Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

That’s so stupid. Everyone knows that keys and coins get demagnetized by all the background EMF.

““We observed that during illness bats choose to stay away from the colony and don’t leave the cave,” said Prof. Yossi Yovel, head of neuroscience at Tel Aviv University. “This suggests that in order to encounter a sick bat, people must actually invade the bats’ natural environment or eliminate their habitats.””

So, Covidiots are not batty?
Unlike bats, they’re intentionally being assholes trying to endanger others?

news headline

FAUCI SAYS PEOPLE SHOULD KEEP AN OPEN MIND ON VIRUS ORIGIN

It all makes sense. Ill bats, those under the weather, do not venture out or mix; not with other bats and not with us folks.

Hence clearly COVID-19 was conceived and synthesized in a lab and then spread, not by bats but instead, by careless humans who DO venture out and mix when infected.

Ya have to wonder whether the humans might have infected the poor bats! :crazy_face:

Durham Investigation… yes what a joke!

When he first came on the scene, what, 3-4 years ago. Sounded promising, Trump was still in office and this man Durham was on the prowl. Months later, I was waiting to see & hear information. At first small drips were leaking out.

What happened?? Nothing, millions of $$'s, nothing produced. What’s Wrong here??

I wouldn’t be surprised if our government is still paying him. :thinking:

1 Like

Sick people isolate, regardless of their political persuasion. Non-sick (asymptomatic) people don’t, regardless of their political persuasion. The ones that don’t wear masks or wear them incorrectly and go to large indoor events end up becoming super spreaders. Sometimes those people are republicans and sometimes they are democrats. If only republican “covidiots” (your term) were the ones spreading COVID, the data would show that COVID hit deep red areas worse than deep blue areas. Since the data doesn’t show that, it is clear that you don’t have to be a Trump loving “covidiot” to be a super spreader. Human behavior is similar, even across the political spectrum. So blaming covid spread on certain people (that you don’t like because you disagree politically), at this point with the data we have, is quite dishonest. You should stop.

4 Likes

You must live and/or work in Asia, you don’t seem to be familiar with USA work “culture”.

In USA, employers encourage, require, or reward sick people for coming into work and spreading contagion. Whether that’s food service workers with diarrhea handling food or middle management or their favored lackeys coming into an office environment and giving everyone the flu and/or pneumonia.

Employees can be fired in China for taking sick leave without providing a sick leave certificate from a doctor. Paid sick leave is not a thing in Japan. The prevailing ideology in Japan is “if you can walk, you can work.”

In this survey, chinese employees are the most likely to go to work when sick and american employees are the 2nd least likely.

What are you talking about?

I’m sorry if you’ve only worked for slave drivers, but I’ve literally never heard from another person in the workforce that this was the case for them in the US.

4 Likes

Sick people masking up is more common in those other countries, they aren’t as cowardly afraid of it. I don’t work out live in any of them so I can’t speak from experience except in the US.

Being sick does not mean you’re in an ICU. A “minor” cough or sneeze (other than allergies) is usually a viral infection that can cause much more serious illness in coworkers (sinus infection, pneumonia, etc) if one simply spews their fluids in office and common areas.

The article you linked said 48% reported they are likely to go to work in USA with cold and flu symptoms. That’s an insanely high number. You’ve somehow “literally never heard from another person” about 50% of people?

5 Likes

Of course, go off on that tangent to distract from the actual point - whether they do or do not is not based on political persuasion.

4 Likes

If you know a little more about Chi-Com history, this joke is even funnier…

2 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/fauci-says-entirely-conceivable-covid-came-from-cave-where-miners-fell-ill-in-2012/ar-AAKGTKk?li=BBnb7Kz

So now it’s “entirely conceivable” that patient zero was all the way back in 2012? :zipper_mouth_face:

Although investigations are ongoing and the origins of the virus remain unclear, the lab leak theory has gained traction in recent weeks despite some previously dismissing it as a conspiracy theory.

OK, Newsweek, stop pretending you werent one of those adament about dismissing it…

1 Like

Come on Honkinggoose, spit it out… :relaxed:

1 Like

I don’t drink or smoke. Is that a trick question? Minor was in quotes. Because you’re either sick or not, there is no such thing as a “minor” cold or flu with respect to spreading to other people. Someone who is sick should not be in public without taking precautions, which might look like wearing a face covering, but that is not the only option… coughing or sneezing in elbow, avoiding common areas, frequently washing hands, are all measures any sensible people will do. But most people are not sensible.
For respiratory infections though, there is significant data on the effectiveness of masks reducing spread.

I’ve written this before as OP and I’ll do so again:

I appreciate everyone’s posts here. Thank you for posting. However:

Please be respectful of others and play fair. In particular, every poster here has the privilege of withdrawing a post . . any post. It has happened to all of us at one time or another. It is unfair to drag another participant’s post out of the trash and respond to it. Withdrawn posts deserve to be treated like sleeping dogs. Just let 'em lie. Ignore them.

1 Like

Editing is a feature of the forum. So is viewing edits…

Agreed. But when another poster decides actually to withdraw a post, that transcends mere editing. Please be respectful of that decision when your fellow posters make it. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, and then it is specifically rejected from removal and held for 24hrs. That’s how the forum works. Respecting how things work is not disrespectful.