Monkey pox discussion

If the guy in the top pic is bisexual, y’all are fucked.

A review of testing and background on the monkey pox vaccines and drugs. In short, most have not be tested in human trials, only animal studies. For the smallpox ones, side effects were notably more common. We’re making it up as we go, but maybe now we’ll find out if this stuff works.

1 Like

Got an appointment for one on Friday. Just in case I get invited to any gay orgies at 55, lol.

5 Likes

Apparently the NYC health official didn’t play his part as the “speak no evil” monkey. He was removed from his position for emphasizing the sexual transmission risk.

”Monkeypox in NYC is a sexually transmitted infection. Not communicating this clearly and often is a public health failure,” Weiss said in the letter to Vasan.

“DOHMH continues to emphasize skin-to-skin contact as the major risk and have now dangerously suggested that sex is not a risk, as long as you don’t kiss and cover your sores. This is completely contrary to the evidence.”

4 Likes

10,000 . . . . . and counting!

1 Like

I suspect the goal is to make it widespread in the general population. Then, all kinds of restrictions can be enacted.

Some progress in New Orleans on vaccination. Two local gay bars hosted vaccination clinics this week, with lines around the block. And some healthcare groups have it by appointment. I feel like our community is taking it pretty seriously. Our annual gay festival Southern Decadence is coming up Labor Day weekend, and it gets pretty frisky if one is so inclined.

Better to get ahead of it now. New Orleans always gets blamed for drunken super-spreader events, lol.

2 Likes

The state of OR may care about stopping the pox, but you sure couldn’t get any useful information out of this whole word salad. Did he have Kalama as his speech writer or something?

Q: …resisting stigmatization and shame and blame while also still targeting those most at risk right now with resources?

A: Menza: It’s quite the challenge. What we’ve been trying to do as best as we can is stick with what we know. In the United States, we know that people assigned male at birth who have sex with men and people assigned female at birth , including at least one pregnant person, have been affected by hMPXV

Sex is not mentioned, nor is “monkey pox”, because “stigma” i guess.

We do need public health experts. Their work, when done well, is important. But the field is full of leftist weirdos who let ideology get in the way of facts and who can’t help themselves from putting their thumbs on the scale to promote their preferred ideological outcomes. As a result, many of them are incapable of doing their jobs properly,

I heard the WHO was working late this weekend on rebranding monkey pox as something else, “hMPXV” perhaps, which will do F all for stopping it. Defund those clowns!

3 Likes

Pox cases show no signs of slowing.

2 Likes

Keep your dog out of your gay orgies, he can get it too.

1 Like

Better keep that dog out of the dog park for a while :slight_smile:

Timeline of pox recovery on a face / mouth outbreak.

1 Like

The struggle against bureaucratic incompetence continues post covid.

https://archive.ph/n70Yl

• CDC Head Releases Agency Overhaul Plan After Pandemic Missteps

• Cdc’s Walensky Says Agency ‘Did Not Reliably Meet Expectations’

1 Like

Nola gay street party/concert organizer cancels due to MP risk. And overview of USG response. Gift link.

https://wapo.st/3ppl5WS

2 Likes

This is not in the least funny

That poor guy is in a world of trouble.

1 Like
1 Like

i really hope this virus doesn’t jump from the stereotypes above or we’re all in trouble!

They can stigmatize it all they want, as long as the end result is getting shots into the arms of the most vulnerable populations first. To stigmatize it, without prioritizing any resources, is just being mean.

2 Likes

Sounds like the pox was one of his smaller issues.

which revealed he also had undiagnosed syphilis and HIV.
His syphilis had gone so long undetected that it spread to multiple organs; meanwhile, tests confirmed that his HIV infection had developed into AIDS.

That’s disgusting. Joe Biden goes from a dog with problems at one end to the other.