The 2022 election politics

The view from Italy. Hope the “far right” wins and it’s a preview for the US. By the way, play the video at the link. According to the article it became quite a hit in a backfire for the left.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/07/far-right-favored-to-win-italian-election.php

I can’t imagine what the “Far Right” in Italy looks like. Of course, if it’s the picture in your link, then I’ll vote by mail. :wink:

1 Like

Greitens is now in third in the Republican primary for the Missouri Senate seat. Schmitt leads.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2022 - Missouri Senate - Republican Primary!

1 Like

Although the poll is interesting, there was massive voting fraud in in Arizona in 2020 so who knows what will happen now. The poll was by Rasmussen so I think it’s legit.

Both Trump and Pence were in the state this month stumping for their candidates. While touted as a clash of titans, the media said it was closer to a “varsity-JV scrimmage,” with Trump dominating.

LOL

1 Like

The fix is in. The recall organizers need $$ to lawyer up. Donate here

Real-time comments, so please forgive editing, and lack of mental acuity, or acruity since we’re finance-focused …

Dear Comrade Gascon,

I have it on good authority ,well, almost admission hmm, guaranteed denial (@scripto, @Loren, @Bend3r,@completeBS) that you have no reason to fear facts, face data, or admit the obvious. You are woke, and the woke stand tall in california, even if the redwoods are no longer allowed. (apologies to @pattyb53).

He’s an idiot. I don’t support him.

Comment

After taking in several of the “Sunday shows” this morning my comment is that if Trump announces a 2024 POTUS run prior to this fall’s midterm elections

Conservatives are screwed

Such an announcement by Trump will energize Democrats, who otherwise might not, to instead come out and vote this November. Trump needs to remain silent on his intentions for the next 100 days. We shall see.

4 Likes

Please Honkinggoose, don’t consider me belonging to the Californian “woke”society.

I’m going back to the 1960’s when California life was simply beautiful, anyway, “in my backyard”. Try as they may, they can’t change me. :blush:

So take me off the woke list…

1 Like

Have teachers learned anything from the parent’s revolution of the past few years? Not even remotely.

This is from a summer teachers’ conference that isn’t particularly woke. It’s called UnboundEd Standards Institute, just held in Orlando, FL.

What sort of teachers need to “speak their truth” and “talk about race systematically”? This poster was specifically aimed at teachers of K-5 English Language Arts.

1 Like

I have to admit, I had myself a little chuckle when I came across this many unsold copies at my local Dollar Tree.

5 Likes

Outstanding development. These vermin only deserve contempt. “Cattle call” shows the writer is unbiased /sarc

When Fox News host Tucker Carlson appeared last week at the Family Leadership Summit in Iowa — an annual cattle call for Republican would-be presidential contenders — he insisted that he was a not a candidate, but he had advice for what GOP voters should look for in one: “You need to be really wary of candidates who care what the New York Times thinks,” he said. Singling out former U.N. ambassador Nikki Haley, who, after the murder of George Floyd, tweeted that his death was “personal and painful,” Carlson accused the likely presidential candidate of pandering to the wrong audience.

“You’re trying to please the people whose opinions you actually care about — at the New York Times ,” he said, mocking Haley.

The battle has been joined but very far from won. As you mention, not even close. See this very good speech by William Jacobson. He has been fighting this battle from within the education/indoctrination system for many years

2 Likes

Results roundup

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/who-won-and-who-lost-in-tuesdays-primary-elections/ar-AA10fGDN?li=BBnb7Kz

2 Likes

IN Republican killed in car crash, no survivors.

1 Like

Stinks to high heaven but is the usual Arizona election stealing. In addition to the Pinal county fiasco, Maricopa county still has not reported the election results as of 8 pm Arizona time on August 3

2 Likes

What better way to invalidate claims of fraud and malfeasance than to show that the supposed irregularities are simply due to incompetence and happen every election cycle…

2 Likes

Arizona is the eye of the hurricane:

prediction. Sinema will fold like a cheap suit.

The amount of money to be spent on this race will be breathtaking. Kelly has $25 million in the bank and Masters has the backing of billionaire Peter Thiel.

2 Likes

Bang!

The Arizona Democrat’s approval of the $739 billion health care, climate and deficit-reduction package was contingent on allocating 40% of its spending to deficit reduction

Ha! That’s an easy target to reach. This $74B kickback to the big guy will be invested instead of being spent. That’s 10% going to deficit reduction right off the bat. :smile:

2 Likes

was contingent on allocating 40% of its spending to deficit reduction

everyone knows that wind and solar are ultimately going to cost less than evil fossil fuels because they will avoid the “climate catastrophe” so everything spent on that goes to deficit reduction /sarcasm

2 Likes