The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

This was a good comment, from this wide ranging Sullivan piece. If the moderates aren’t welcome in the Democratic Party, the Republicans will be happy to take them.

I wish Democrats would spend less time worrying about gerrymandering and vote suppression and more time worrying about the fact that they don’t have a meaningful message that resonates with “normal” people. Some people worry that Trump will steal the 2024 election. In my view, they should worry instead that he will win without stealing.

Although perhaps that should read “spend less time on gerrymandering and vote suppression…”

Their current message is class/race struggle, a 21st century adaptation of Bernie’s old, failed ideology. Bernie wasn’t a Dem before. He injected himself into the party and hijacked the structure to reach desperate voters throughout the country with false promises. IMO, the Democratic Party needs to rid itself from the extreme left just like the Republican Party needs to rid itself from the extreme right.

3 Likes

What is an example of the extreme right of the republican party?

Yes! Happy ending

Texas officials say all hostages safe, out of Colleyville synagogue; hostage-taker dead

Read more at:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article257360862.html#storylink=cpy

1 Like

https://www.wsj.com/articles/who-you-calling-dastardly-chuck-schumer-georgia-voting-law-11642172418
Backup link

Mr. Schumer wants to impose no-excuses absentee voting on the whole country under some version of H.R.1, but he can’t even convince his constituents in blue New York. Last year’s ballot included a measure to loosen the state constitution’s absentee requirement. Not only did it fail, but it wasn’t close, 55% to 45%. Another measure that would have allowed same-day voter registration also failed, 56% to 44%.

It’d be nice to think Mr. Schumer is merely uninformed, but he’s too smart not to know all this. He’s desperately trying to dodge a primary from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and, like Ricky Gervais hosting the Golden Globe Awards, he simply doesn’t care.

2 Likes

Satire roundup, including some links from last week that showed up late.

1 Like

Biden’s first year saw a 14 point swing in Americans’ political leanings from Democrat to Republican.

1 Like

See, this is proof that our democracy is seriously threatened… :crazy_face:

1 Like

The tragedy is that this number is not a great deal higher.

Earlier generations of Americans, when he tried to attain the office, knew enough not even to entertain Biden’s Presidential aspirations. The guy is an incompetent phony and always has been. The inability of today’s electorate en masse to realize that is alarming.

I’m pretty certain that there’s still an anyone-but-Trump sentiment in play here. It doesn’t matter who it is, as long as it isn’t Trump.

biden

HELP!!!

My administration has fallen and it can’t get up!

United Van Lines top ten states for 2021

Listed here in order are the top ten states people were fleeing in 2021:

1. New Jersey
  2. Illinois
  3. New York
  4. Connecticut
  5. California
  6. Michigan
  7. Massachusetts
  8. Louisiana
  9. Ohio
  10. Nebraska

New Jersey has the honor of being in the #1 slot on this list for the past four years!!

States people fled in 2021

Similar vein, voting with their feet.

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/top-10-inbound-vs-top-10-outbound-us-states-in-2021-how-do-they-compare-on-a-variety-of-economic-tax-business-climate-and-political-measures/

1 Like

UCLA grad student, 24, assassinated without provocation on the job in Los Angeles by Biden supporter.

The USA mainstream media celebrated MLK Day by suppressing news of this brutal slaying, which does not fit their template. Too bad this young woman was not black and the assassin white. Then everyone in America would know about this.

UCLA grad student fatally stabbed while working

They didn’t report much on that “British guy” who held up the synagogue in TX. A British jihadist I suppose.

Or much on that Black Supremacist over Christmas either, just an SUV that accidentally drove over all those people in the parade, and also his girlfriend a few days prior. Take down his social media so you can’t see the hate he was thinking. Judge for yourself -

https://archive.md/txGp9

Dont stoop to their level, shin! This was a tragedy, but there’s no reason to drag politics into it. We’ve spent years rejecting claims trying to pin the blame on Trump for stuff he was equally (in other words, not at all) responsible for. This isnt any different. Everyone agrees this was a horrible thing. Dont diminish it by using it to push a politcal agenda.

And yes, there are random murders every day that dont get much more reporting than a day’s headline in the local daily newspaper. The fact this is in the NY Post means it’s already gotten more attention than most.

Save the vitrol for when a suspect is arrested, then released without bail (since it’s terrible and discriminatory to expect a homeless person to come up with bail money, of course).

1 Like

And similarly, anyone who protests peacefully against the Brandon administration can expect to be sued into bankruptcy, a plan several AGs describe and are implementing against the capitol protestor groups.

You are confused. I never wrote that Biden was in any manner responsible for the slaying. You just made that up!

My point is that many people who do this sort of thing support Biden. And even more important, the US mainstream media which overwhelmingly supports Biden is only too happy to suppress news of such outrages, while trumpeting news of crimes which fit their template, those harming people in their protected and supported classes, blacks and Muslims.

And I’m sick of it!!

Yes, you said this

assassinated without provocation on the job in Los Angeles by Biden supporter.

Except the article you linked to says

The unknown male suspect, who is believed to be homeless, then fled through the back door and walked calmly down an alley, cops said.

and

No motive has been provided yet for the horrifying attack and police were still searching for the suspect as of Monday evening.

He was last seen on surveillance footage going north in the alley to the rear of the crime scene, wearing a dark hoody, sunglasses, a white N-95 mask, dark skinny jeans and dark shoes.

They dont even know who it was, let alone what he may or may not support. You’re the one that just made up the claim it was a Biden supporter. You dragged politics into it for no reason. As I said, stooping to their level.

2 Likes

I am really puzzled why they’re going to go through this. Is this the only way to keep their base from going off the reservation?

“This is of existential importance,” Rep. Mondaire Jones, D-N.Y., said on MSNBC this month about getting rid of the filibuster. “I have got to remain optimistic that Manchin and Sinema, who as of today are the only Democrats in the Senate standing in the way of saving our ailing democracy, are going to have a religious experience and finally do the right thing.”

1 Like