Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

Sorry to hear, hopefully you’re not homeless for long.

1 Like

Should someone tell her? I mean that comment makes absolutely zero sense…
Can’t be me, we’re not on speaking terms :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also I predict someone is gonna die and I hope it’s Kenny. By COVID or maybe by an endotracheal tube or some other medical malfeasance, run over by an ambulance, or maybe even something unrelated, like self-strangulation from being bored in quarantine. I’ve missed this bit from the early seasons.

1-hr isn’t gonna be enough, they need to create a whole season based on our reality, as they often do :smiley:

…as long as it isn’t pre-empted for a Terrance and Phillip special.

Kenny will survive Covid, the ICU, an ambulance accident, being torched by rioters, an injection of bleach, and probably a couple police raids. Only to be taken out by a murder hornet.

2 Likes

Trump mistakenly tells weeping voter her mother died of coronavirus, not cancer

Well that’s just blatantly false.

“I mean as far as your situation with your mother, that is just devastating because I can imagine how you feel and it sounds like a great woman,” Mr Trump began. “The love that you have for your mother, I can see that, it’s hard. And so many people and they die alone. They die alone because this is such a vicious thing. You can’t go there and hold their hand. You can’t give them a kiss good night. It’s a terrible, terrible thing. And hopefully the vaccines are going to be very soon, hopefully. Did you have Covid? You didn’t have it right?”

Lots and lots of people have died alone because of this virus, who never had the virus. It’s been a pretty consistent story line all along, the isolation the terminal ill have been sentenced to in their final days. People nearing death without having Covid, with family member unexposed to Covid, yet being forbidden from being together despite their dire circumstances.

He didnt tell her her mother died of coronavirus. He was talking about her being unable to be with her mother while her mother was dying, because of coronavirus.

1 Like

The way I see it, President Trump was the comforter in this situation. He was kind, considerate, nice & almost loving. A person talking to someone that is grieving for her dead mother, I belive would appreciate the act.

I don’t understand any reason Argyll would post this. I know he wasn’t meaning any kindness to Trump & surly could care less about the grieving women.

Quite sad, in my opinion.

1 Like

Trump’s Coronavirus ‘Herd Mentality’ Claim

““You’ll develop like a herd mentality,” Trump explained. “It’s gonna be herd-developed and that’s gonna happen.””

Observers were stunned by both Trump’s inability to tell the difference as well as the idea that the president may be entertaining herd immunity as a public health strategy:

Estimates are that, if herd immunity is possible, at least 3 million Americans would die without a vaccine." Not to mention the chronic long term problems that millions of people would have, like heart and organ weakness, lung weakness, cognitive problems.

“If you’re asking me when it is going to be generally available to the American public so we can begin to take advantage of vaccine to get back to our regular life, I think we’re probably looking at late second quarter, third quarter 2020,” Redfield said.

So within the next two weeks…

Assuming that’s just a Yahoo typo… Common sense says that the only way it takes another full year, is if today’s leading vaccine contenders all fail. That’s the whole purpose of Operation Warp Speed - the top candidates are already in production, with the goal of having 300 million doses distributed by this January. Failure to approve any of the options is the only thing that will drag this out past this winter.

Approval poses a significant risk, so no, it’s not guaranteed. But all these extended timelines are being based on production and distribution requirements, not approval. Which does make no sense.

PFE saying there’s a good chance they will have proof their vaccine works by late Oct. then it’s however long the FDA wants to take for approval or EUA, as production is already underway.

They already have 30k people in it, and are expanding to 44k or something. And unlike the AZN trial, I haven’t heard any reports of adverse events either which bodes well in its absence.

2 Likes

A Chinese virologist claimed the coronavirus was ‘intentionally’ released. Turns out, she works for a group led by Steve Bannon.

Instead of going to the CDC, WHO, UN, or other governments and agencies, she goes to Steve Bannon, and then on Tucker Carlson’s show, a known non-expert on viruses.

Postal Service Stiffed $20 Million Cost of Delivering Trump COVID-19 Mailer

#TrumpVirus
(Ownership responsibility for the failure results and size of the death count)

Canceling this (along with other discouragement of using the most powerful tool we have/ had) must of been part of the “up-playing” the virus.

1 Like

Former Pence Staffer And COVID-19 Task Force Member Voting For Joe Biden

"Trump once mused that the coronavirus was a good thing because he wouldn’t have to shake hands with as many people.

“I don’t like shaking hands with people,” Troye recalled the president saying. “I don’t have to shake hands with these disgusting people.”

Troye says in the video that she’s a lifelong Republican but would “come home at night and look myself in the mirror and say, ‘Are you really making a difference?’”

“I am voting for Joe Biden because I truly believe we are at a time of constitutional crisis. At this point it’s country over party,” she concluded.

She also said that Trump would regularly blindside the task force and often tossed out statements that were contrary to what the members had discussed in meetings with him. That included his enthusiasm for hydroxychloroquine, his dismissal of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and his opposition to protective masks.

Nearly 200,000 people have died from COVID-19 in the U.S., more than in any other country. "

‘Un-American’ Trump Ripped Over Coronavirus Blue State Death Toll Boast

So, if Russia and China invaded the US and Russia took over the Northeast states, and China took over the West Coast states, Trump would say, “If we just remove those states that have been conquered from the statistics, then we’re winning!”

But also consider what he said is not even true…3 of the top 6 states in terms of deaths have Republican governors and 5 of the top 10 voted for Trump in 2016.

But it doesn’t matter, the President should be working for all Americans, and consider that the blue states are mostly supporting the red states, who get much more Federal aid.

2 Likes

How much worse off is America from COVID-19 than other rich nations? Much, much worse

“Both employment and health outcomes for the U.S. during the pandemic have been worse than in almost any other high-income country in the world.”

Had the U.S. merely matched the average unemployment rate changes among the richest members of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD, “at least 8.6 million more Americans would be employed today.” An equivalent record on COVID-19 deaths per capita would have resulted in the saving of 112,540 American lives.

Among other factors, other countries took steps to ensure that workers were furloughed rather than unemployed, by directly subsidizing payrolls in ways that kept workers connected to their employers and reduced their risk of being permanently let go.

“Every month, we’re seeing that the fraction of American layoffs that are permanent is growing,” Holzer told me. In May, the University of Chicago projected that as many as 42%, or 11.6 million, of all job losses through April 25 due to the pandemic would become permanent.

Total cases per capita are higher in the U.S. than any other OECD country, Holzer writes, and total deaths per capita are higher than in all but four. Those countries are Sweden, which established a policy of deliberately allowing the virus to spread in a fruitless quest for “herd immunity”; Belgium; Britain; and Italy.

New deaths per capita, defined as the latest seven-day average, are higher in the U.S. than in any country other than Israel.

“Different policies definitely could have improved outcomes on both dimensions,” Holzer told me, referring to the economic and health metrics. “It’s not like the virus is completely beyond our control. We did a bad job. It’s that simple.”

When you created your user name did you not know how to spell? Maybe if we start from the back llygra No lyargl No, Maybe just two many letters. :smile:

Do you read anything you copy and paste? Are, or you really a bot? I’ve got it. Are you a Wuhan bot working for Screw Steamer (spelled out for the ignorant, unaware, feeble-minded or scared) Party Candidate Biden. Is your goal, should you decide to accept it, to cover any electronic media with as many lies as your little electronic fingers can post. If you do well, you can graduate to script kiddie.