Keesler Federal Credit Union

Like a 3%/$25k checking account? :wink:

3 Likes

I’m into their Rewards Card, as you are. But I hate the 12 $3.00+ debit card route attached to the deal.

So what to do? Nothing easy…

Just a reminder for purchasers of the Keesler 30 month step-up CDs that some of us acquired. I’ve got one maturing this week.

I received no notice regarding it’s maturity, other than what is provided on monthly statements. To boot, it will automatically re-invest at the prevailing (sad) KFCU rate, and you’ve only got 10 days to unwind that re-investment before penalties kick in. If you don’t undo it before the 10 day “grace” period, you’re on the hook for what may be onerous EWPs. They are not particularly clear on the minimum EWP, but it appears that they have wiggle room if properly motivated.

The above, vagaries notwithstanding, is meant as a reminder to check your maturity dates, set a calendar reminder for those dates, and move the money before it gets renewed.

Even with the above, seemingly dire warnings, these last six months at 4.11 are smile makers.

3 Likes

FYI, I received a online notice about 30 days prior to maturity. Including a form to give them instructions about what to do when it matures.

Thanks. I’m glad to see that they are monitoring these forums. :smile:

You sure you didnt just miss it? It wasnt through the messaging system, it was a document. Had it been a week earlier, I would’ve dismissed the new document notification as the notice for my monthly statement. If you log in and look, I’d bet it is there.

Did you get any notification via e-mail that you had a new document? I mean, if they stick a document in there without telling anyone, I could have missed it and will check on the weekend. But I do not have time to check every place that each of my financial institutions could place a document.

I’ve got another one maturing in June, and will look to see if I get a notice in the doc section at the end of the month.

Yes. It was the same notification as when the monthly statement is ready. As I said, had it been a week earlier (closer to the first of the month), I would’ve ignored it assuming it was the statement notification.

1 Like

Aha! I don’t get a notification about my monthly statement because I get paper statements. Do you get the ?quarterly? newsletter online as well, or do they snail mail it?

Keesler continues to delight :smile:

Keesler has ACH down to a science. They are even better, in some ways, than Alliant.

I’m constantly moving funds, via ACH, from Keesler to Ally Bank on a same day basis. OK, maybe it’s just that I’m easily amused. Such as that can happen, I concede.

But Keesler has the ability to make the same day thing take place even when they receive the ACH order fairly late in the day!

I love these guys.

Keesler Federal Credit Union: The Pet Rock of credit unions! :grin:

If you are sufficiently fortunate to have a Keesler membership, treasure it, nurture it, and never give it up.

ETA

Sorry. I should have made crystal clear the ACHs above referred to are initiated at Keesler.

3 Likes

I’m thinking about a Keesler 1 yr first step share cd that’s maturing 7/10/22. Kinda forgot about this one until I received a Pre-maturity Notice a couple days ago.

Current balance is very large and I’m asking for advice on what to do with these $$’s. Over on Ken’s deposits site it seems like folks are suggesting waiting until 5% CD’s start showing up.

I would appreciate any suggestions from our very knowledgeable crew. Hopefully :pray: , our percentage rates don’t start tanking. :blush:

It’s up to you Patty, but I’d hold cash for the next couple of months in a high yield savings account or no-penalty CD until rates start to settle down.

It is widely agreed that the fed will raise rates another 75 basis points and that’ll cause CDs to see a nice bump. There will likely be a few smaller rate hikes in the fall. My father is in a similar position to yours - he is retired and has a couple larger CDs maturing in the next couple of weeks. I’ve advised him to hold the proceeds in a liquid account until November-ish.

I think it’s extremely unlikely that we’ll see rates fall before then.

2 Likes

We’ve already been assured that there will be 4% CDs within 2 months of now. :wink:

2 Likes

Keesler continues to do a great job for me with ACH. Three separate times this week, including even today (Friday), Keesler moved money from my Keesler account to Ally Bank online savings the same day. These ACHs were initiated at Keesler.

Same day ACH is pretty cool. Not sure I ever believed I would live long enough to experience it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Problem now is maturing Keesler CD’s. Just had one maturing this past weekend. Undecided as to whether hanging onto $$’s in savings 1.60% or Langley 33 mo cd @ 3.25%.

I’m not sure if 4% CD’s are really close to becoming available. Folks seem to think :thinking: pretty good possibility. Remember that old saying, “bird in hand”.

2 Likes

I think your “bird in hand” is going to be good for at least the next six months, if not more. I just don’t see rates falling anywhere in the short term, even if we dip into a recession.

Take your time and watch rates, and be ready to pull the trigger on one of those higher rate CDs late this fall.