Let's Compare: 5% Credit Card Rotating Quarterly Rewards

Chase is offering 5% back at grocery stores this quarter so who cares about the Dividend card. And also cashback on “select streaming services”. Maybe it’s Netflix. Or maybe it’s not. :man_shrugging: Wankers.

I had the same issue. I went to redeem rewards, and in there I found a link on the top right side of the page to activate but even that was not straightforward. It seemed to be a broken link and eventually had me re-login before I was finally offered a valid link to activate the 5%. They no longer send me an email link to activate. On top of the constant offers to convert to TYP card, its clear what Citi is doing to prevent you from getting the 5% cashback.

They have 5% on Amazon purchases… and on drugstore purchases too.

1 Like

Netflix is included on the list of select streaming services.

There is also a minimum amount to redeem, and if you have not reached it (or redeemed and have stranded rewards), you may wish to put some more spending on this card even though you could get 5% on that spendiing in another way.

Are you really employed by CITIbank?

Discover has added Home Depot for June. I don’t remember seeing any email about it. Just logged into my account and saw a pop-up.

5 Likes

Bump. Q3 known for all issuers. Nusenda added for Q3/Q4.

1 Like

Chase adds Sapphire Preferred & Sapphire Reserve to a unique Q3 rotation - different from Freedom’s 5x up to $1500 on Amazon & Whole Foods.

Reserve: 5x Instacart up to $3000 spend. 5x gas up to $1500 spend. 10x streaming up to $1500 spend.

Preferred: 3x Instacart up to $3000 spend. 3x gas up to $1500 spend. 5x streaming up to $1500 spend.

4 Likes

I guess they had to spice things up for the sapphire travel cards since many people have reduced/no spending in the travel categories these days.

Thanks for the update.

Received this on one of my chase freedom cards, appears to be in addition to normal quarterly rewards. YMMV?

get 5% total cash back rewards on up to $2,000 in combined spending made with your Chase Freedom® card from July 1-Sept. 30, 2020 in select categories:*
Utilities\ 80x105 Insurance\ 80x105 Phone Services\ 80x120

Cable\ 80x105 Internet\ 80x105

3 Likes

Nice! I could use some help with AC bill this month. I may need the insurance part too since I need to add DD to our policy after she gets her license (not looking forward to it if it’s like for our first child).

email? website? (Or under chase offers?)
Only on one of your cards not all of them?

1 Like

Came as an email with an activation link/button. Only received on my card, my wife did not receive on her freedom card. I was thinking I would see an email for hers as well, but now I am thinking maybe it is just a random offer, not widely sent :frowning:

It seems like there’s too many temporary category bonuses to track and manage right now…

Did you have to login after clicking the link button? If so, double check that the link actually went to Chase.

It’s discussed here:

1 Like

It’s already defined correctly on the Q4 calendar, but I just realized that the Discover’s Q4 categories include online only for walmart.com and target.com, not B&M.

2 Likes

Update for Citi Dividend 4Q: Best Buy (In-store & online) and Warehouse Clubs (online only).

Guess I’ll stock up on Costco cards with whatever I have left of my $300 this year.

2 Likes

Not bad. Online should cover Sams curbside pickup?

I’m expecting citi to soon force-convert the dividend card to a cash rewards card and then cancel my card when I don’t use it, like they have already done to the two other Citi cards I had. I already receive mailers just about every week offering a voluntary “upgrade”.

1 Like