Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

Some cheap generic brand. Not getting what I didn’t pay for, apparently.

1 Like

As you can see in my post above, oysters are an excellent food. Not only do they provide zinc but other vital nutrients like vitamin B 12, selenium, and potassium. They also have a lot of protein with low fat and calories.

The dietary rule may have come about because in the past oysters and other shellfish could be contaminated. But nowadays I think canned oysters are pretty safe. Isn’t there some commission of rabbis that can change these rules?

Otherwise you will have to rely on supplements because there’s not good food sources of zinc as you can see from the table above

Just add eating pennies to your diet along with the light bulbs and bleach.

Just make sure to use the right pennies – 1982 and newer. And remember to chew through the copper coating first – stomach acid won’t eat through it.

2 Likes

That will work for some Jews, but vegetarians, vegans, Seventh Day Adventists, etc. aren’t nearly so “flexible”. :smile:

I take your point, though, and have been eating Costco’s Centrum Silver knockoff for a couple of decades. That, along with some extra “D” during the winter months lets me sleep at night. :laughing:

Just make sure to use the right pennies – 1982 and newer. And remember to chew through the copper coating first – stomach acid won’t eat through it.

Probably will eventually… just not on the first pass.

2 Likes

I too have noticed that not all multivitamins are equal. “Does it have zinc and what does it cost?” are literally my only concerns when picking which multivitamin to buy. I started taking a daily multivitamin with zinc about 3 years ago and noticed I get sick less often each year and when I do get a cold, it seems to last for a shorter time. I wish someone would have pushed me to take a multi-vitamin with zinc sooner in my life.

5 Likes

Zinc, something else to make a difference in one’s diet.

I actually don’t believe I belong to any one of these groups mentioned above so oysters are a nice addition to my dinner meal.

We used to do a lot of ocean fishing along the Oregon coast. Fresh oysters are a delicacy in coastal restaurants, although we never picked them, we did enjoy a meal.

Mentioned above also, the idea of canned oysters being quite safe to eat goes along my thinking. One of the favorites in our household is oyster stew. Alongside the additional zinc is a treat for the evening meal, “homemade oyster stew”. :blush:

1 Like

More unapproved drugs :wink:

Speaking of which, the new Matrix trailer looked quite promising, so maybe #4 is more like #1 than #2-3.

2 Likes

Apparently the group running Facebook’s covid “fact checking” and suppressing any discussion of non-vaccine potential treatments own the better part of $2B in JNJ stock. Hmm.

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1386774098802511875

1 Like

A serious COVID-19 situation is emerging at Elmendorf AFB

AP: Alaska air base declares public health emergency amid COVID

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/some-us-hospitals-forced-to-ration-care-amid-staffing-shortages-covid-19-surge/ar-AAOyRwS?li=BBnb7Kz

So Alaska’s hospitals are full because of covid patients, it’s a crisis forcing people to be turned away.

No where in the article does it state that Alaska is reporting a state-wide total of 204 hospitalized covid patients, with 33 on a vent, while over 300 beds remain available.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/f21f964c046c400baad4ad78e06ceb25/

I still hold that “turned away” really means “transfered to another facility”, and doing so is part of a comprehensive standard protocol that allows hospitals to only maintain a bedcount that allows them to be filled most of the time (ie, “save costs”). Many hospitals’ “standard” capacity doesnt allow for even a minor outlier event without enacting said protocols. It is intentional and by design.

4 Likes

Charlotte NC-area school district decided to follow the science, rather than cave to pressure, and ends precautionary quarantining of students.

So the state threatens to sue them, for…I don’t know what since the state has only issued guidance as to what policies are recommended. But the district has also been scolded by the state for not mandating masks, despite the fact that the state has left the decision on mask policies up to the individual districts. “It isn’t a mandate, we will let you choose for yourself - as long as you chose to do what we want!”

2 Likes

We’ll see how long this lasts. They’re getting beaten up in the local news, with all interviews from “concerned” parents, students, nurses, doctors, politicians, and anyone else who believes they are not “protecting the welfare” of the students.

GOB Gov. Cooper will figure out a way to twist their arms.

Yes, the good governor is happy to follow that line of thinking. With the many, seemingly daily, press briefings during the Covid Crapalooza of last year, he refused to take questions from the biggest news radio station in Charlotte for 14 months, saying it just happened by chance.
Finally.

2 Likes

An interesting segment on yesterday’s Full Measure TV program, Sharyl Attkisson’s show.

This is not new I’m pretty sure. But Sharyl further illuminated the massive COVID fraud being perpetrated on all of us by the “powers that be”. She highlighted, with actual examples, the phony COVID death numbers being promulgated by the mainstream media and also by state and Federal government.

The key is a bright line difference between “death from COVID” and “deaths with COVID”. People with COVID who pass away are being counted as having perished on account of the virus, regardless the real reason for their death.

The most ridiculous actual example Sharyl offered was an unfortunate couple involved in a murder/suicide. Both had COVID. Cause of death was listed as COVID for the man and for the woman as well!

Sharyl estimated that actual USA deaths from COVID are roughly half of the headline numbers blared daily by our lying mainstream media.

2 Likes

Yeah, half is about what my earlier post suggested.

1 Like

Sharyl’s segment did not mention hospitalizations, only deaths . . . but interesting nevertheless. So the numbers blared by the mainstream media, both for deaths AND for hospitalizations, are about double reality. Good to know.

When something like this emerges I ask myself: Why?

Often as not it comes back to $$$$. So who is making big dough thanks to these phony numbers?:

The networks sell advertising more readily when sensational stories attract more viewers and clickers.

The pharmaceutical companies can more easily sell Americans on the idea of vaccinations and later boosters by keeping everyone frightened to death of hospitalization from COVID. Murder/suicides do not sell product . . . . so report all such instances you can as COVID deaths.

And finally, spendthrift politicians can more freely peddle their fetid wares when everyone is scared to death.

And these days, if someone were to die from fright, chances are good a way would be found to report it as a COVID death. :wink:

3 Likes

Does this estimate consider excess mortality? It was ~500K in 2020 and 213K already in 2021 (compared to 2019). I bet most of those excess deaths were actually from COVID.

There aren’t enough people dying from gun violence or accidents to skew the numbers by 50%. Other than the obvious causes of death, do the people who report the statistics have the ability to determine whether someone with COVID died from COVID or from something else? COVID attacks all kinds of organs, not just the lungs. If a cancer patient died with COVID, would you say they died because of COVID or because of cancer? Probably not so easy to tell if they could have lived longer with cancer if they did not catch COVID.

The article from the Atlantic, quoted by xerty at post 5852 also considers Covid statistics and comes to a similar conclusion: they were inflated by about two times. The Atlantic is not a right wing magazine.

here’s a quote from the article

But the study also demonstrates that hospitalization rates for COVID, as cited by journalists and policy makers, can be misleading, if not considered carefully. Clearly many patients right now are seriously ill. We also know that overcrowding of hospitals by COVID patients with even mild illness can have negative implications for patients in need of other care. At the same time, this study suggests that COVID hospitalization tallies can’t be taken as a simple measure of the prevalence of severe or even moderate disease, because they might inflate the true numbers by a factor of two. “As we look to shift from cases to hospitalizations as a metric to drive policy and assess level of risk to a community or state or country,” Doron told me, referring to decisions about school closures, business restrictions, mask requirements, and so on, “we should refine the definition of hospitalization . Those patients who are there with rather than from COVID don’t belong in the metric.”

2 Likes

Vaccines will be required for international air travel under some new federal guidelines. Unsurprisingly, refugees who walk across the border are welcome without tests or vaccines, so much so that Biden is trying to import twice as many.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/573078-biden-to-raise-refugee-cap-to-125000-in-october

It would be terrible if we had to turn back all the kids we’d been encouraging to show up on the southern border just because they couldn’t be vaccinated. And all because some bureaucrats at the FDA wouldn’t listen to The Big Guy and approve the vaccines he wants for 0-12 year olds…

3 Likes