The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

So Biden says that these Democrat senators are the equivalent of Jefferson Davis, Bull Connor and George Wallace. I think Biden’s handlers have given up the argument and know the bills will not be passed. They are just trying to secure the black vote for the Democrats in 2022.

BTW The historical figures mentioned are all Democrats :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m OK. Even a broken clock displays the correct time twice each day.

1 Like

OMG the Republicans just got something RIGHT!!

I doubt this will withstand the test of time. But for now the RNC is demanding GOP POTUS candidates agree in advance NOT to participate in the usual and customary, wildly biased to the left, Presidential (so called) debates. It’s always two against one in these debates, with the so-called “moderator” actually being a second for the Democrat candidate.

I expect the “press” to jump all over the Republicans for this, at which point the RNC likely will allow the party once again to be steamrollered. But for now this is GREAT, as they instead are telling the hugely left wing so-called non-biased “presidential debate commission” to F off:

RNC threatens to require their candidates pledge not to participate in general election debates sponsored by official commission

2 Likes

No change to filibuster rule…

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever understand how they could legitimately use a 50% vote to remove a 60% requirement.

1 Like

They keep using that word, and the more they use it, the less I believe them.

With the help of a previously approved law (the NASA shell bill)? There are loopholes in legislating procedures, and where there is a politician, there is a way.

I know technically they can, but conceptually it’ll never make sense.

But on the other hand, if it can be done legitimately, can you understand how it hasn’t already been changed long ago? Its not like anything recently changed to open the opportunity.

To you. But then you in all probability are not a modern Democrat. Their screwball, looney tunes, beliefs and ways of thinking are remarkable for their unvarnished insanity.

my pessimistic side is cautious but these are clear statements without a lot of wiggle room.

1 Like

The great uniter at work.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-reaches-break-point-georgia-speech-voting-rights-senate-mcconnell-division-election-law-11642110521

This was McConnell’s reply

Mr. Biden’s speech was “profoundly unpresidential,” “deliberately divisive” and “designed to pull our country further apart.” “I have known, liked and personally respected Joe Biden for many years. I did not recognize the man at the podium yesterday.” Mr. Biden had entered office calling on Americans to stop the shouting and lower the temperature. “Yesterday, he called millions of Americans his domestic ‘enemies.’

2 Likes

Hunter Biden vs Paul Pelosi, the Sons of Power grifter face-off:

• A shocking paper trail shows Nancy Pelosi’s son, Paul Pelosi Jr.'s connections to a host of fraudsters, rule-breakers and convicted criminals
  • He joined the board of a biofuel company after it defrauded investors, according to an SEC ruling, and whose CEO was convicted after bribing Georgia officials**
  • Paul was president of an environmental investment firm that turned out to be a front for two convicted fraudsters, documents reveal**
  • He served as vice president of a company previously embroiled in an investigation of scam calls that targeted senior citizens**
  • A medical company Pelosi Jr. worked for was accused of testing drugs on people without FDA authorization, DailyMail.com can reveal**
  • A source close to a firm Nancy’s son worked for told DailyMail.com that Pelosi Jr. received $2.8 million of shares allegedly issued as part of a massive $164 million fraud in July 2016**

He forgot about Theranos, they needed well connected board members too.

The source said Pelosi Jr. bought the shares for $2,800, when their market value was between $4,228,000 and $5,152,000.

Good work if you can get it. Better than selling art to the Chinese.

3 Likes

Biden like many moderate democrats has been pushed into a nasty corner by the far left. The Squad + Bernie are good at polarizing and mobilizing very vocal activists, now with the help of misguided media outlets.

His reply was worthy of far more than that one quote you posted. The only problem is, how to decide what else to quote?

“A President shouting that 52 Senators and millions of Americans are racist unless he gets whatever he wants is proving exactly why the Framers built the Senate to check his power. This whole display is the best possible argument for preserving the Senate rules that extend deliberation, force bipartisan compromise, and let cooler heads prevail. Nothing proves it better than this episode. It offers a perfect case study in why Senator Biden was right about the filibuster and President Biden is wrong.

“He used the phrase ‘Jim Crow 2.0’ to demagogue a law that makes the franchise more accessible than in his own state of Delaware. He blasted Georgia’s procedures regarding local elections officials while pushing national legislation with almost identical language on that issue.

“The President implied things like widely-popular voter I.D. laws are ‘totalitarian’ on the same day Washington D.C.’s Democratic mayor told citizens to bring both a photo I.D. and a vaccine card anytime they leave their house.

Yesterday, he shouted that if you disagree with him, you’re George Wallace. If you don’t pass the laws he wants, you’re Bull Connor. And if you oppose giving Democrats untrammeled one-party control of the country, well, you’re Jefferson Davis.

“In recent years, I have vocally criticized people across the political spectrum who have sought to legitimize elections when they win and delegitimize democracy when they are polling badly or when they lose.

“I criticized top Democrats’ hysteria after 2016, when their rhetoric had 66% of Democrats across America falsely convinced that Russia had hacked our voting machines and changed the tallies.

“I criticized Speaker Pelosi and House Democrats who spent the run-up to 2020 hyping conspiracy theories and suggesting the election would be presumptively illegitimate if their side lost it.

“In December 2020 and January of last year, our side of the aisle defended our constitutional process despite political pressure and a literal mob.

“But now it is President Biden, Leader Schumer, and other Washington Democrats who don’t like their poll numbers. So they are reversing their tune yet again. The people who spent November 2020 through January 2021 preaching sermons about the strength and sanctity of our democracy are now undertaking to delegitimize the next election in case they lose it.

“We have a sitting President invoking the Civil War, shouting about totalitarianism, and labeling millions of Americans his domestic ‘enemies.’ We have a Senate Democratic Leader who now frequently calls American elections, a ‘rigged game.’

This day was the day Biden turned into all the worst things Trump was ever accused of being.

4 Likes

I appreciate the above posts regarding Biden’s extremism. I think about posters here like @Shandril who could not tolerate Trump’s personality and voted for Biden with the hope he was merely a moderate Democrat and a uniter, not a divider. We realize now that is not the case.

I do not claim to have seen through to the “real Biden”, pre-election, better than @Shandril or tens of millions of other American voters. But there was one thing, a “tell” from back when Biden was President Obama’s VP. And I realize many disagree with me on this and claim Obama was always equally far out as Biden. Nevertheless:

It was Biden who, back circa 2012 (plus or minus), ran point for the Obama administration regarding gay marriage. Obama himself had flip-flopped on the issue several times in prior years. But Biden never wavered, and he eventually brought Obama along to where he was solidly in favor. Hard to believe all that happened ten years ago.

Thing is, Biden always has possessed far left sympathy. I cannot, in my mind, pin this down on other issues. But regarding gay marriage my memory is good. Now back to 2022:

When Biden goes off publically on one of his far left excursions, as happened recently, some people promulgate the notion he has fallen under the influence of his staff, certainly a far left bunch. I’m not so sure of that. I think it easily could be, and has been, Biden himself all along. The POTUS is a VERY liberal guy, and a far more liberal individual than he wanted the electorate to realize pre-election. Give Biden credit. He ran an excellent and highly effective cover up of his actual political ideology from his basement!

1 Like

Ukraine looking bad in these last hours. Biden is so old and confused and weak, and Putin can smell it. Feel bad for the people there. Hope I’m wrong. Once it is lost Trump, if elected in 2024, will not be able to recover Ukraine. Obama lost Crimea. Trump was powerless to reverse the fait accompli.

Elections have consequences. No nasty tweets. Less freedom for our friends abroad. Not a good trade. There is no chance Putin would be contemplating this were Trump still in the big chair.

2 Likes

The U.S. has pledged to respond to any military incursion with unprecedented economic sanctions on members of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s inner circle. But this could trigger retaliatory moves by Moscow against the West – up to and including cuts in the energy that flows from Russia to the rest of the world. Russia is the largest supplier of oil, natural gas and coal to Europe.

I’m sure Putin is trembling. Not to worry, Europe’s green energy will fill the gap /sarcasm

1 Like

LOL. I guess they filled up on Christmas cookies and other goodies so now they need to diet the weight off

We’re prepared to hold out indefinitely now that the holidays are over,” Leila Winbury, a junior at Arizona State University, told Fox News Digital. “I have seen the consequences of a broken democracy my entire life, so we’re willing to suffer the consequences of hunger striking rather than the consequences of the bill not passing.”

She said the next hunger strike will be “a lot bigger” than the 15-day one organized in December.

“Nationwide hunger-striking, more than likely,” she noted.

That is what happens when you grow up believing that temper tantrums and holding your breath will compel others to bend to your will. Like Sinema, Manchin, et al will change their view if sufficient people go on a diet.

1 Like

I think all the threats against them have brought them around to realize that Biden and the far left isn’t worthy of their support in the first place. As another reminder of where the once lauded ACLU falls on that, here’s their comment on Sinema…

1 Like