Minimizing financial impacts of being put in police custody?

In NYS cops CANNOT enter your phone without a warrant.

Im pretty sure im going to lawyer up as soon as they ask me any questions ref to any crime (unless bike incident above).

In the jail we really did let ppl call for bail. More than once lotsa times. We want them out asap. We got paid the same amount to watch 5 inmate as we did to watch 15. Plus by being cool tp them. It Alleviated some of their anxiety. Which means they were much less likely to be assholes I want to fight.

Before the jail took credit cards cash advance or debit cards. We even loaded a guy in to the cop car. Took him to the atm n he got his own bail money. Once the COs paid the $25 fishing with no license bail just to get whoever out of jail.

Yes sir no sir goes a long way with the police. (Need to express “i refuse to talk until my lawyer is here”)

Yes sir no sir goes a long way in jail.

2 Likes

As for inspection or expired reg ticket. We wrote those often. Rural area with small villages. Judges are elected n not even lawyers so they didnt care.

Especially with road checks. Everybody gets written basically.

2 Likes

And even moreso since last summer it seems.

https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/813118

4 Likes

That is amazing. I wonder what is the reason? Maybe the Democrat run big cities are counting drive-by shootings as traffic deaths?

Edit:
It looks like my joke was wrong. Here’s what the NHTSA website linked above says

The category that generally decreased was older people (65 and older), down 9 percent. In addition, the increas- ing trend of the total fatality rate per 100 million VMT from March to December 2020, was strongly driven by the increases in fatality rate per 100 million VMT on rural local/collector roads, as well as rural and urban arterial roadways.

1 Like

All the privileged racist white guys enjoy plowing into minority-driven cars, then claiming they didn’t see the car because it had a busted taillight.

1 Like