The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Yeah, Schumer is out there undermining democracy full time, looking for new ways to seize power.

2 Likes

I get the grad student isn’t important since she’s white (but we’ll write an article since she’s cute), but surely the CA politicians can find it to care for this long time health care worker of color, brutally murdered by one of those homeless Biden supporters they are busy encouraging and building housing for over in LA.

L.A. County Supervisor Hilda Solis wrote on Sunday that Shells “helped save countless lives throughout the pandemic and it is a heartbreaking loss to lose a hero.”

I’m left speechless. “Do what I want, or we’ll change the rules so we can do it anyways” is the threat to our democracy, not the solution to save it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-treasury-threatens-to-claw-back-arizona-funds-over-anti-masking-school-grants/ar-AASMY6Q?li=BBnb7Kz

including a $163 million grant program for schools that follow state laws banning public school mask mandates, are “ineligible uses” of State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds.

The Treasury said that Arizona must redesign the programs to comply with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines on universal masking

Now Biden is withholding (or threatening to withhold) funds from schools who are following state laws, saying they must violate those laws and instead follow his own “guidelines” to keep the money.

“Screw following the law, you must do what I want instead!”

After further review and consideration:

While my original post was offered without intent to impugn or blame Biden, your thoughtful response got me to thinking.

Biden’s caustic words lately, together with those of Kamala, might well have inflamed the passions of certain persons of color who are on the fringe. Biden went on an asinine rampage in his Georgia speech which brought condemnation from all sides. He was, quite simply, race baiting.

Biden viciously criticized voting rules in states like Georgia, Texas, and others which are FAR less restrictive than those of his home state of Delaware . . . and a great many other blue states. Yet no criticism for blue state voting rules escapes Biden’s lips. Biden claims Georgia refuses water to people waiting on line to vote. This is a bald-faced lie of the first order; and Biden knows it yet repeats the lie over and over along with his mainstream media toadies. There is so much more. Biden is a filthy liar doing everything he can to incite and rile up persons of color.

So bottom line, yes it IS at least a possibility that Biden’s despicable lies could have caused, indirectly, the death of that woman. While I did not think of this on my own at first I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

2 Likes

Totenberg, a longtime Supreme Court reporter, also described an institution that’s overflowing with animosity.

The court’s three liberals, including Sotomayor, are increasingly upset with their conservative colleagues, especially over the possibility that Roe v. Wade, the landmark ruling that legalized abortion nationwide, could soon be overturned.

Ha! More of what used to be referred to as “temper tantrums”. But but but but that’s not how I want it so they must be wrong!

The court’s conservative majority expressed skepticism of the Biden administration’s power to impose a sweeping mandate on workplaces without direct authorization from Congress.

The three liberals disagreed, writing in a dissenting opinion: “When we are wise, we know enough to defer on matters like this one. When we are wise, we know not to displace the judgments of experts, acting within the sphere Congress marked out and under Presidential control, to deal with emergency conditions. Today, we are not wise.”

I thought the Supreme Court (and any court, really) was suppose to interpret and apply the law? Not to ignore the law and rewrite it to their own preferences?

Can they seriously not grasp the fact that there’s a pretty huge difference between “vaccines are good”, and “the government has no authority to force employers to mandate them”? The Democrat justice’s minority opinion might as well read “In the case determining if a tomato is a fruit or a vegetable, we think it’s wise for everyone to wear socks.”

4 Likes

MUST SEE TV!!

Do not miss this, it should be lotsa fun:

Biden will be holding a press conference at 3:00 pm CT today.

This will be his first such press conference in months!!

If you believe this, then if you are being consistent, you must also believe the claim that Trump words could have caused 1/6.

3 Likes

I agree. For sure it is possible for leaders to rile up both fringes. And of course Trump might have brought about the events of 1/6.

For the record, I’m not a Trump acolyte. Back in 2016, last time I had the opportunity in the Republican primary, I voted for Ted Cruz. I once told @scripta that Trump is a putz, and I stand by that. My vote in 2024, if I’m still alive and have opportunity to vote, will go either to Governor DeSantis or, again, to Cruz. However:

Trump will get my enthusiastic support, if it comes to that in the general election, over any Democrat. What the hell:

I even voted for McCain, whom I strongly dislike, over Obama. And I supported Republicrat Mitt Romney over Obama as well. Never have voted for any Democrat at any level of government. Never will.

She is also a long time liar.

4 Likes

And for those hellbent on parsing minute details to hang onto the faintest illusion of plausibility,

MORE JUST IN on Maskgate, this time from the Chief Justice: “I did not request Justice Gorsuch or any other Justice to wear a mask on the bench.”

How great was life for Joe Biden a year ago? MSNBC’s John Heilemann compared him to Lincoln; PBS White House correspondent Yamiche Alcindor said the return of the Democrats “felt like we are being rescued from the craziness and now here are the superheroes to come and save us all”; Rachel Maddow went through “half a box of Kleenex” in joy; even Chris Wallace on Fox said Biden’s half-coherent inauguration speech was “the best inaugural address I ever heard,” JFK’s iconic “Ask Not” included.

Biden looks bad. During the campaign, when he was challenging strangers to pushup contests and doing sternum-pokes in crowds while nervous aides bit their lips, you could make the argument he was merely in steep mental decline, which was okay. Against Trump the standard of “technically alive” worked for a lot of voters. Biden now looks like a man deep into the peeing-on-houseplants stage, and every appearance is an adventure.

To be fair, the part of the talk I listened to this afternoon showed him to be reasonably articulate and coherent, so I guess he passed my low expectations.

Yes!

Good news, Bad news for 01/20/2022

The good news:

We have somehow made it through one year of the Biden Presidential debacle

The bad news:

Three more years of this purgatory remain.

And guess what turned out to be fake news

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/sotomayor-gorsuch-deny-report-odds-masks-82356089

2 Likes

But even worse, this is Totenberg and NPR’s response:

The Supreme Court literally released an official statement and described the report as “false.” NPR and Totenberg is standing by reporting that BOTH justices described as FALSE. That is where mainstream news is today. Taxpayer funded National Public Radio.

2 Likes

Nina, a hard core liberal, is 78 years old and most likely in her cups much of the time. Typical NPR.

Look up a few posts to another link - it’s ALL THREE justices declaring the story to be false, with Roberts himself also stating in no uncertain terms that he made no such mask request.

3 Likes

The left lost this round on their federal takeover of elections but they will not quit. Here’s a very clear explanation.

However, at present HR1 is the entire ball of wax for the Democrats, who have moved much further to the left than ever before in my lifetime and perhaps in American history. That’s what makes it different and that’s what makes them more even more determined than usual (and they usually are very determined indeed) to pass this legislation, because they believe it will give them permanent power . Permanent power includes the power to do more things that will solidify that power, including making new states out of DC and Puerto Rico. Then they would never have to worry about the likes of Sinema and Manchin. To be blunt, HR1 gives them a much greater opportunity to win elections through fraud, and if so then they also would never have to worry about the pesky voters’ rejection, either.

Whether anything will stop them is anyone’s guess. But they will not stop trying to pass this bill any way they can (and that includes some sort of executive action if the legislative action fails, and lawfare as well).

1 Like