CD Discussion Thread

Connexus Credit Union has a 15 month 4.85% CD - https://onlinebanking.connexuscu.org/ConnexusPages/ById/19?utm_campaign=share%20cert%20q4

I’ve been with Connexus for a few months and have been happy with them so far.

1 Like

One benefit of brokered CDs - you do not need to keep adding that designation to each CD you open, you only need to have it on your brokerage account.

2 Likes

The only brokerage account I have is Fidelity. Not sure if they have any higher % CD’s available now. But I sure like that idea of only having to list your POD’s on your account once.

So Happy :blush: Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Like

I don’t know about right now, but you should find where they list what’s available, then check it often. New issues should continue to be around 5%, but they get snapped up quickly.

2 Likes

I regret getting in the NASA 48mth 3.85 % train when it came out. You win some, you loose some. Good thing it wasn’t for a very large amount.

3 Likes

atleast your train went far before rates caught up. Mine only lasted a month :wink:

1 Like

Connexus Credit Union has a 15-month Share Certificate Special at 4.85% APY, $5k minimum deposit. Easy membership requirement

2 Likes

Here we are, only 8 days later. And TDAmeritrade has posted three new primary non-callable CD offers, all 5 year terms, yielding 4.15%, 4%, and 3.9%. A full percent lower than their previous 5-year offer a couple weeks ago.

I know we still believe rates are going up, but long term doesnt seem to be participating.

1 Like

You probably know this already, but it’s called yield curve inversion. Not a good sign…

2 Likes