The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

Here’s Greenwald on the NYT and WashPo lies about the armed insurrection, the fire extinguisher cop death, zip ties, and a whole bunch of other stuff the media made up or played up just to make a mostly peaceful protest look bad. He does it a lot better than I could.

1 Like

The Greenwald report on some of the facts is revealing. Of course the whole episode was terrible.

Democrats just can’t give up on Trump. Searching day & night for a point to carry on their vendetta. This time it sounds like Crazy Nancy wants to try this case again. To bad for the lefty losers. Their never ending battle must continue.

Biden doesn’t get the chance to carry on his duties as POTUS. :relaxed: Trump is interfering!!

1 Like

The rioters said they wanted to kill people. They assaulted and injured scores of police officers. Most of their disgusting attack is on video, except for them defecating and peeing in the building.

"The rolling blackouts rolled out in Texas harken back to the 2011 winter storm immediately before that year’s Super Bowl in Arlington, Texas that led federal energy officials to warn the grid manager, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas or ERCOT, that Texas power plants had failed to adequately weatherize facilities to protect against cold weather, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

The federal report issued that summer recommended such actions as installing heating elements around pipes and increasing the amount of reserve power available before storms. The report noted that many of those same warnings were issued after similar blackouts 22 years earlier and had gone unheeded."

"In November, ERCOT proudly announced that the state had sufficient energy supply for the winter. The excuse will likely be that no one could have predicted this storm. But it’s been evident for more than a week that a brutal cold was coming, and ERCOT officials were saying as late as Thursday that the system was ready. How can they have been so stupefyingly wrong?

But these cold snaps are not that rare. After the 2011 debacle, a thorough federal review found that parts of the Southwest have suffered these events at least every five years.

Texas is an energy giant. This shouldn’t happen here. We have a large and diverse energy supply. The culprit here is a clear failure of preparation, period."

Nope. It’s primarily just heavily subsidized natural gas and coal.

1 Like

As regards wind turbines, these became big time in Texas during GW Bush’s governorship because his rancher friends wanted to put up wind turbines on their land and make lots of money. So Bush signed into law renewable mandates. Texas also has old laws that make it easy to put up energy producing infrastructure (easier than other states) so Texas has become a leader in renewable energy. Still, most of their energy comes from fossil fuels and nuclear.

Doublin’ Down on Dumb! Just so you know, people pay utilities for their services as well as pay taxes to the government so, yes, government and utility services do owe residents a lot.

"The mayor of a city in Texas reportedly wrote a Facebook post telling residents it was not the government’s job to care for them during trying times, telling them “the strong will survive and the weak will parish [sic]” as an unprecedented winter storm leaves millions without power.

Mayor Tim Boyd of Colorado City, Texas, appears to have made a post on Facebook complaining that his constituents were calling on the government to help them as Winter Storm Uri leaves tens of thousands of people across the country without heat and electricity.

“Let me hurt some feelings while I have a minute!!” Mr Boyd said in his post. “No one owes you are [sic] your family anything; nor is it the local government’s responsibility to support you during trying times like this! Sink or swim it’s your choice! The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING!!”

He then complained that residents were looking for a “hand out” and told people they should have been personally prepared to deal with catastrophic circumstances like the massive winter storm that struck the region, leaving Texans in some areas without heat in single digit temperatures.

“I’m sick and tired of people looking for a damn handout! If you don’t have electricity you step up and come up with a game plan to keep your family warm and safe. If you have no water you deal without and think outside of the box to survive and provide water for your family,” he wrote.

Mr Boyd then accused people of being “lazy” because they are waiting for their power to come back on. He did not offer suggestions as to how individual people could restore Texas’s failed power grid amid the devastating storm."

He has just resigned but did not really give an apology.

That mayor is correct. Here where I live, back in 2003 I think it was, we went for five days with no electric power. It was early in January and the outdoor temperature ranged between the single numbers and the teens. I spent most of my time trying to save my home by keeping my pipes from freezing. The problem was caused by an ice storm which took out a significant portion of our power lines.

Circumstances like that are difficult to endure, but it must be done on an individual basis. I knew I was on my own. I never thought anyone would help me, no less expecting anyone to do so, and least of all the gubberment.

He told the truth. He has nothing for which to apologize.

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1361846831374884865

From what I heard, there was so much natural gas (NG) being drawn for home heating that there was not enough remaining adequately to fire the generating stations.

Now we have a 200 year supply of NG today in America, some say it’s 300 years. But when drilling and fracking are curtailed, well, shortages can ensue. I’m doing my part. Others should as well.

Don’t worry, it’s solar power’s fault too!

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1361866553998909442

Your right in some instances. Never had anything like you had in 2003.

But even out here in rural CA we have the electricity go out Electrical outages happen occasionally & we accept it as part of country living. I plan as you do, for those times. If it happens in winter we keep our fireplace burning for heat. I have a battery operated light supply & I can cook on my NG stove.

Life goes on in these emergencies. Texas & a lot of other places are really in a tough situation today. SAD. .

Another way to use a Tesla:

Texas’ wind turbines performed better than expected in the cold weather…

“But it does not line up with early reports indicating the majority of the lost generation was natural gas plants not wind turbines, which actually performed better than grid regulators had anticipated, said Michael Webber an energy professor at the University of Texas.”

Be thankful you don’t have power or heat Texas.
“Former Texas governor Rick Perry suggests that going days without power is a sacrifice Texans should be willing to make if it means keeping federal regulators out of the state’s power grid.”

2 Likes

Disgusting report on the whole.

But even more disgusting is what you printed at the end without tape for proof. You mentioned no video. Did you see it happen? Or could it be hearsay? Right!