Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

Post COVID-19 symptoms drive Texas Roadhouse founder to suicide

Even after you have beaten back the virus, you still have not necessarily won. Very sad story. Feel bad for that guy. What a way to go.

I have believed from the beginning, and I posted this VERY FAR up thread, that it is a bad idea to contract this virus . . . even if you live.

I stand by that thinking. Such a sad outcome for this fellow.

1 Like

Things are getting serious - 8pm curfews, lots of police, emergency declared. It’s not covid, it’s not an insurrection, it’s Spring Break in Florida!

https://www.google.com/search?q=spring+break+fl+2021&source=lnms&tbm=isch

1 Like

Chili is hot, but too much can give you chills.

1 Like

https://news.yahoo.com/first-covid-then-psychosis-most-183441534.html

4 Likes

Good post, Argyll. This is the virus from hell. Throughout my long life I’ve never encountered the equal of it on such a broad scale…

The AstraZeneca vaccine is in trouble once again with yet ANOTHER black mark, brand new and unknown prior:

AP: US: AstraZeneca results may have included outdated info

These guys are reminiscent of the gang that can’t shoot straight! It’s screw up after screw up with them. I don’t want their vaccine.

1 Like

This isn’t really new. I heard about the mental difficulties almost a year ago. A fair number of patients are experiencing these things and more.

1 Like

Isn’t this the one that our current President took?

Here is what I was able to find:

On December 21, 2020, then-President-Elect Biden received the first dose of the Pfizer and BioNTech coronavirus vaccine

Biden was administered the shot in his left arm by Ric Cuming, chief nurse executive at ChristianaCare’s Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware.

On January 11, 2021, Biden received the second dose of the Pfizer Covid vaccine on camera, which was part of his administrations effort to reassure the country of the safety of the vaccines.

Biden received the second shot in his left arm, by nurse practitioner Tabe Mase, at ChristianaCare’s Christiana Hospital.

I enjoy your posts, dude, but you’re either the best straight man in years, or …

I prefer to suppose the former. :smile:

Like dis? [NSFW - language :slight_smile: ]

70%+ alcohol kills 99% of viruses… :wink: :crazy_face: :joy:

So are you saying (paraphrase scripta):

“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”

?

1 Like

Many people want the J&J “one shot” vaccine. But be on notice:

Your J&J vaccine might come in a container labelled “Janssen”. Janssen is a subsidiary of J&J. The vaccine contained in those Janssen bottles is the J&J vaccine.

It’s actually even more complicated than that. There are more names involved. Rather than try to explain all this J&J stuff in detail, and the various alternate names, I will instead reference the following:

FDA authorizes J&J partner to help with vaccine production

If you have interest in the J&J vaccine, you might find that a helpful read.

1 Like

The miracle is that the bullet holes are in the wall before the guy starts firing.

2 Likes

The main ingredient is nitric oxide, a chemical made in the human body.

The main ingredient is nitric oxide, a chemical made in the human body.

Also supposedly the main ingredient in the many scammy “male enhancement” supplements you hear commercials for on AM radio :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s why my breath is so fresh! :smile:

1 Like

From the Wall Street Journal. Author is Marty Makary:

Herd Immunity Is Near, Despite Fauci’s Denial

His estimate that it’ll take a 70% to 85% vaccination rate ignores those who have already been infected.

Anthony Fauci has been saying that the country needs to vaccinate 70% to 85% of the population to reach herd immunity from Covid-19. But he inexplicably ignores natural immunity. If you account for previous infections, herd immunity is likely close at hand.

Data from the California Department of Public Health, released earlier this month, show that while only 8.7% of the state’s population has ever tested positive for Covid-19, at least 38.5% of the population has antibodies against the novel coronavirus. Those numbers are from Jan. 30 to Feb. 20. Adjusting for cases between now and then, and accounting for the amount of time it takes for the body to make antibodies, we can estimate that as many as half of Californians have natural immunity today.

The same report found that 45% of people in Los Angeles had Covid-19 antibodies. Again, the number can only be higher today. Between “half and two-thirds of our population has antibodies in it now,” due to Covid exposure or vaccination, Mayor Eric Garcetti said Sunday on “Face the Nation.” That would explain why cases in Los Angeles are down 95% in the past 11 weeks and the positivity rate among those tested is now 1.7%.

Undercounting or removing the many Americans with natural immunity from any tally of herd immunity is a scientific error of omission. When people wonder why President Biden talks about limiting Fourth of July gatherings, it’s because his most prominent medical adviser has dismissed the contribution of natural immunity, artificially extending the timeline.

Many physicians believe that vaccinated immunity will prove more durable than natural immunity. I agree, and I think everyone should get vaccinated. But after a year of millions of Covid-19 cases in the U.S., it’s clear that reinfections are rare. Natural immunity is real and shouldn’t be ignored.

3 Likes