Poll: Vote now in this race to the bottom

And my point isnt “anything goes”. There’s a difference between safety and comfort. Everyone should be physically safe at work (not considering the inherent risks of some dangerous jobs, of course). But when there’s differences of opinion on what people are comfortable with, it should be at the owner’s discretion. I object to “his comments made me uncomfortable” being a cause of action, not “he tried to rape me”.

You’re just not progressive enough. “He made me uncomfortable” should mean the boss is fired and the accuser gets 6-7 figure legal settlements or else some internet mob will be called to boycott your business and harass your customers / suppliers.

3 Likes

Knives are out - deBlasio calling for Cuomo’s resignation.

1 Like

And yet, in our poll, 71% of voters continue to believe Cuomo will survive.

Being a Democrat means never having to resign . . . . never, ever!!

Incidentally, as an aside, the poll remains open and anyone who already voted is free to change his or her vote . . . . you know . . . . in light of recent events. :wink:

1 Like

No, but your poll does not include “won’t run for reelection” as an option, which is more likely result. Nevermind your Rasmussen- level slanted wording of the question.

Just accusations of impropriety should not be enough to force someone from office. It’s sad you can equate that to the level of there being actual lawsuits ongoing for actual rape (Ex-president) and copious amounts of video evidence ( not of rape, but of things Cuomo is accused).
No, if the accusations are true, they are not OK either. But clearly it is nowhere near the front of the pack in a “race to the bottom.”

And eating at a restaurant doesn’t even enter the same “race” event.

I agree accusations shouldnt prompt resignation. Most of what’s currently considered to be “improprieties” shouldnt result in resignation.

What you are ignoring is that Shin isnt being hypocritical, he’s drawing the line between in and out of office, and what is known before and after being elected. Everything you mention regarding Trump was already on the table when he was elected. You can disagree with the voters, or think they’re just stupid, but their votes were informed on the subject when cast. Contrary, no one has voted for Cuomo with these accusations and his alleged behavior being part of the deicsion making process.

Resignation seems to be an equally extreme response as ‘just ignore it’. I think it’s a case of getting what you paid for - voters elected their Democratic darling, and are now stuck with their disgraced Democratic darling for the rest of the term. The next election, if Cuomo runs, will now consist of informed votes. And if he were to win, it’d then put Cuomo on par with Trump. But until then you cant equate the two.

4 Likes

The alleged assault took place in Albany, the state capital of New York State. Thus it becomes a matter for the Albany police:

Albany Police Offer Assistance To Cuomo Accusers

Pressure continues to intensify for Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign, and the Albany mayor is offering police assistance to the women who feel they have been harassed by the governor. CBS2’s Political Reporter Marcia Kramer has the latest.

### Video Transcript

MARY CALVI: Pressure intensifying on Governor Cuomo to resign, and an offer of police assistance for women who feel they’ve been harassed by the governor as the chief executive faces new allegations that even he calls gut wrenching. CBS 2 Political Reporter Marcia Kramer with more now.

MARCIA KRAMER: Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan becomes the latest to jump into the Andrew Cuomo sexual harassment saga amid allegations the governor groped an aide in his private quarters at the executive mansion. Sheehan tweeting that the Albany police are quote “ready to assist any victim who seeks to come forward.”

Sheehan apparently extending the offer to women afraid to tell their stories, as well as the most recent unidentified staffer, who according to the Albany Times Union, have been called to the mansion under the pretext of having to assist the governor with a minor technical issue involving his cell phone. The report says, quote “they were alone in Cuomo’s private residence on the second floor of the mansion when he closed the door and allegedly reached under her blouse and began to fondle her.”

The allegations reportedly came to light a week ago when other staffers noticed a woman crying while watching Governor Cuomo publicly deny he ever touched anyone inappropriately.

ANDREW CUOMO: I never touched anyone inappropriately.

MARCIA KRAMER: It’s unclear if the woman in question has spoken to probers for Attorney General Tish James, but sources say she has hired an attorney. The governor flatly denied the latest charges saying, quote, “I have never done anything like this. The details of this report are gut-wrenching. I am not going to speak to the specifics of this or any other allegation given the ongoing review, but I am confident in the results of the Attorney General’s report.”

The latest allegations appeared to be the last straw for some, intensifying calls for Cuomo to step aside or possibly be forced out. Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie issuing a statement saying that in light of the new charges, quote, “I will be meeting with members in conference today on potential paths forward.”

One path could mean an assembly vote to impeach the governor.

- The specific allegation the governor called an employee of his, someone who he had power over, called them to a private place and then sexually assaulted her is absolutely unacceptable. It is disgusting to me. And he can no longer serve as governor.

MARCIA KRAMER: Meanwhile, the governor is still trying to act like it’s business as usual. He put out a press release lifting the quarantine for domestic travel. I’m Marcia Kramer, CBS 2 News.

MARY CALVI: 55 legislators have issued a statement calling for the governor to resign.

Eh… the Cuomo family’s corruption and escapades are well known by New Yorkers. Yes, the Republican Revolution of 1994 helped George Pataki defeat Mario, but even a cursory search will show you that this family and corruption go together like peanut butter and chocolate and was a large contributor to his defeat.

That his son is now in trouble comes as a surprise to no one in New York.

Frankly, it is a prerequisite to be corrupt to win election in many parts of New York State. There’s Eliot Spitzer as a prime example, but there are others lesser-known to folks outside the state (like Assembly Majority leader Shelly Silver and Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno) that stink to high heaven.

Andy is trying to pull a Trump, but Andy’s problem is that he doesn’t have the rabid following Trump has. None of the power brokers in NYS are afraid of him, and the electorate is willing to cut him loose.

1 Like

Oh, for sure. But this is an isolated issue, that has yet to be part of his election dossier.

I do find it rather convenient that all these accusations start to come out right when he’s starting to fall out of favor. Were the accusers being muffled while Cuomo was their darling? Or are the accusations being whipped up now that he is not?

2 Likes

These rabid supporters with TDS need some help.
Maybe they should get vaccinated.
Biden is getting out vaccines to everyone for the Trump virus, hopefully that helps them.

To be clear, I am one of the “RINO” conservatives that Trump seems to despise worse than Cryin’ Chuck and Crazy Nancy.

I have no love loss for either DJT or the Cuomo family. In this case, Cuomo should show himself out - if not, then the state legislature should do it for him should these cases be credible.

3 Likes

Are you talking about yourself?

Cuomo is really a straightforward matter for New York Democrats provided they have the stones.

Unlike with a POTUS, once Cuomo is impeached he must yield power immediately until a proper investigation takes place. This would get Cuomo off the stage and allow time for the New York AG to conduct her albeit restricted investigation. The NY Lt. Governor would stand in for Cuomo while he was waiting for a decision, a ruling, on his behavior.

The NY Lt. Governor is a solid Democrat, but one problem: she is from upstate NY. There also is this matter:

With Cuomo out at least temporarily, would the Lt. Governor take off the restrictions Cuomo placed on the NY AG when he authorized her investigation of . . . himself? It could become interesting, and you can see why controlling Democrats might not have the courage to impeach Cuomo. :wink:

1 Like

Don’t you luv this poster??

Biden didn’t even have the guts tonight to give Trump credit for````` anything. Biden the loser of the day!!

2 Likes

More people are voting (see OP). But there still is not a single vote on the Newsom line. Now, this:

Newsom Recall Effort Organizers Announce Over 2 Million Signatures Collected, Reaching Goal

Late Wednesday night, the group organizing the recall of California Governor Gavin Newsom announced it had collected over 2 million signatures.

Orrin Heatlie, Chairman of The California Patriot Coalition, RecallGavin2020 Committee said in a statement, “The People of California are speaking loud and clear. We have cleared another milestone. Politics as usual in California are over as we know it to be.”

About 1,500,000 signatures are needed to trigger a recall election under state law. From the start, organizers have set out with a goal of collecting 2 million signatures in order to assure they had enough verifiable submissions. The total number collected thus far is 2,060,000, according to the campaign’s senior advisor Randy Economy.

“The People are in charge of California, not political operatives,” Economy tweeted. “The People are changing California.”

The signatures will be looked at by officials in each of California’s 58 counties to ensure their legitimacy. According to a California Patriot Coalition press release, 1,871,573 signatures have been pre-verified internally through an outside third party vendor. The signatures will now go to registrar of voter offices in each of California’s 58 counties for verification there. The press release says that 1,800,000 signatures have already been turned in to county officials.

Organizers have until March 17 to gather signatures.Election officials have until April 29 to verify them. If more than 1,497,000 are valid,

Earlier media reports pegged validations by local officials running above 80%, supposedly a high number which, if it continues, would mean the effort will more than qualify. If there is a recall election, it will most likely be in November and feature just two questions on the ballot: “Should Gavin Newsom be recalled?” and another asking voters to choose a replacement.

When asked about the recall, Newsom has repeatedly demurred, saying he was focusing on the work before him as governor. But in his State of the State speech Tuesday night, he seemed to speak directly to the recall effort: “So to the California critics, who are promoting partisan power grabs and outdated prejudices and rejecting everything that makes California great, we say this: We will not be distracted from getting shots in arms and our economy booming again.”

The governor has been barnstorming the state for weeks visiting Covid-19 vaccination clinics and announcing the reopenings of schools in the state, theme parks, restaurants and generally loosening the restrictions that have many Californians so angry.

One of the comments:

This isn’t a partisan issue. Simply ask yourself “What has gotten better since he took office?” Show us the data why kids couldn’t go back to school, business closed, beaches closed, etc… It doesn’t exist. Here’s some important facts. Highest State Income Tax in our Nation. One of the Highest State Sales Tax in our Nation. One of the Highest State Property Tax in our Nation. Bullet train to nowhere. $1 Billion Purchase of Faulty Masks from China, instead of American Made. $315 Million Taxpayer Dollars on Second Order of Masks from Same China Company. $1.3 Trillion State Debt.

1 Like

Oh my goodness!!

Both NY US Senators Schumer AND Gillibrand have just come out demanding that Cuomo resign!!

Guys, this could be it.

Yet, in our poll, over two thirds of voters continue to believe Cuomo will survive.

You may still change your vote. But if Cuomo resigns I will close the poll and your vote will be locked in.

I don’t know that they demanded. Their statement basically says the controversy has left him unable to lead effectively, and that is why he should resign.

That’s pretty much intentionally throwing him under the bus, since a statement of support would’ve reestablished NYer’s confidence in his leadership.

I’m no Cuomo fan, but it’s particularly interesting to watch the Democrats start to eat their own.

Au contraire. Trump has full credit for over 500k excess deaths and an unnecessarily deep and sustained economic trench.

Oh please save us. Blah, blah,blah… :wink:

3 Likes

That’s what he’s trying to do Can Joe Biden Be America's Healer in Chief? | Opinion