew you can read that kind of information by looking at a smile.

2 Likes

And if found to be the leaker, he will get a book deal and a regular job at MisNBC.

Not quite. I’m not even sure if the Burgermeister holds that title, but it certainly happened to him, twice, in the original twisted decision.

The Washington Post published a story about the court’s internal deliberations, including a June 1972 memo from Justice William O. Douglas to his colleagues that was “mysteriously leaked.”

Seven months later, Time magazine published the final decision and vote details just hours before the court was due to announce it, the consequence of an early scoop and a delayed ruling

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t take it that way either. I thought @shinobi was implying the guy looks like he needs to support abortion if he ever hopes to have completely consensual, completely sober, sex … with a woman.

4 Likes

I’m not quite sure enough about this guy, Amit Jain, and his smile. Made me go back and take another look.

Yes, very questionable whether he’s going to have to worry about an abortion issue. Truly unappreciated or unappealing of by myself. :blush:

2 Likes

Kill the unborn, kill the jerks on the court. You say potatoe, I say potahto. Maybe this is the “unpack the court” approach instead of packing it.

People say dumb stuff online of course, but some of them get banned and others don’t.

3 Likes
1 Like