CD Discussion Thread

One benefit of brokered CDs - you do not need to keep adding that designation to each CD you open, you only need to have it on your brokerage account.

2 Likes

The only brokerage account I have is Fidelity. Not sure if they have any higher % CD’s available now. But I sure like that idea of only having to list your POD’s on your account once.

So Happy :blush: Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Like

I don’t know about right now, but you should find where they list what’s available, then check it often. New issues should continue to be around 5%, but they get snapped up quickly.

2 Likes

I regret getting in the NASA 48mth 3.85 % train when it came out. You win some, you loose some. Good thing it wasn’t for a very large amount.

3 Likes

atleast your train went far before rates caught up. Mine only lasted a month :wink:

1 Like

Connexus Credit Union has a 15-month Share Certificate Special at 4.85% APY, $5k minimum deposit. Easy membership requirement

2 Likes

Here we are, only 8 days later. And TDAmeritrade has posted three new primary non-callable CD offers, all 5 year terms, yielding 4.15%, 4%, and 3.9%. A full percent lower than their previous 5-year offer a couple weeks ago.

I know we still believe rates are going up, but long term doesnt seem to be participating.

1 Like

You probably know this already, but it’s called yield curve inversion. Not a good sign…

3 Likes

State Bank of Texas now has a 12-month CD Special at 5.00% APY with a $25k minimum deposit, no stated balance cap. Available nationwide.

Link

2 Likes

Long term CD… It’s taken me some time to finally get my funds deposited in Numerica CU for the 5% 59 month CD.

Opened today, maturity 11/5/2027!! Wow :open_mouth:…

2 Likes

Why did it take so long?

Well, first I needed set up routings of the small deposits for connecting banks etc. That was slowed down because Numerica CU gave me the wrong ACH savings number to use. So I had to start over with reconnecting for the small deposits.

Long story but finally when ACH is set up it takes several days because of limited $$ movement. Weekends cause slowdown also.

Frustrating sometimes when you’re worried about an opportunity and time wasted just setting up the details.

I’m once again seeing 5% 5-yr brokered CDs on Fidelity’s fixed income chart…

1 Like

I’m looking at Fidelity, and the top yield for something around a 5-year term is 4.2% on the secondary market, 4.05% for a new issue. Anything with a yield higher than that is callable.

1 Like

This isn’t new, but Navy Fed has a non-special EasyStart certificate that’s 3.83%, 24 months, $50 to open with unlimited add-ons. Cheap insurance.

The special EasyStart requires direct deposit but I don’t see any requirement for the regular EasyStart to have it.

2 Likes

Congrats!

Other than Navy Fed, anyone knows of other good add-on CDs out there? Unfortunately I am not eligible for Navy Fed.

There’s a whole section in Deposit Accounts’ monthly summary for add-on CDs, scroll down:

https://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/cd-rates-survey/

Mountain America is great, 100k max though.

1 Like

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I checked the website out before posting the question. I was not looking at the right direction. Thinking that under the checking for CD rate there would be an option for add-on CD, but they don’t have it. Didn’t think to check the blog section.

Thanks again!

1 Like

there was a 4.25% CD from mybankingdirect .com. Div on NYCB. it was available on Black Fri and the day after. As long as you opened it those 2 days, you were in. I transferred funds from a few other banks and it was all done by 12/5. Does not seen to be found online anywhere but the details of my acct are correct.

1 Like