The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Predictions are difficult, especially about the future

Safe now to assert Milley was not even close:

Milley’s “three day war”:

Shortly before Russian President Vladimir Putin launched his latest invasion of Ukraine, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley, reportedly told congressional leaders meeting in closed session that the smaller country would “fall in 72 hours.” Welp, here we are, well over a month into that three-day war.

But it’s OK. Why?

Because Milley is as woke as they come. And that, not military competence, is what really matters.

1 Like

Morgan manipulates, edits Trump interview video in effort to sensationalize outcome, gain viewers

Nobody should be surprised by this. Trump sits for these interviews because he is an idiot too stupid to care he is being used.

Supporters of child grooming are standing proudly and resolutely behind their beliefs. There is NO backing down.

Democrats, anti-Trump RINOs, and the press have joined forces in an all out attack on parental prerogative. To them, the government decides what kids are taught, not moms and dads. For these culture warriors, they are NOT your children to rear as you wish. Your children will be taught THEIR values. Period.

2 Likes

“I am a straight, white, Christian, married, suburban mom” who wants “every kid to feel seen, heard and supported

Then support them as children, not tools for advancing your social agendas.

Do you want to “support” them like this?

Edit. The rest of the tweet says that the teacher was fired the week before his video appeared on libs of TikTok

1 Like

female: adjective

Man Threatens Merriam-Webster With Violence for Definition of ‘Female’

The U.S. Attorney’s office for Massachusetts accused 34-year-old Jeremy David Hanson of making “a multitude” of “anti-LGBTQ” threats to the company over the definitions, which refer to “gender identity.”

On background:

47 Federal St, Springfield, MA 01105, United States

You need to know Merriam Webster is located at that address.

So of course their work product reflects the values, biases, and mindsets of Massachusetts people. Period.

Clearly the US Attorney for Massachusetts will broach no disagreement whatsoever with those wildly liberal views.

Now was this OC idiot really going to fly to Massachusetts and carry out his threats? Of course not. But see above. It makes no difference. If you disagree with their insane views they will hunt you down and turn your existence into a living hell.

1 Like

Obama’s utter hypocrisy on ‘disinformation’

Disinformation critic wannabe Obama is the acknowledged past master of that art.

Obama, after all, won PolitiFact’s “Lie of the Year” Award in 2013 for his endlessly repeated claim that under ObamaCare, “if you like your health plan, you can keep it”.

This lie was treated as fact and amplified by major media across the US for naked political purposes. I.e., a textbook example of actual disinformation. In fact, his “reforms” guaranteed that millions of Americans would lose their old coverage, and he darn well knew it.

Then there was Benghazi, where his administration blamed an attack by an al Qaeda affiliate against a US consular outpost on an inflammatory YouTube video — and again saw the lie propped up by big media properties.

Don’t forget his lie about whether he ever set a red line around Bashar al-Assad’s use of chemical weapons in Syria. He did. On record. Then, insanely, he literally claimed he hadn’t.

And that’s to say nothing of the fact that Obama presided over the start of the Russiagate narrative, now revealed as another textbook disinfo operation — one of the most successful in recent US history, not only kneecapping the Trump administration but leaving tens of millions of Americans still convinced of the lie even today

The ex-president is utterly comfortable with the media spreading disinformation, as long as it benefits his team. His demand for a “redesign” is plainly just a push for tighter controls to make the playing field even less level.

Unless and until Obama demands fixes to prevent outrages like the suppression of The Post’s Hunter Biden laptop reporting, he’s simply another rich, powerful guy using his sway to stifle the free exchange of ideas.

And unlike the “disinformation” bogeyman, that is an actual threat to democracy.

I remember when you looked at the dictionary to learn the definition of a word, rather than the dictionary being edited to comply with what some people want a word to mean.

That said…

What a crock of manufactured controversy. This guy is getting this attention because he repeatedly threatened to blow up their building and shoot everyone who works there. In that regard, he clearly cross a line and should be investigated if not charged. But it is not because of “anti-AGBTQ threats”, no matter how much a reporter or the AG wants to make it so.

1 Like

Cops on pot - OK in New Jersey

If you’re an off duty NJ cop, feel free to toke up:

But what about Federal law? you ask.

Forget Federal law. NJ cops are not required to respect Federal law.

And beside that, when was the last time Biden or Trump enforced Federal pot law in accord with their sworn oath of office?

Satire roundup

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-holds-trump-in-contempt-over-documents-in-new-york-ags-inquiry/ar-AAWzYlm?li=BBnb7Kz

So the nuts and bolts:

Lawyers for Mr. Trump had argued that they conducted a thorough search for the records being sought by investigators and found no new documents to provide. But Justice Engoron decided that the lawyers had not provided sufficient detail about how they searched.

The contempt order could be short-lived. If Alina Habba, one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers, files a sworn statement detailing every step that was taken to locate potential documents, the judge might be satisfied, lawyers close to the case said. Ms. Habba said after the hearing ended that she intended to file such a statement, potentially by the end of the day.

Ms. Habba also said she intended to appeal the ruling.

“All documents responsive to the subpoena were produced to the attorney general months ago,” Ms. Habba said. “This does not even come close to meeting the standard on a motion for contempt.”

At the hearing, Justice Engoron objected to an earlier statement from Mr. Trump’s lawyers regarding their efforts to search for documents, calling it “woefully insufficient” and “boilerplate.”

It failed, he said, to outline “what, who, where, when and how any search was conducted.”

But the Times cant help but declaring:

The ruling — and Justice Engoron’s comments — represent a significant victory for Ms. James

I cant imagine how far you have fallen, when the other side being told their paperwork sucked is considered a significant victory.

For those who remember that last elections dirty tricks, more things coming to light.

1 Like

Progress! Trans rights!

Trans rights is such a tiny issue in the scope of things maybe we should just blow off all this gender identity nonsense and instead of having guys and girls (bathrooms, prisons, sports) we can have the “penis” or “no penis” sections. I’m willing to concede a guy who’s willing to cut it off is pretty committed to thinking he’s, well, not so much of a guy anymore.

2 Likes

This is not what we meant by “protecting our democracy”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/25/politics/desantis-florida-election-bill-signing/index.html

The new Florida law also increases penalties for violating Florida election laws. It makes it a felony to collect and submit more than two vote-by-mail ballots on behalf of other voters. It previously was a misdemeanor to do so. It also increases the fine from $1,000 to $50,000 on organizations that violate voter registration laws.

Cecile Scoon, the president of the Democratic Voter Enhancement, called the new $50,000 fine a “direct threat” to her organization. "When you couple the increased fines with the new election investigators, it doesn’t give you a warm or cozy feeling”

I guess it doesn’t give you such a feeling, Cecile (whose organization name I may have mistyped), because your organization planned on illegally collecting votes and not getting caught? Maybe our election integrity is more important than (gasp) your feelings?

4 Likes

I know, it sucks when the cost of stealing an election goes up…

I’ve always tended to believe that properly enacted laws were examples of democracy in action.
And unilaterally imposing changes in voting laws while bypassing the standard legislative process was considered the threat to democracy. One is happening now, the other happened 18 months ago. I think a lot of folks are getting confused as to which is which.

VP Harris got the covid.

1 Like
  • VP Harris Is Taking Paxlovid, Press Secretary Says

A fine choice, since we bought more of this good stuff than people will end up taking. Not clear she’s “high risk” health wise, but she’s the right color I guess.

“I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,”

President Joe Biden agreed to cover more than $800,000 in bills racked up by his son — including legal fees tied to the winding down of his controversial overseas business dealings — ahead of the 2020 election, according to an email that surfaced Tuesday.

Must be nice to be grifting so successfully that a million bucks slips your mind. Then again, seems like a lot more is slipping his mind these day.

3 Likes

So we are suppose to blame Trump for negotiating a deal that Boeing is now regretting and will likely lose money on? Shouldn’t this be considered a good thing for the American people?

Calhoun spoke on the company’s quarterly earnings call and promised investors “a very different philosophy” to fixing in advance the price for military projects

So back to the age-old strategy of soaking the government for all you can? Funny how he was making these comments to Boeing shareholders, who sit on the other side of the negotiating table, but it’s being reported as yet another Trump blunder.

3 Likes

This sort of reporting is by definition.