The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Satire roundup

Time to mint more insurrectionists so the current politicians never have to give up power. The latest from Greenwald.

tyranny exists only in Western adversaries but never in the West itself is treated as a permanent axiom of international affairs, as if Western democracies are divinely shielded from the temptations of genuine repression. Indeed, to suggest that a Western democracy has descended to the same level of authoritarian repression as the West’s official enemies is to assert a proposition deemed intrinsically absurd or even vaguely treasonous.

As potent as this mythological framework is, reinforced by large media corporations over so many decades, it cannot withstand the increasingly glaring use of precisely these despotic tactics in the West. Watching Justin Trudeau — the sweet, well-mannered, well-raised good-boy prince of one of the West’s nicest countries featuring such a pretty visage (even on the numerous occasions when marred by blackface) — invoke and then harshly impose dubious emergency, civil-liberties-denying powers is just the latest swing of the hammer causing this Western sculpture to crumble. In sum, you are required by Western propaganda to treat the two images below as fundamentally different; indeed, huge numbers of people in the West vehemently denounce the one on the left while enthusiastically applauding the one on the right. Such brittle mythology can be sustained only for so long:

This last decade of history is crucial to understand the dissent-eliminating framework that has been constructed and implemented in the West. This framework has culminated, thus far, with the stunning multi-pronged attacks on Canadian truckers by the Trudeau government. But it has been a long time in the making, and it is inevitable that it will find still-more extreme expressions.

It is, after all, based in the central recognition that there is mass, widespread anger and even hatred toward the neoliberal ruling class throughout the West. Trump, Brexit and the rise of far-right parties in places where their empowerment was previously unthinkable — including Germany and France — is unmistakable proof of that. Rather than sacrifice some of the benefits of inequality that have generated much of that rage or placate or appease it with symbolic concessions, Western neoliberal elites have instead opted for force, a system that crushes all forms of dissent as soon as they emerge in anything resembling an effective, meaningful or potent form.

3 Likes

For anyone considering reading this, don’t. It’s garbage. I’ll sum it up for you.

Amy Coney Barrett voted with at least 4 other republican appointed judges in these cases where I don’t like the outcome. She recently gave a speech saying she was a judicial formalist and follows the law, but clearly she is lying because I don’t think she followed the law in those cases. That makes me so angry. I’m so angry that I’ll quote Scalia and imply that he was better at following the law even though I’ve written dozens of articles about how much I hate his decisions too.

3 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/uncle-of-bride-fatally-shot-by-police-at-florida-wedding-authorities-say/ar-AAU8hKQ?li=BBnb7Kz

So does the headline

Uncle of bride fatally shot by police at Florida wedding, authorities say

A wedding reception in Florida ended in tragedy on Saturday when officers responding to an altercation at the event fatally shot a guest.

really match the meat of the story

When two officers arrived on the scene, one spoke with Knight before police said Knight attacked an officer “leaving the officer unconscious.” Knight then allegedly began to attack another officer as the crowd circled in before the officer shot Knight.

???

The report seems to really want to blame the cop for shooting another unarmed person, while knowing the victim clearly (per what’s known) brought it on himself.

2 Likes

Are we still waiting or are we done now? Or are you going to allege that a broken clock is right twice a day?

I forgot to include that pulling a Crimea requires to first be recognized as independent by Russia. Now the “peacekeepers” are moving in. Next step is a phony referendum.

[quote=“scripta, post:1601, topic:4212, full:true”]

I dont understand. When you report today’s news, you should report today’s news. Not what you think the news will be tommorrow.

But they were reporting the news. You don’t surround another country with half of your military unless you’ve got a plan to go in.

As it should be obvious to everyone today, everything Russia said (training exercises, no plans to invade, etc) was bullshit, and everything the West thought and said would happen – is happening.

2 Likes

Putin’s violin concerto

Putin is playing Biden like a violin. Biden cannot even hold NATO together, as we see both Germany and Italy claiming Putin’s Ukraine invasion reality has not materialized. And this while Biden, too, is in denial regarding the existence of an invasion!!

Tune into CNN or MSNBC to hear their liberal rationalization of Biden’s disgusting weakness and fecklessness.

Meanwhile, back where it matters:

The second prong of Putin’s strategy is proceeding apace. His Ukraine shenanigans totally dominate American mainstream media news attention. There is no coverage whatsoever of the thousands of illegals, or of the drugs, pouring into our country each day.

While Xi waits anxiously in the wings

Putin is winning and winning large. With Biden at our helm, it’s not all that difficult. We are being hollowed out. Meanwhile Xi is smacking his lips. And who can blame him.

1 Like

Biden: If Putin advances into Ukraine, Nord Stream 2 is over!!

Reality:

If Putin controls Ukraine he does not need Nord Stream 2. He will have total control of the pipelines which run through . . wait for it . . Ukraine itself!!

Is Biden a jackass? Or does he think all of us are jackasses?

Answer: both. After all, his election alone proves the latter.

1 Like

No. It was reporting their conclusions they derrived from what facts they had. They were not reporting facts. Just using “unacceptable” in the headline should make it clear it was a subjective report, reporting the news does not include telling the reader what to think about the facts. I dont care how “right” it may end up proving to be, the purpose is to push a narrative not report the news.

It’s like this article:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-dirty-little-secret-of-donald-trumps-massive-fundraising/ar-AAU8NSx?li=BBnb7Kz

It doesnt matter that all the facts are facts; the article isnt reporting the facts, it’s telling us what we’re supposed to think about the facts (the “dirty little secret”). That isnt journalism, that’s propaganda. Just like the Ukraine story.

2 Likes

Our only real hope

I want to emphasize I am not some sort of California kook who believes this will happen. This will NOT happen. This is just theory. But it would represent America’s only chance to return to some sort of equilibrium. And only a chance, not a sure thing.

• Republicans regain control of Congress in November

• Trump is elected Speaker by the Republican Congress

• Biden is impeached and removed for gross incompetence

• Harris, if she does not resign, is also impeached for obvious reasons

• Trump takes over as President of the United States

Again, this is simply not going to happen. Worse, even were Trump returned to power it is FAR from certain he would be able to put right everything Biden has messed up or destroyed completely. Maybe he would at least be able to put a tourniquet on the bleeding.

But Trump would not be able to un-ring the Ukraine bell, any more than he was able earlier to rescue Crimea. And if Taiwan were gone before Trump took power, it would be gone for good.

Reality:

The above is a dream. Trump will not be able to re-take the helm until January 2025 at the earliest. And by then the Biden damage, here and abroad, will be irreversible.

I’m sad for my country.

What’s really sad is that we are dreaming of Trump re-taking the helm. How messed up are we as a society when he is the best foot we can put forward? We’d almost have better luck making the Presidency the jackpot prize of the MegaMillions lottery.

1 Like

Trump is covered from head to foot with warts related to his personality. But when it comes to strength and correct policy, Trump is many orders of magnitude better than Biden.

The choice is clear. It’s not even close.

4 Likes

Good to know you aren’t a Cali kook.

The same Trump that befriends Putin and Kim? Yeah, correct policy much.

1 Like

Under Trump no territory that enshrined freedom and liberty was lost. In addition, because Trump projected personal power, nobody had the cajones to mess with him and no new wars were begun on his watch.

Peace through strength remains a powerful concept. It worked for Reagan as he guided this nation out of a decades long cold war. It worked for Trump as well.

Biden exudes weakness. It’s in his speech. It’s in his personal bearing as he walks. It saturates his entire administration. Weakness like that cannot be hidden. Our adversaries can smell it at great distances. And people here at home can sense it.

But Putin, Xi, and Kim in particular are aware of Biden’s profound weakness, right across the board. They realize, with almost three more years of such degeneration ahead of America, NOW is their time to assert themselves and take what they want.

There is not a chance in the world this would be happening were Trump POTUS. Trump exuded strength and unpredictability. Biden, like Obama before him, is obviously weak, indecisive, and exploitable. With vulnerability like that at the top, America herself becomes open to assault.

Finally, Obama did not get everything wrong. Recall when he took out Osama. That took decisiveness and courage. And the entirety of Obama’s team, back then, was supportive of his thinking; even Hillary. All, that is, with the exception of Biden. Biden counseled President Obama NOT to go in.

Biden is weak and lacks the courage it takes to be a good leader of this country. And people all around the world know it!!

4 Likes

I know it’s hard to comprehend that you cant just cancel into oblivion any other leaders you dont like. But we do need to coexist with those other leaders, and share the world with them no matter how much you may detest them. Accepting that reality is not “befriending” (in the negative context you are implying), it’s…well…its simply living in reality. People were so hellbent on building the global economy we now live in, and in a global economy it’s far more beneficial to remain cordial with everyone.

2 Likes

Did anyone else watch Biden’s “press conference” this afternoon, a short while ago? He stood there at the podium, squinting like Mr. Magoo, and tossed out several halfway measures which supposedly will deter Russian aggression. Nobody was buying it.

But the worst part came at the end. Having finished his presentation, Biden simply turned on his heel and walked out. His bearing was VERY much that of an old man, somebody you would encounter at an old age home.

The press of course, understandably, shouted tens of questions in Biden’s direction as he retreated. He paid them no mind whatsoever; just walked out. It was a terrible look.

Trump never did that. He eagerly entertained press questions, bad and oftentimes ridiculous as they were. But Trump didn’t turn his back to the press because he understood that was tantamount to doing so to the American people who elected him. Biden, on the other hand, cannot answer off the cuff press questions out of fear of confirming to all he is a jackass. The man has no business leading this country.

2 Likes

Not too closely, but the trading game I proposed (ala drinking game) was whenever there was a news headline “Biden says: blah” you go and buy a few more shares of RSX, the Russia etf. It went up steadily through his weak responses, and then kinda stalled out around $21 when he ran off.

I did listen more carefully to what Trump said on this interview today, since I’ve got some positions in his social media spac (DWAC), which was way up briefly on the launch this weekend.

1 Like

It’s black history month after all. Comments on the Supreme Court nomination, among others.

The president has announced that he’s going to appoint a black woman to the Supreme Court. A lot of liberals think with a 6-3 disparity in favor of conservatives on the court—you’ve only got three seats—that that person, whoever it is, ought to be able to lay down dissenting opinions written from the point of view of profound constitutional legal expertise that could be the template for a future legal movement which should push back against what the conservative majority is bound to do. They want an Antonin Scalia of the left. They want somebody at the top of their game. They don’t necessarily have to come from academia, but the most profound …

That person probably would… and would be a leader, an intellectual leader.

Now, are there no black women capable of being intellectual leaders at the Supreme Court? I would never say so. I would never say it. But if we were to draw a list of the ten most profound, without reference to race or sex, just draw the list of the people whose writings are indicative of a mastery sufficient to be the intellectual leader of a resistance movement against conservative jurisprudence at the court over the next quarter century, it’s entirely possible that that list would not contain any black women at all.

Now, he’s going to appoint a black woman. He’s already said. I mean, there’s no turning back from that. Has anything been lost here? Dare anyone say that anything has been lost? And I want to say this, not just personally lost, lost for the country, lost for the future of the law.

1 Like