The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

Michigan, Wisconsin Biden is now in the lead.

PA looks pretty close, dunno what part of remaining vote is from not-yet-reported day-of precint votes (and which areas of the state. The tracker only shows number of precincts, I think?) vs the ~1M ballots that still need to be counted.

There haven’t been any more GA updates, still around 8% of the vote to be counted. NYT had their prediction at 64% chance of Biden at the last overnight updates based on the outstanding votes.

Looks like both of the GA senate elections might be heading to runoff.

Biden:

We are on track to win!

Silly Biden, thinks this is still ongoing. At this point he’s either won or he hasnt, there is no being “on the right track”.

Unless you’re going to keep adding votes to the kitty.

If you arbitrarily freeze the counting now, he has won. He’s ahead in michigan, wisconsin, nevada, and arizona.

Edit: Nevada doesn’t actually look that great. Trump impression: “They’re trying to STEAL the election from Biden!”

Edit2: Nevada statement made based on the lead narrowing. But, it appears the bluer areas currently have lower reporting percentages… so maybe it’s in better shape than at first glance. Hard to tell. Arizona similarly is not looking great for Biden.
FOX (and only FOX) called Arizona for Biden though! So any change is stealing by creating fake ballots!

Democrats, the media, and apparently some judges declare the Post Office to have a special class of mail that didnt exist until yesterday afternoon and nothing has ever been mailed using. I can only imagine the actual disruptions that were caused by stopping and digging through all the mail looking for only certain items.

I paid the same postage for the same sevice to deliver my mortgage payment, who’s going to cover the late fees since my envelope was cast aside while everyone decided someone else was more worthy of receiving special treatment?

1 Like

There’s no arbitrarily freezing anything. The votes are cast, the result has been established, the race is over.

if you want to criticize Trump for supposedly saying votes shoudlnt be counted, I’ll criticize Biden for saying they’re still trying to round up the votes needed to win.

He didn’t say that. He said they’re still counting the votes and the outcome is not yet known. And the voters decide the election, not himself or Trump.

He did, as much as anything you’ve claimed others have said.

When you’re on the right track, you’re still running the race. The only way to still be running the race in an election is to still be soliciting votes.

It happened in 1992. You were likely still in grade school and can be forgiven for being unaware. But it was made into a big deal at the time after being overblown by the liberal mainstream media as a way to humiliate a Republican VPOTUS candidate they detested:

The “potatoe” story from the 1992 election

In 1992 the mainstream media propaganda arm of the DNC was desperate for a Clinton victory . . . . . and they got it after pulling out all the stops.

WI is done counting, MI and GA should finish today.

2 Likes

Where are you seeing this? I’m failing to find it anywhere with some news searches. All I found was a WI newspaper that showed “results”, nothing about counting being finished or any statements from their election officials.

NYT still shows them at 97%, but I’m unsure where they’re getting that from.

Thanks!

Also, GA appears to have started to report some new tallies now for today.

Live news feeds for stock trading, no public link.

Greenwald on our voting process.

1 Like

Is the problem the slow and accurate counting or is it the reporting of results before they’re actually certified? Is it a case of “People are too stupid for too much transparency”? The law is clear on when the results are due and final, when they’re certified.

It really is insane that the GOP legislatures blocked any processing of ballots received before yesterday (while simultaneously crying foul that there aren’t magically immediate results), and a large part of why some of these states have so far to go.

There were also technical/physical problems in GA yesterday.

Almost every state in the country allowed election clerks to open mail ballots at least a week or two before Election Day so they could check them for things like signatures, recognizing that there would be unprecedented numbers of mail ballots due to concerns over COVID-19. But these three states (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin) ignored pleas to make this simple change.

Trump could still win but he sounds like a cheater who tries to claim victory when the count is only partially done.

What would be the right reaction if Biden claimed victory and said to stop counting all votes?

1 Like

Thx.

I’m now seeing (15 min ago)
“There are only about 300 votes left to count in Wisconsin, officials say. They’re in the town of Willow in Richland County. Biden leads by more than 20,000 votes.”

Trump campaign has already announced they will immediately request (and pay for) a recount.

Looks like now Biden either needs [AZ+NV] or PA or GA.

It’s annoying that PA still has some precincts not reporting from election day votes. Makes it hard to watch any trends on the other outstanding ballots.

I’ll agree with that. It was flat out dumb to hear the talking heads getting excited over “it’s too close to call in Nevada!” when the screen literally showed 0% reporting. Absolutely zero votes had been reported, and they were reporting on the state’s results.

I don’t know the answer, because leaks and tumors will always be in play. But we should be getting all the information/totals today, at about the same time.

It’d be, meh. Because that’s what he has done, according to Bender’s link above.

Just going to bump this post from May for today.

This long wait for counting of election ballots is a disgrace.
I can go along with waiting until the wee hours of Nov 3rd. But, this long wait is unheard of… IMO

Third world countries could have results by now… REDICULOUS!!!