The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Hee Hee MLB in a fix now!

:rofl:

Atlanta just became NL champs. Atlanta is in Georgia, a state MLB detests. They donā€™t like Texas much better, BTW.

But it is out of Georgia that they viciously moved the All-Star game earlier this year.

What will the liberal MLB potentate jackasses do now, move the World Series to Colorado as well?

I am loving the fix theyā€™re in. Those fools so richly deserve it.

ETA

The liberal, woke, MLB big shots had two chances at hoped-for World Series venues. They lost both liberal Boston and liberal Los Angeles.

There is a god.

1 Like

Woke nonsense - just say no. A well written summary and a call for more backbone in our leaders and institutions. Excerpts below.

It begins by stipulating that the forces of justice and progress are in a war against backwardness and tyranny. And in a war, the normal rules of the game must be suspended. Indeed, this ideology would argue that those rules are not just obstacles to justice, but tools of oppression. They are the masterā€™s tools. And the masterā€™s tools cannot dismantle the masterā€™s house.

So the tools themselves are not just replaced but repudiated. And in so doing, persuasionā€”the purpose of argumentā€”is replaced with public shaming. Moral complexity is replaced with moral certainty. Facts are replaced with feelings.

Ideas are replaced with identity. Forgiveness is replaced with punishment. Debate is replaced with de-platforming. Diversity is replaced with homogeneity of thought. Inclusion, with exclusion.

In this ideology, speech is violence. But violence, when carried out by the right people in pursuit of a just cause, is not violence at all. In this ideology, bullying is wrong, unless you are bullying the right people, in which case itā€™s very, very good. In this ideology, education is not about teaching people how to think, itā€™s about reeducating them in what to think. In this ideology, the need to feel safe trumps the need to speak truthfully.

In this ideology, if you do not tweet the right tweet or share the right slogan, your whole life can be ruined. Just ask Tiffany Riley, a Vermont school principal who was firedā€”firedā€”because she said she supports black lives but not the organization Black Lives Matter.

In this ideology, the past cannot be understood on its own terms, but must be judged through the morals and mores of the present. It is why statues of Grant and Washington are being torn down. And it is why William Peris, a UCLA lecturer and an Air Force veteran, was investigated for reading Martin Luther Kingā€™s ā€œLetter from Birmingham Jailā€ out loud in class.

In this ideology, intentions donā€™t matter. That is why Emmanuel Cafferty, a Hispanic utility worker at San Diego Gas and Electric, was fired for making what someone said he thought was a white-supremacist hand gestureā€”when in fact he was cracking his knuckles out of his car window.

In this ideology, the equality of opportunity is replaced with equality of outcome as a measure of fairness. If everyone doesnā€™t finish the race at the same time, the course must have been defective. Thus, the argument to get rid of the SAT. Or the admissions tests for public schools like Stuyvesant in New York or Lowell in San Francisco.

In this ideology, you are guilty for the sins of your fathers. In other words: You are not you. You are only a mere avatar of your race or your religion or your class. That is why third-graders in Cupertino, California, were asked to rate themselves in terms of their power and privilege. In third grade.

In this system, we are all placed neatly on a spectrum of ā€œprivilegedā€ to ā€œoppressed.ā€ We are ranked somewhere on this spectrum in different categories: race, gender, sexual orientation, and class. Then we are given an overall score, based on the sum of these rankings. Having privilege means that your character and your ideas are tainted. This is why, one high-schooler in New York tells me, students in his school are told, ā€œIf you are white and male, you are second in line to speak.ā€ This is considered a normal and necessary redistribution of power.

Racism has been redefined. It is no longer about discrimination based on the color of someoneā€™s skin. Racism is any system that allows for disparate outcomes between racial groups. If disparity is present, as the high priest of this ideology, Ibram X. Kendi, has explained, racism is present. According to this totalizing new view, we are all either racist or anti-racist. To be a Good Person and not a Bad Person, you must be an ā€œanti-racist.ā€ There is no neutrality. There is no such thing as ā€œnot racist.ā€

Most important: In this revolution, skeptics of any part of this radical ideology are recast as heretics. Those who do not abide by every single aspect of its creed are tarnished as bigots, subjected to boycotts and their work to political litmus tests. The Enlightenment, as the critic Edward Rothstein has put it, has been replaced by the exorcism.

What we call ā€œcancel cultureā€ is really the justice system of this revolution. And the goal of the cancellations is not merely to punish the person being cancelled. The goal is to send a message to everyone else: Step out of line and you are next.

It has worked.

4 Likes

Commentary has been my go-to for the past few months. I really enjoy their daily podcast as well.

Our country now has a ā€œRacial Equityā€ Czar (czarina?)

It is worth noting that the author of the article in Commentary is Bari Weiss, who used to work for the New York Times.

2 Likes

Just in time for Halloween. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I predict the total for the two spending bills will be over $3 trillion. A terrible outcome for the United States on top of the $trillions already spent on the wuhan virus.

1 Like

"A threat to our democracy"

How many times have you heard those exact words coming out the mouth of some vile, loathsome, Democrat? It happens all the time.

Frankly my own concen centers on the threat they pose to our American Republic and its basis, The Constitution of the United States of America, something they loathe and clearly wish to eliminate.

When I was young, and you might not believe this if you are young now, but when I was young Democrats were, in the main, patriotic Americans. That was long ago. Things today are entirely different.

1 Like

Update

I have begun looking into this. As best Iā€™m able to determine:

Two dollar bills were last printed in 2019. They might be printed again depending on current supply and demand for the notes. There is not at present high demand for $2 bills, but of course that might change.

My bank offered to help me obtain the hundred $2 notes I want. However, they do not have them readily available and must obtain them from the government in increments of $2000 a pop (or was it $20,000? I forget now). Anyway, Iā€™m just doing this for fun so $200, or 100 notes, is my limit. After all, unless Democrats somehow can hold onto power this entire notion is far off base. There is one other, new, thing which mitigates in favor of my scheme:

As repulsive as Democrats find Thomas Jefferson, the reverse of the current $2 note is almost more distasteful and abhorrent for them. It depicts the presentation to Congress of the Declaration of Independence, an essential part of our founding. Democrats of course believe America was begun in the midst of vile racist filth. So if they hold onto power I would anticipate them changing both sides of the note! Hence it is worth having a hundred of the existing $2 notes in oneā€™s piggy bank. :slightly_smiling_face:

ETA

The above is, of course, highly speculative and quite possibly a bit silly. But for two hundred bucks who cares! :innocent::moneybag:

The Tubman twenties are another matter entirely. Removal from the note, by the Democrats, of President Andrew Jacksonā€™s portrait is, as Trump believed, a serious mistake. But I for one do not have a couple thousand bucks lying around to buy a hundred of the current twenty dollar bills. In addition:

Unless Democrats are able to hold onto power for an extended period of time I donā€™t think the Tubman twenties will even be released. They would be in peopleā€™s faces and highly controversial. In addition, Democrats donā€™t hate President Jackson anything like as much as they detest President Jefferson. This even though both men owned slaves. However:

Jackson never commited the sin, as Jefferson did, of contributing significantly to writing of the Constitution of the United States of America, a document Democrats detest.

Biden and Democrats lie about wealth tax, and so much more

From The Hill:

If Democratsā€™ tax-and-spend proposals are as popular as they claim, why do they have to lie about them?

When President Biden claims his $3.5 trillion ā€œsocial infrastructureā€ bill will cost ā€œzero,ā€ he is clearly assuming Americans are morons, since there is no way the government can spend trillions of dollars without hiking taxes or increasing borrowing, for both of which there is indeed a price tag.

And when he tweets, as he did recently, ā€œItā€™s simple: a teacher shouldnā€™t pay a higher tax rate than an oil company,ā€ he is again wandering off the truth-track. Since the average teacher earns $31,000 per year%20across%20the%20United%20States.), and since the income tax rate at that level of income is 12 percent, compared to the current corporate rate of 25 percent, this claim is another Joe Biden whopper.

You have to wonder: Does anyone in this White House even try to get the facts right?

Read the rest of this piece here:

Biden and Democrats lie about wealth tax

2 Likes

regarding the Democratsā€™ two spending Palooza bills, as Yogi Berra said, itā€™s hard to make predictions especially about the future. For the moment, Iā€™ll take this as a good sign:

Democratic leaders are eager to put the infrastructure bill on the floor as soon as Thursday, but Pelosi ā€“ who doesnā€™t call for votes unless she knows has the support for passage ā€“ hasnā€™t officially called for one yet.

Itā€™s unclear if the presidentā€™s public pressure campaign did anything to sway progressivesā€™ minds.

Biden makes last-minute push for economic agenda before heading overseas

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-makes-last-minute-push-for-economic-agenda-before-heading-overseas/ar-AAQ3xBH?ocid=BingNews

Edit: so far so good. From Fox News

Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., was asked several times near the tail end of her Thursday press conference if the House will hold a vote on the infrastructure bill Thursday.

She walked away from the podium without answering the question, then stopped and walked back, appearing as if she would answer the question.

But sheā€™d simply forgotten her mask on the podium, and continued to ignore reportersā€™ questions about an infrastructure vote.

America Last, the Biden illegal immigration insanity continues.

First, already unbelievable, Bidenā€™s DHS head decides that they will no longer look for illegal aliens to deport in any of a wide range of now ā€œsafe spacesā€ including places with free food, free healthcare, free childcare, free housing, or just anywhere theyā€™re hanging out with their kids or going to church or pretty much anywhere else.

Backup link

President Joe Bidenā€™s top homeland security official on Wednesday ordered immigration officers not to arrest illegal immigrants at a number of places, including food banks and shelters. Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas detailed the safe spaces for illegal aliens in a memorandum to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers.

ā€œSensitive locationsā€ where officers were barred from detaining people in the country illegally previously constituted of a small number of settings, including churches, hospitals, and schools. Mayorkas added social services establishments like homeless shelters, anywhere disaster or emergency relief is being provided, and places where children gather, including playgrounds, childcare centers, and school bus stops.

Next, Biden is offering $450,000 per person to anyone who complains about their time at the border as long as they blame ā€œTrumpā€, nearly $1M per family.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-administration-in-talks-to-pay-hundreds-of-millions-to-immigrant-families-separated-at-border-11635447591
Backup link

The Biden administration is in talks to offer immigrant families that were separated during the Trump administration around $450,000 a person in compensationā€¦ who say the government subjected them to lasting psychological trauma. The U.S. Departments of Justice, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services are considering payments that could amount to close to $1 million a family

ā€œPresident Biden has agreed that the family separation policy is a historic moral stain on our nation that must be fully remediedā€¦ Apart from talks over damages, the administration has already begun a process of locating deported parents and reuniting them with their children in the U.S. The administration has reunited 52 families and is in the process of reuniting about 200 more. The families are being given a three-year grant of parole, a form of temporary humanitarian protection that allows them to live and work legally in the U.S.

He could just solve the problem of family separation by not letting anyone in and they could all stay together in Mexico, where theyā€™re supposed to stay instead of illegally asylum shopping as they came through many other countries to get to the US. But itā€™s hard to get warm bodies in other countries to show up in VA to vote by mail for Terry (ā€œitā€™s his turnā€) McAuliffe.

American families got maybe $5,000 in stimulus checks, while someone who broke the law to come here gets $1M. Iā€™m speechless.

4 Likes

Biden seriously has lost his mind. We are quickly losing our country.

Would that constitute psychological harm that qualifies you for a payment as well?

I agree, the insanity is unbelievable.

Not a word about this in the filthy Democrat party media: ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, and so forth.

If this were widely publicized it would spark outrage from coast to coast. So the mainstream media scum keep shade on it.

I do wonder how accurate this claim is, and how much of it is heavy spin intended to provoke such reactions? Like, there are a dozen hoops to jump through, and after that if 37 different criteria are all met you might be eligible for a payment of up to $450k - but it comes out as ā€œThey all get $450k!ā€.

I dont know, but I dont take any claims at face value these days.

1 Like

Itā€™s already rather clear that Biden and his comrades at least WANT to do this. That alone is sufficient to outrage me. Itā€™s one more indication of administrative insanity. The notion of handing billions of American dollars to illegals should never have seen the light of day.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not what Iā€™m saying. We dont really know what Biden wants, we only know what this claim claims he wants to do. Remember, as much as we criticize the media for glossing over those pesky unfavorable details, there are others with a vested interest in overselling those same details.

Itā€™s the difference between there being a chance someone could potentially get as much as $450k, and claiming that all illegals will get $450k. I assume the truth is somewhere between the two.

Not surprising at this point that compensation for crimes committed by the government is something youā€™re outraged about.

Yes weā€™re outraged!

As long as Biden can outreach to connect Trump to a critical Illegal situation ā€œthatā€™s a goā€. Itā€™s only the American folks money weā€™re giving away. ā€œGo for itā€.

Itā€™s a win, win for Biden & his comrades.

America Last. Listen to his embarrassing remarks overseas today. MAKES ME SICK!!

1 Like

What crimes did the government commit that illegals would be receiving $450k for? The relevant scenario was caused by the government enforcing the law. The illegals are the only criminals involved.

4 Likes