The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

There is a lot of talk about invoking the 25th amendment to replace Biden but the Democrats have a real problem with replacing Harris if they invoke it . Here’s my analysis

Suppose Biden is removed and replaced by Harris. How do the Democrats get their choice in as a new vice president?

Here’s what the 25th amendment says:

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

So Harris would name a replacement, but with a 50-50 Senate and no vice-president, there would be no one to do the tiebreaker and the pubbies could block the confirmation.

You might say, so what, we just go on without a vice president. But that would mean there is no tiebreaker to give the Democrats a majority in the Senate and (hopefully) a lot of 50-50 votes would fail because there is no majority.

Also would Schumer still be the majority leader?

Edit: Probably a moot point because there are plenty of rinos who would be happy to stab their party in the back: Murkowski, Romney, Sasse, and others from the group that voted to impeach President Trump.

2 Likes

Good heavens, what next?:

Austin: American citizens are being beaten by the Taliban

Defense Secretary Austin has contradicted President Biden.

Politico: Austin contradicts Biden, says Americans have been ‘beaten’ by the Taliban

I’m at a loss for words here. You want to castigate Biden but first thoughts have to be for his multitudes of victims. Just hope things do not become still worse!

Here’s the full transcript with video cuts / omissions highlighted.

https://beckernews.com/here-are-the-7-parts-of-bidens-interview-that-abc-news-refused-to-air-now-we-know-why-40980/?utm_source=BN&utm_medium=PTN

Exactly. We can read the transcript only. ABC will not allow us to view the tape, which vividly exposes Biden’s confusion and inability to respond clearly and in a focused manner. That same tape would almost surely fuel a good campaign commercial for the Republicans . . . . . . not that they would ever be smart enough to use such material.

2 Likes

This is surely as important as matters abroad, but it is being overshadowed by news of the Afghanistan tragedy:

As you know, a Federal judge reinstated President Trump’s “remain in Mexico” policy. This was a Godsend for Biden, conditions on the border being as insanely out of control as they are. So what does Biden do? Asshole that he is, Biden appealed the Federal Judge’s ruling in order to prolong the chaos.

Then Biden got yet another break. The appeals court ruled, upholding the Federal Judge’s order to reinstate “remain in Mexico”.

Biden was on a roll. He now twice has received, in court, the ruling he needs to get the border back under some sort of control and begin to interdict all the drugs coming across while our border agents are tied up dealing with so many illegals.

But Biden has the rare ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. As such he is now appealing to the Supreme Court. If the SCOTUS rules in his favor, Biden will be able to prolong the border insanity without limitation, all the while being almost completely shielded from detection by his equally large, multiple failures in Afghanistan, news of which is sucking up all the oxygen right now.

I hope the SCOTUS rules properly, in favor of America and American citizens. But ACB in particular seems focused on proving, beyond any doubt, her liberal bona fides. And goodness knows Roberts is, and has been, a lost cause. So I don’t have a lot of hope. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

We need a little fun around here. Here’s a great video from the Bee.

watch this video before it gets demonetized

2 Likes

This article ask the obvious question, how did Biden‘s handlers allow his catastrophic decision to be implemented?

Until now Joe Biden as president has only seemed dangerous because of his leftism. Almost every decision he’s made until now has been in line with that. Most people thought that if he ever tried to do anything really dangerous, cooler heads would stop him. But this terrible terrible decision to leave Afghanistan in this particularly precipitous and exceptionally calamitous way was allowed to go forward. Its motives seem more idiosyncratic and personal, although there may indeed be much more behind it.

It is also very frightening. Biden needs to be removed from office – and there really is , or should be, that is – a sense of great urgency about that.

https://www.thenewneo.com/2021/08/21/what-was-bidens-all-fired-rush-to-get-out-of-afghanistan/

1 Like

Satire roundup.

STARK COMPARISON

On the left, Biden’s America. On the right, President Donald Trump’s America:

The correct ruling by scotus and the consistent ruling by scotus are two different things. As you may recall, the anti-trump animus by the supreme court led 5 of them to rule that Trump’s decision to rescind DACA was a violation of the Administrative Procedure Act (“APA”) because the decision “was arbitrary and capricious.” As a thumb in the eye of Roberts, the 9th circuit court of appeals judge that wrote the Remain in Mexico opinion used the phrase “arbitrary and capricious” 3 times to describe the Biden DHS policy.

Watch as this comes to the supreme court and they actually determine, “Oh that thing the president did to undo his predecessors policy that wasn’t passed as law which was completely totally fine for all other presidents to do that we called arbitrary and capricious, yeah, don’t bring that up. Because it turns out presidents can undo the policy of the predecessor and this thing that Biden just undid is totally fine. No, we didn’t treat Biden differently than Trump. How could you say such a thing even though we ruled in opposite ways for each of them on the same legal question.”

If politicians actually had any real backbone, when this decision comes down in Biden’s favor, you should see them coming out in droves to point out how full of shit the supreme court is and that we should just essentially ignore their rulings at this point. They can send their supreme court police after us if they dare.

I’m only half joking. We aren’t that far away from a point where some county in a red state will have the sheriff, court clerk, and county board members all get together and just say NO and refuse to implement some policy that the supreme court declares is law without ever going through the legislative process. I kinda wish I were on a school board somewhere to defy the supreme court the day they officially say male students claiming to be girls have to be allowed in girls locker rooms. If I were on a school board right now, I would be working my hardest to replace all the regulations and signage in my jurisdiction to remove the words “boys, men, girls, and women” and only use the words “males and females” so that any gendered rules required by the supreme court could be ignored. “Sorry, we don’t use gender here in Meedville County, only sex. Your opinion said “women’s locker room” but we only have “female locker rooms” here. So your ruling doesn’t apply and no one here is willing to enforce it.”

The governor wouldn’t send in the state police (assuming its a red state), so the federal government would literally have to invade the county to effect the change. And I don’t see that happening. Not until the people of Meedville County elect new leaders that are willing to bow to the supreme court would it actually change. Sadly, I think our country needs a constitutional crisis like that in order to wake everyone up to the fact that the supreme court is unconstitutionally writing laws and has been for decades.

1 Like

This is dumb. Trump wanted out of afghanistan too. The main contrast is just how badly biden bungled the withdrawal. Trump’s “America” wasn’t raising any US flags in Afghanistan.

1 Like

Side note… a buddy of mine that got long haul covid and couldn’t work (because his fevers wouldn’t go away - think back to when no one would let you do anything with a fever) got behind on his bills. He applied to Babylon Bee for relief back when they had a relief fund. They sent him $500 no questions asked.

2 Likes

here’s a partial answer:

Speaking to people close to the administration, The Telegraph has managed to build a picture of a stubborn-headed and defensive president continuing to tout his foreign policy nous, and a staff too afraid to question

1 Like

Wait - I thought that was the reason repeatedly given to blame Trump?

Back when President Obama took out Osama, he first ran his plan past every one of his senior aides. Everyone was supportive of the try . . . . except for Biden.

So you had President Obama himself, in addition to all of his senior advisors, wanting to take out Osama . . . . all except for Biden.

They all were right . . . except for Biden . . . and it was a great win for President Obama and for America.

I do not believe either Obama or Trump would have executed the Afghanistan pullout like Biden has. Neither is that stupid.

2 Likes

I’m just curious as to why all the celebrities havent been weighing in on what should be done? They were the go-to interviews on such matters for most of the past 4 years.

1 Like

Most of them are liberals. Certainly the Trump haters are liberals.

And this is a difficult time to be a liberal. They have all but ceased posting here . . . . . probably because they have become aware, the hard way, of how overwhelmingly wrongheaded most of their views are.

Afghanistan, the border, inflation, the vaccine roll out . . . . all self-evident failures and all the responsibility of liberal Democrat leadership. So much failure in only seven months; it’s difficult to believe!

Being a liberal today is tough, unless you have the abilities of an ostrich.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for them to sing “It’s Raining Men” in a bunch of clips spliced together of them in their marble bathrooms in support of Afghan women’s rights. Anyone know when that video will be released?

Good Lord is this Biden administration snake bit or what!!

While I have no use whatsoever for Kamala and her insane politics, neither do I want to see her harmed physically. She is, after all, our VP.

I also am outraged when the communists blast our American diplomats, when they are on foreign soil, with microwaves. And I do not want that to happen to Kamala!

So there she is in Godforsaken southeast Asia and along comes that threat. This sucks and I do not like it one iota!!

You will not find me in southeast Asia . . . . EVER!

Kamala should be drawing hazardous duty pay.

It will be interesting to see how his kabuki theater plays out. If either of these two bills passes we need to start a separate thread on it. It will have huge consequences for the United States and the world economy

In a Washington Post column published Sunday, the nine Democrats said they “are firmly opposed to holding the president’s infrastructure legislation hostage to reconciliation, risking its passage and the bipartisan support behind it.”