Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

Oh how nice it would be if half of America would just stop visiting the Disney parks. The crowds are unbearable! :wink:

1 Like

Rest assured your wish has already become their command!

But pursuant to that, everything I have been seeing relates to Florida. I have read nothing whatsoever regarding California, where grooming is embraced after all by nearly everyone. :wink:

3 Likes

This really bothers me. I show an interest in a young girl, being friendly, offering to help her, treating her like a person rather than as a child, and I’m labeled as creepy, suspicious, inappropriate, “grooming” her, and a slew of increasingly derogatory slurs that make me the scum of society.

Meanwhile those same people chastising me are insisting that they be allowed to play an active role in “helping” to turn little boys into little girls and teaching them about sexuality in elementary school directly against their parents wishes.

I’m pretty certain my taking a twelve year old girl out to dinner is easily the more innocent and appropriate interaction of the two, by an obscenely large margin. Sure, there’s a risk I could head down a path that becomes very wrong very quickly, but the end of that path is where those lunatics are starting at.

(No, I’m not referring to my own personal experience. This is merely illustrative.)

1 Like

The remarkable part, to me, is that the Florida law does not at all include the entirety of elementary school. It goes only up to the conclusion of the third grade for goodness sake!!

This means the groomers, to include as well their mainstream media supporters, are raising a nationwide fuss over not having access to really really little kids.

That is not merely wrong. That is SICK!!
:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

There’s your problem, Glitch . You need to switch sides. Join NAMBLA and you’ll be free from ridicule.

2 Likes

I did not know that when I wrote my comment.

After reading about all of their personal losses, and the venom which came from students and college staff, I can understand the Gibsons’ desire to put it behind them. Although not in their shoes, I might be inclined to spend 10% of that payout suing the individuals for slander and libel. I’d do this with the full expectation of not recovering any amount close to my legal expenses.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter about CA. Not only is Disneyland a postage stamp sized park compared to Disney World, it’s CA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bari Weiss’s podcast covered this story right before Oberlin gave up their appeal. I had been following this for a couple years, so I knew about most of the details, but hearing the interviews from the Gibson family members was a nice addition, so if you are interested, I recommend this:

It’s not one sided. They got some people on the side of the protestors on the podcast too.

SPOILER ALERT:

Summary

The worst part of the podcast was the very end when the person they were interviewing from the Oberlin side of the argument (the person wasn’t officially from Oberlin - they declined to participate), essentially explains (in their twisted logic) that even though it has been proven that there was no racism involved in the incident that led to Gibson’s being protested and dropped as a vendor, the lived experience of some POC that went to Gibson’s was that they were treated differently because of their race, and that “Truth” makes everything that Gibson’s went through completely legitimate.

3 Likes

This reminds me of the Duke Lacrosse players ordeal. Even after the truth had finally come out, a group of professors refused to apologize and admit they made a mistake.

3 Likes

Thanks. I will try to brave it. Before my last response, I read some background and it was heartbreaking. If Bari doesn’t put me to sleep, I expect the same from this.

1 Like

Nice series on the censorship and lack of facts behind fact checkers, and how the government that’s just been telling the social media which ideas were Bad and should be persecuted.

AP

Politifact

Twitter

Facebook

2 Likes

State regulation of social media goes to the Supreme Court

This is a really major question: How do we regulate social media platforms?” Lakier said. “I think it could shape the operation of the internet really significantly. If these laws are upheld, it’s going to require the platforms to host a lot of speech that they don’t want to host.”

2 Likes

Gender bending for profit. Follow the money, as always, and you’ll find collateral damage.

4 Likes

What a joke. This law went into effect last spring. So this teacher had lots of work days prior to school starting to inventory her personal library. And despite claiming the need to go through it three times, it only needs to be done once (the other two times merely pulling any books on the rejected list).

If this teacher wants to bitch, she should be bitching about her coworkers who have caused the need to approve all materials used in the classroom. And if she fears a lot of her library will be disallowed, then she needs to realize that she is part of the problem and the reason this law was enacted.

I don’t let my 7 year old niece cook pasta alone using the stove, because she has demonstrated herself to have the judgement of a 7 year old and can’t do so safely. These laws requiring the approval of all instructional material in classrooms (not “book bans”) are no different, it’s necessary because some teachers have demonstrated a lack of judgement regarding what’s appropriate for their student’s ages. If it can’t be monitored in the classroom, and isn’t being controlled by the district, the state has little choice but to intercede.

If a teacher wants to focus on teaching her own personal beliefs rather than following the state syllabus and standards, then she needs to start her own private school where she’ll be able to expose children to whatever she wants.

3 Likes

The video on politifact was cut off after about a minute. Censorship by YouTube? Why was it posted on YouTube instead of Rumble?

1 Like

The link to the rumble upload is in the youtube description

But it also looks like there is a part 2 that you need a subscription to see

There’s a short one and a longer one. Here’s the longer link (and fixed my post above).

Yes, he also has stuff on his paid site, but I think the censorship ones are largely free. The more economic / markets related videos tend to be private or only partially public, although I’m more interested in his coverage of covid and political influences in science.

There’s no reason to bitch about her coworkers, they aren’t what caused this insanity. Rather, it’s about scrubbing any book that even mentions anything other than the right wing approved line. And the parents get to review it, it’s not something the school can do.

The teachers aren’t the ones responsible. And it’s not about age-appropriate, but ideology-appropriate. You preach the right wing Christian position or else.

And we have some reason to think a crackpot site is accurate?

Cant be bothered to read? You can watch the incriminating videos linked by the reporter.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1572313566589468672

3 Likes

We’ve seen a lot of deceptively edited video from the right.