Investment impact of Russia Ukraine crisis

Well Sam, ahem, her trip might be the easiest to justify. She has to figure out how to secretly print the money that we’re giving away. :smile:

Evil far right peace-mongers

the anti-war right views this debate as an either/or proposition: either Washington stops intervening in foreign conflicts and repairs our infrastructure, forces manufacturers not to off-shore jobs, breaks up Big Tech, ends progressive dominance of the social media algorithm, and restores sanity to our politics and culture. Or it keeps wasting blood and treasure overseas, and America continues down its path of decline.

No one summed up this choice better than Republican Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri when he said last week: “I would just say to Republicans, ‘You can either be the party of Ukraine and the globalists, or you can be the party of East Palestine and the working people of this country.’ ”

2 Likes

“If you paid your 10%, you don’t get sanctioned”, the oligarch edition.

Yevtushenkov and Baturina partnered with Hunter Biden while searching for US property investments while Joe Biden was vice president, according to communications from Hunter Biden’s abandoned laptop and witnesses who spoke with The Post.

Yevtushenkov allegedly expressed interest in courting the powerful political family for reciprocal “favors” and Baturina allegedly dined in 2015 with then-Vice President Joe Biden and a group including other Hunter Biden associates from Ukraine and Kazakhstan.

“I think it’s very fishy,” a source with firsthand knowledge of the relationship between Hunter Biden and Yevtushenkov told The Post — noting that the oligarch, estimated by Forbes to be worth $1.7 billion, is sanctioned by the UK and Australia but not by the US.

1 Like

Say it’s not so - even NYT now admits it wasn’t the Russians that blew up their own nat gas sales pipeline. Who would have thought?

• NEW INTELLIGENCE REVIEWED BY U.S. OFFICIALS SUGGESTS THAT A PRO-UKRAINIAN GROUP CARRIED OUT ATTACK ON NORD STREAM PIPELINES LAST YEAR - NYT
  • U.S. OFFICIALS SAID THAT THEY HAD NO EVIDENCE PRESIDENT ZELENSKIY OR HIS TOP LIEUTENANTS WERE INVOLVED IN THE OPERATION- NYT

(re:Zelensky, i’m sure they didnt look very hard)

I guess the US Navy is a “Pro Ukrainian group”, ala Seymore Hersh’s investigation earlier, if you read this NYT article the right way :wink: .

1 Like

bump

more drama incoming

• RUSSIA’S DEPUTY UN ENVOY: THE NEW YORK TIMES REPORT ON THE NORD STREAM PIPELINES ATTACK JUSTIFIES A RUSSIAN PUSH FOR THE UN TO ESTABLISH AN INDEPENDENT INQUIRY

• GERMAN DETECTIVES RAIDED A SHIP SUSPECTED OF BEING LINKED TO THE NORD STREAM EXPLOSION IN JANUARY, ACCORDING TO GERMAN MEDIA CITING FEDERAL PROSECUTORS.

• THERE IS SPECULATION THAT THE SHIP WAS USED TO TRANSFER EXPLOSIVES TO THE NORD STREAM PIPELINE, ACCORDING TO GERMAN MEDIA CITING FEDERAL PROSECUTORS.

• RUSSIA INTENDS TO MOTHBALL DAMAGED PIPELINES FOR NORD STREAM GAS PIPELINES - SOURCES.

1 Like

Nasdaq trying to delist the non-sanctioned but more Russian-affiliated than they’d like stocks. YNDX QIWI OZON. Several are appealing.

https://www.usnews.com/news/technology/articles/2023-03-15/nasdaq-to-delist-russian-internet-giant-yandex-company

I don’t think even if they are delisted they will be allowed to trade in the US.

That just sucks! No, it actually sucks donkey balls. What is most irritating is that I did not get gen an alert from my broker. :hot_face: I was aware of their situation, but it would seem the least that my broker/borker would do is post an alert to my email/acct.

Thank you, Vanguard, for your continued ultra-personal service. Obviously, seven figures is not enough to provide alerts to your clients. It only keeps them from being charged for paper statements.

Tanks - peace requires more tanks. And also uranium shells to make sure whoever lives in the Ukraine later gets nasty cancers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/03/21/abrams-tanks-ukraine/

1 Like

The US strategy of fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian seems to be running low on willing Ukrainians.

1 Like

All I’ve heard about are the multitude of stories about Russian’s leaving the country to avoid the war, and how they’re having to threaten to shoot their current soldiers to keep then in the ranks. Since Ukraine has been decimating the Russians, I’m shocked that they are running low on soldiers or volunteers.

And can then sue the people who saved them?

Clearly they’ve been decimating each other. The difference, as far as I know, is that even though Ukraine immediately prohibited all men under 60 from leaving the country, they’ve only recruited volunteers to fight. Russia actually drafted 300,000 men (in addition to their existing ranks, which I don’t know if they were volunteers or included mandatory service), and is probably planning to draft more.

2 Likes

Hersh update on the pipeline

Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh published an article on Substack on Wednesday that said the CIA was instructed to come up with a cover story for the Nord Stream bombings that was fed to The New York Times and the German newspaper Die Zeit.

The cover-up story was created to shift blame from the US after Hersh’s bombshell report published on February 8 that said President Biden ordered the attack on the Nord Stream natural gas pipelines, which connect Russia to Germany. “It was a total fabrication by American intelligence that was passed along to the Germans, and aimed at discrediting your story,” Hersh was told by a source within the American intelligence community.

Hersh said that the CIA was ordered to come up with a cover story after President Biden met with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in Washington on March 3… “I was told by someone with access to diplomatic intelligence that there was a discussion of the pipeline exposé and, as a result, certain elements in the Central Intelligence Agency were asked to prepare a cover story in collaboration with German intelligence that would provide the American and German press with an alternative version for the destruction of Nord Stream 2.”

The result of the CIA’s work was published in The New York Times and Die Zeiton March 7. The New York Times report was very vague and said US officials are now claiming the Nord Stream bombings might have been carried out by a “pro-Ukrainian group.”

Hersh said the information The New York Times received “originated with a group of CIA experts in deception and propaganda whose mission was to feed the newspaper a cover story—and to protect a president who made an unwise decision and is now lying about it.”

1 Like

Clearly? What have you been seeing/reading/hearing? The VAST majority of reports that I’ve read/heard have indicated that the Russians are killing women, children, and the aged/infirmed, while the Ukrainians have been cleaning the clocks of the Russian regiments.

Just the casualty counts. They both claim to have killed some multiple of each other’s official confirmed casualties (for example, both sides claim they lost X of their own and killed 10X of the enemy) The truth must be somewhere in the middle on both sides, since it’s in their self-interest to under-report their own casualties and over-report enemy casualties.

Because those are crimes against humanity. They’re only allowed to kill armed soldiers.

Also I was wrong, the 300K draft last year doesn’t include 50K mercenaries, and another 200K were drafted last month.

2 Likes
1 Like

Amazingly, I’ve never seen the casualty counts advertised/publicized . Instead, the headlines lead me to believe that Russia has almost zero males between fourteen and thirty years old who can fight, and don’t want to commit suicide instead of fighting.

i understand that the above may be slightly off due to lack of checking the desired gender, occupation, hair color, shoe size, weight, birth month / astrological sign, etc.

Finland joins NATO

2 Likes

Putin → Make NATO relevant again!

1 Like